Shattered Plastic! (thanks STARS)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Shattered Plastic! (thanks STARS)

Post by Time Traveller »

Since the roleplay has slowed, and Blackjack and I are still working on revisions to our rules, who's interested in doing a short "shattered glass" campaign based on the TFL roleplay? The current Autobots become Decepticons, and the current Decepticons become Autobots, and you pick at least one trait of your character to be "opposite." For example, Evil Cyclonus from G1 is known for being an incredibly loyal, soldierly 'con in the G1 cartoon.
In official SG lore, Cyclonus is a "good guy"... but he's incredibly DISloyal and actually betrays Megatron and the other "good guys".

Another example, of Decepticon Cambreaker:

Cambreaker is a tyrannical Warlord, Barbaric but pure. He backs up his military genius with a horde of battle-crazed Decepticons that have been taught to fear only their leader. Cambreaker is no coward, he leads from the front, wading into battle slinging his axe through hapless Autobots and crushing them under his eight massive wheels. Together with his insidious consort Minerva, they lead the Decepticon horde on surprise raids of Autobot strongholds, laying waste to all they do not loot or plunder for themselves, and seldom leaving survivors.

Cambreaker transforms into an 8x8 battlewagon, with an armored truck bed bristling with firing ports and repeating lasers. He was once painted in a satin black with crimson racing stripes, but now he is covered mostly in scars, scrapes, and the crusted hydraulic fluid of slain enemies.

I'd like to keep the good autobot/evil decepticon convention to prevent confusion for old-timers like me, and, as you can see, he's still the faction leader, still fights with his axe in front of the battle, but in contrast, as a Decepticon, Cambreaker sacrifices his disciplined, respectful leadership for the unrestrained and furious leadership of a warlord.

If we have enough interest, we could run this until we get things in the main RP. Don't feel beholden to hasbro's canon SG story if your character is already in it, make your own modifications, let's have some fun with this!

Also, TLA, You remember how in the comics, Bludgeons says the prophecies describe the last autobot as a great warrior? I expect you to finally make Bludgeon's delusional dream true. :lol:

So, sign up, tell your thoughts, write a quick bio!
Last edited by Time Traveller on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I wanna see where tthis goes, so-

Jazz is the menacing, insane, quirpster of the bunch. He loves music, that not a lie, but his brand of music is heavy, loud, horrifying music that causes any bot to freeze in peril and shatter their receptors. Thats just what Jazz likes, to hear the mummers of his enemies while trying to block out the grudging tune. Once in striking range he whips out his Ion rifle and lays waste to them all. He's not a brute by any means, and usually keeps a cool head, which helps him think of more effective and cruel ways to win. However, if drove or pushed to far all logic calculations in his processor shut down as he starts to cackle madly. You'll get the same result if you share some dark humor with him. While the "Cruel Cat" of the group, he hates anything that dosn't seem right to him, so it only fits that his motto is- "Destroy it with hate or don't bother destroying it at all!"

Hows that TT?
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Great! I forgot a motto for Cam:

"We have what we came for... efface the rest."
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Oh yeah TT, I remember... :twisted:

The Last Decepticon is the ultimate warrior of evil. He lives for one purpose, to serve the will of Unicron by destroying every Autobot he lays eyes upon. Few who encounter him live to tell the tale, and those that do are often too mentally scarred to lead any kind of "normal" life. He wades into battle, wantonly blasting anyone who dares stand in his way, ally and enemy alike. He is a giant black robot with red accents and has no alternate mode, as he was exposed to nucleon and became an Action Master in his early days to make him as powerful as possible. He is Unicron's right hand and will do literally whatever the Chaos Bringer commands him. Due to this, his master has given him a special ability, the power to repair comrades and Unicron himself. Between his prowess in all aspects of combat and ability to repair fallen comrades he is a respected and feared member of the Decepticon ranks, as he can (and has) use his uncanny power in reverse.

How's that?
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

cool... I had already thought about this and have ordered a spare G1 bot for customizing.

Blackbolt.
Loves heights. Brave, grimly determined warrior. Selected by Optimus Prime to command because of his fearless nature and dislike for all inferior lifeforms. In jet Mode, speed of Mach 2.9, range 4500 miles. invisible to Radar. Uses electrostatic discharge rifle in robot Mode. His new purpose in life is to rid the world of the Traitor Slingshot, who defected because of his love for humans, and Blackbolt's harsh leadership tactics.
Last edited by Silverbolt on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I think I'll join in here now.

Thundercracker
As part of the Mayhem Suppression Squad, it is Thundercracker's duty to bring down any Decepticon threat when the Autobots' normal forces are not enough. Although his team often switches between working for Megatron and working for the Quintessons, Thundercracker is fiercely loyal to his best friend Starscream. If his missiles and guns can't stop the enemy, his sonic dampeners will at least shut them up. He is absolutely dedicated to the preservation of life, including that of organics, and would go offline before he sees a single organic die.

EDIT: Missed something. Fixed.
Last edited by PrimeDirective on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Ok then sounds like a reasonable idea.

let me see.

Autobot Darkshock

An autobot who does not hide his appearance and is an excellent warrior first and foremost preferring to leave scientific and medical matters to other softer mechs. He is incredibly blunt if he speaks and is not prone to talking beyond the bare minimum.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

It's starting to look like a blast, guys! a bit tongue in cheek, but it ought to be fun. We need some more Autobots though, Perhaps a Heroic Deszaras to lead them up? I'll toss in a bit of backstory:

After the heroic Autobots had finally crushed the Decepticon presence off of Cybertron by planting the heroic double spies Rodimus and Arcee among their ranks, the Decepticons took to Cambreaker's Pirate flagship, the Netherspite. Traveling through space, they rebuilt their forces by raiding inhabited colonies of other worlds, killing the natives and plundering all the supplies they needed.
Having previously destroyed Iacon by orbital bombardment to prevent Autobots utilizing the city, the Decepticons returned to the scarred blast crater and began to execute vicious raids, operating from the docked Netherspite in absence of any standing ruins. While the Autobots grieved the loss of their capital, they took up defense in the fortress city of Kaon while Cambreaker attempted to ablate it by bombardment. Only the timely interference of a powerful and benevolent benefactor saved the city from the assault, and now the Decepticons prepare for another merciless assault, gathering their strength in arms at the Netherspite over former Iacon...
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm on the fence.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

That's cus your character's allegiance is meant to be hazy anymore :P
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote:It's starting to look like a blast, guys! a bit tongue in cheek, but it ought to be fun. We need some more Autobots though, Perhaps a Heroic Deszaras to lead them up? I'll toss in a bit of backstory:
Quick someone. what's the complete opposite of a bond villain? :lol:
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Bond?
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

The Last Autobot wrote:Bond?
Possibly. Would kinda be funny. the names aras, Desz aras. :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*Cambreaker chops his axe into the table between Death Saurus' knees*

"You expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Saurus, I expect you to DIE!"

If you're looking for the opposite of a Bond villain, how about M, with Darkshock as Q, a tech-centered but benevolent mad scientist?
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Said Wheeljack to the Seekers, "Mind if i cut in?"

Autobots being evil and Decepticons being good is kind of what "Shattered Glass" is all about. This thing where everyone is somehow the opposite of normal, but the Autobots are still good and the Decepticons are still evil, this is more like "Shattered Plastic"--which is what i propose calling it.

i'd like to take a shot at this, if that's not a problem, even though i don't have a regular character to "Shatter". Nobody's playing a character named Megaplex, are they? (Hopefully this time i'll be around long enough and often enough to contribute meaningfully to the game, but if i'm not, at least this is a short-term filler RP, right? And if i do manage to keep up with this, maybe i'll be able to join the real game, too, when it starts back up again, although i might switch to a different character. How are things going with hammering out the new rules and scenarios, by the way?)

HEROIC AUTOBOT MEGAPLEX
"Peace through the vigilance of all sentient beings!"

2----Strength

7----Intelligence

7----Speed

9----Endurance

?----Rank (i'll adjust it to suit the needs of the RP)

6----Courage

0----Firepower/Fireblast

10--Aquablast

8----Skill

When his duties as an Autobot don't require otherwise, Megaplex is a volunteer firefighter. While bearing a strong resemblance to G1 Megatron, he has a hydro cannon instead of a fusion cannon, spraying water instead of destructive energy... although Megaplex can pressurize his spray to such intensities that the stream can cut through many Transformers' armor.

Where G1 Megatron's fusion cannon can remotely tap into the power of a black hole, Megaplex's hydro cannon is actually a variation of space bridge technology. The location of the hydro cannon's transwarp intake varies. For instance, when Megaplex is on Earth, the intake draws water from the Pacific Ocean, whereas when he's on Cybertron or one of its moons, the intake collects acid rain from Cybertron's atmosphere.
((On the subject of water-based weapons, compare with the canonical Color Changers, Aquaspeeders, and Stormtroopers.))

Megaplex is shaped like Masterpiece Megatron, except that in gun mode, he has the silencer and stock Megatron is usually shown to have in G1, and these do not detach or disappear into subspace when he transforms into robot mode; rather, the silencer collapses a fair amount, like a telescope, while the stock splits into left and right halves (attached to his left and right legs, respectively), each of which folds into additional leg armor.

In robot mode, he is colored like the toy of G1 Metroplex's "Targetmaster partner" Six-Gun; in gun mode, his colors are what you would get if you actually retooled and redecoed a Masterpiece Megatron the way i've described. (In particular note that this means an asymmetrical deco in gun mode: the left side of the gun has a section of white which becomes Megaplex's chest, while the same section of the right side of the gun is maroon since it becomes Megaplex's back. The scope is black, as is the rearmost part of the gun above the handgrip. Unless i've forgotten/misunderstood anything about the way the toy transforms, i think the rest of the gun--the barrel, silencer, trigger, handgrip, and stock--should be maroon.)

Unlike Megatron, when Megaplex transforms from weapon mode to robot mode, he shrinks--to a height of 9.525 centimeters (3.75 inches) tall (roughly the same size as G1 Action Master Megatron).

When transforming from robot mode to weapon mode, he can choose one of two sizes: one suitable for an average adult Human hand, and one suitable for the hand of someone like G1 cartoon Skyfire--which makes Megaplex a bit unwieldy for most Transformers, but not unmanageably so. However, he can not change size without transforming; to switch from the size of a Human's weapon to the size of a Transformer's (or vice versa), he must transform to robot mode first.

i'll try to adapt Megaplex's personality to the needs of the RP, but i suspect that, since Megatron is a leader, Megaplex is more of a follower. His small size would probably make him good as a spy; his hydro cannon would probably make him a viable warrior, although his small robot mode and immobile-without-assistance alternate mode probably hurt his hand-to-hand combat skills.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

who's startin this thang???

sorry ... I git excited an mah red neck cuums owwt.

I should play Ironhide. 8)
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Oh. Well, TT gave us a scenario... i guess i assumed he was going to give us the green light, too, but was waiting until he deemed there to be enough players. We can go ahead and start, if you want, although i was going to see how things started out before developing my character's personality more...

[skims Silverbolt's Blackbolt profile]

Wait, is Blackbolt an evil Autobot, or an evil Decepticon, or...? i'm a little confused. i'll read it again.

Oh, and what are "cuums"?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

yeah
I was purposely misspelling

but yeah we need a green light

Blackbolt is and evil Decepticon
based on a good Autobot in a mirror-verse where Autobots are Decepticons
so if Megaplex is a good guy in the real world he's a bad guy here.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Ironically, "purposely misspelling" is the part i got right. i translated it back into English in my head wrong.

Megaplex is an Autobot good guy here, in the mirrorverse. He doesn't exist in the "real" world (the normal TFL RPG), but if he did, he would be an evil Decepticon. (He's based on G1 Megatron--not to be confused with Lord Megatron, who i believe plays a role in the normal TFL RPG--but named after Machine Wars Megaplex, an evil Decepticon cloned from evil Decepticon leader MW Megatron.)

By my count, there are four "Shattered Plastic" Decepticons villains--

Cambreaker (leader?)
Jazz
The Last Decepticon
Blackbolt

--and three "Shattered Plastic" Autobot heroes--

Thundercracker
Darkshock
Megaplex

...Is that enough players to get started? i suspect it probably is, but that's not my call to make.

Also, do we Autobots have a leader?

Oh, we have Rodimus and Arcee, too, i think... but only in backstory; i don't think anybody's playing those characters yet. Hey, TT--how many (and which) Autobots knew that Rodimus and Arcee were actually on the Autobots' side? Do all the Autobots know now that Rodimus and Arcee are Autobots? (Maybe, like some depictions of G1 Jetfire and G1 Mirage, they're loyal to the Autobots, but not all of the Autobots completely believe that...)

i was going to guess that "Shattered Plastic" Rodimus might lead the Autobots, like G1 Rodimus, but how much of a leader could he be if he's been undercover pretending to be the enemy for however long? At the very least, if he were the leader, he would have left someone to lead the Autobots while he was away. Plus, if he were the Autobot leader, how did he ever fool the Decepticons into thinking he was a 'Con himself?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Ok, here goes:

Minerva-

Decepticon chief medic, respected and feared by Decepticons and Autobots alike.
She is cold, calculating and cruel and nearly as skilled on the battlefield as in her work. Armed with two incapacitating shock blasters and a shock gun, she follows Cambreaker loyally into battle.
Despite her disgust for the Autobots, Minerva has been known to take prisoners and keep them alive while performing various experiments – all to find new, better and more efficient ways to rid the universe from the plague called Autobots.

Minervas alt mode is a black Porsche 959, slightly altered to better accommodate her to driving in rough terrain.