S'Plastic: Kaon (missile bay SW11-38)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

S'Plastic: Kaon (missile bay SW11-38)

Post by Rhymus »

Time Traveller wrote:After the heroic Autobots had finally crushed the Decepticon presence off of Cybertron by planting the heroic double spies Rodimus and Arcee among their ranks, the Decepticons took to Cambreaker's Pirate flagship, the Netherspite. Traveling through space, they rebuilt their forces by raiding inhabited colonies of other worlds, killing the natives and plundering all the supplies they needed.

Having previously destroyed Iacon by orbital bombardment to prevent Autobots utilizing the city, the Decepticons returned to the scarred blast crater and began to execute vicious raids, operating from the docked Netherspite in absence of any standing ruins. While the Autobots grieved the loss of their capital, they took up defense in the fortress city of Kaon while Cambreaker attempted to ablate it by bombardment. Only the timely interference of a powerful and benevolent benefactor saved the city from the assault, and now the Decepticons prepare for another merciless assault, gathering their strength in arms at the Netherspite over former Iacon...
Meanwhile, back in Kaon, the diminutive Megaplex and a few other Autobots form one of the crews trying to repair what damage the Decepticons did manage to do. If--or more likely, when--the Decepticons return, the fortress city and everyone within will fare better if its weakened armor is reinforced or replaced, and if its damaged defense systems (namely sensor nets and weapons emplacements) are restored as closely as possible to optimal performance levels.

Missile bay SW11-38 ((missile bay #38 of South-West building 11)) was one of the hardest hit; much more bombardment in this area and the Decepticons' weapons might have not only destroyed the missile launchers, but also might have detonated one or more of the unfired missiles in the launcher magazines, setting off the entire stockpile.

As it is, most of the launchers at this location are irreparably destroyed, as are some of the computers that gunners would use to aim and fire their missiles. Several of those computers had actually exploded along with the launchers they controlled; a few small flames still flicker from a number of those ruptured consoles and display screens. Since those computers are ruined anyway, Megaplex doesn't hesitate to begin dousing the flames with the hydro cannon attached to his right arm. One of the others, carrying a portable firefighting device, smothers the flames of computers on the other side of the room with hissing bursts of foam.

Behind him, Megaplex hears the other Autobots debating whether to try repairing the few salvageable launchers, maybe transferring a few intact launchers from other emplacements to this one, or else writing SW11-38 off as a loss and using its supply of missiles to restock launchers elsewhere. Megaplex doesn't say anything. He doesn't like the idea of leaving SW11-38 as a weak spot in Kaon's defenses--even if it does normally have overlapping fields of fire with other nearby weapons stations--but he doesn't think the Autobots should risk taking the time to fix the remaining launchers here. If the Decepticons were to return with SW11-38 still out of commission, the attackers might overlook it as a weakness in Kaon's defenses. However, if the remaining launchers here were repaired and active when the Decepticons attacked, the Decepticons would target it just like any other weapons emplacement--but even if supplemented with launchers relocated from other weapons platforms, SW11-38 would be sufficiently below its ordinary fighting strength that anyone posted here would be in even greater danger than gunners usually are. Still, Megaplex decides to let his more experienced teammates make that decision.

As Megaplex tenses himself to leap over to the last burning computer, he hears somebody calling his name.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Slingshot had been at Kaon for about one earth week. He had ditched his locator beacon on a nearby uninhabited planet as he knew Blackbolt would be looking for him.
Today, with all the repairs going on, was the first time he'd been allowed to move freely about the base. He understood though, as he had personally inflicted damage upon many of them during the war. He had been thoroughly scanned and all weapons taken. And now had been set to the task of weapons repair. It was much more like a salvage mission. If slingshot knew anything aside from flying it was a weapons console's motherboard.
For some reason he had looked up and saw a small transformer who was under a falling sheild panel. He knew this bot, he was one of the few who stood up for him and had helped him talk his way into Kaon. He yelled, hoping he was not too late. "MEGAPLEX!"
"lookout!"
He transformed and used his speed and his fuselage to deflect the large piece of shielding.
Last edited by Silverbolt on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Megaplex barely has time to figure out the reason for Slingshot's urgent warning before the former Decepticon jet is using his own body to save the tiny Autobot--shielding him from the shielding, ironically.

"Slag but that was close!" Megaplex exclaims. "Thanks, Slingshot! Are you all right?"

Megaplex crawls out from under the jet and the collapsed shield panel and glances at the other Autobots. "Help me get this slab off of him!" he orders with uncharacteristic harshness. Then, using a high-pressure blast from his hydro cannon to give himself a boost onto Slingshot's back, he proceeds to shove ineffectually at the hefty section of shielding. He considers using a super-pressurized stream from his hydro cannon to slice the armor plate into more manageably sized pieces, but suspects he'd be more likely to damage Slingshot than the heavy shielding.

As the others move to assist, Megaplex says, "I told you he was one of us, didn't I? A Decepticon never would have put himself at risk to protect a comrade, especially if he was only pretending we were comrades. If Slingshot were just a 'Con trying to con us, he would have let that thing crush me and pretended that he just wasn't fast enough, or that he didn't notice I was in trouble."

Megaplex stops ranting to address his rescuer again. "How are you feeling, Slingshot? Anything feel damaged or broken, or do you think you'll be okay if we can just get this thing off you?"
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

" I was able to Vector my thrust downward enough, but I am stuck solid and will need time in the CR chamber, you okay Plexi?"

Slingshot groaned as the Autobots walked up and rather begrudgingly freed him from the wreckage.
he tried to transform but it wasn't working.

"looks like you'll have to wheel me to the repair bay"

he caught a glimpse of Thundercracker. He and the Autobot had a history and it was recent and not pretty...

"hey Cracker, I'll give you a rematch in the form of a friendly race if you'll roll me to the CR bay"

Slingshot was trying, and with the exception of Megaplex, nothing seemed to be making him any headway. "maybe I can't undo what I've done..."
he thought... "but I can do my best from here out."
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

"I'm fine, Slingshot," Megaplex says. "You took care of that. Now go take care of yourself." He looks at the others impatiently, waiting for someone to help Slingshot get to the closest repair center and silently cursing himself for not being big enough or strong enough to do it himself.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

"All right," Thundercracker replies. He walks over and pushes Slingshot toward the nearest CR chamber.

"So, what has been going on?"
The Dark is Coming
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

"A lot, actually, but then again I haven't been the victim of a mass bombing lately..."
Realizing this might not be appropriate humor he quickly changed the subject.

"after we last met..."
Sling pauses remembering the perfect shot he had gotten in on TC in their last encounter.

"Bolt got us caught up in a major scuffle on a nearby planet, he's a nasty bar brawler." He paused again, realizing he was rambling. "Anyway I had my life saved by a young girl, a beastformer named Aeriella... this was my turning point what I felt for her when she paid me that small act of kindness... it turned me around."

it was also a feeling that made him understand the friendship between Thundercraker and Starscream... a relationship that had always made him jealous. All he seemed to have with Blackbolt was a stream of abuse and insults. Hell, he was jealous of their awesome seeker high-heel legs and sheer speed as well.

"What about you, any great revalations? I may need something else to ponder. I may be in the tank quite a while"
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

A mech wearing a long white labcoat that was slightly charred at the edges was walking around with a large object slung over his back. He held a device that was linked to it and was zapping and then reconstituting the chunks of rubble that still lay in the area {when they were reconstituted they were reconfigured into something more useful.}. Autobot Darkshock was a plain silver mech underneath the lab coat he almost always wore and this was clearly visible because his faceplate and forearms/hands were always visible.

Below the missile room autobot deszaras {who looks like the legend of Da garn red geist recolour of TF victory Deszaras} sat behind his desk in the fallout bunker he had adopted as his office. He could only sigh at the reports coming in meaning the situation wasn't getting any better.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

"I have found evidence that organic life exists or has existed in the universe. It is... amazing, really. Something that doesn't rely on metal or circuitry is actually possible. Starscream was very excited." Thundercracker smiles, excited at the prospect of actually finding such a being.
The Dark is Coming
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

((
[EDIT]

Thundercracker takes Slingshot to the closest repair bay in this thread.

[/EDIT]
))

Megaplex activates his communicator and keys it to contact Deszaras. When the comm indicates that the signal is reaching Deszaras, Megaplex speaks. "Deszaras? Megaplex. I thought you should know that Red Team is minus two--Slingshot was damaged protecting me from a falling shield panel and Thundercracker is taking him in to spend some time in a CR chamber.

"South-West Eleven Thirty-eight is a loss. A few salvageable launchers, but even if we fixed them up and brought in a few more from other positions, the armor here is collapsing in on itself--it's more likely to hurt anyone stationed here than protect them from enemy fire. We'll try to brace the walls and ceiling here long enough for us to clear out the missile stockpile and any launchers worth keeping, but after that the best thing for this section would probably be to just close off the blast doors and leave this room sealed. Whoever gets assigned to the closest weapons emplacements to this position should be informed that they'll need to compensate for Eleven Thirty-eight being out of the picture.

"Once we get the missiles and launchers out of here, is there any particular battle station where we should transfer them?"
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Deszaras listened to the com and studied the data he had on the base.

"Megaplex, South west twelve seventeen has suffered minor damage, salvage the launchers and munitions that can still be used. Leave the others." Deszaras says calmly. He switches his com frequency. "Darkshock. Once Megaplex has cleared the area of everything valuable use what's left to set up a remotely operated trap. We don't know when the next attack will come but we must work to use the decepticons overeagerness against them."

Darkshock paused in his work and subspaced the reconstitution equipment after receiving his new orders. Moving over to a rack of missiles, most of which had been damaged beyond use he starts removing the warheads from them.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

TLD and Jazz entered into the surrounding area.

Alright, Jazz. Let us examine our surroundings, then we shall strike as unnoticed as possible. There is an important computer module inside my master requires.

They watched the various Autobots scurrying around the bombed out missile bay, waiting for the right moment to slip indoors.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

While the rest of Red Team works at moving out the salvageable missiles and launchers, Megaplex notices Darkshock doing something with a rack of missiles the team had previously categorized as unusable. The tiny Transformer crosses over to the mech in the lab coat. "Hey," Megaplex says by way of greeting. "What are you working on? I thought we figured these missiles were too damaged to be any good." He sees now that Darkshock is removing the missiles' warheads. "You know, I can't help the others move those big, heavy missiles and launchers, but I'm small enough to take apart one of these missiles from the inside. I don't know what you're doing, but if you fill me in on what you have in mind, maybe I can help you."
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Far below SW11-38, at the ground level of SW11, Silver Team's Shockwave is on his way to retrieve a MechGuffin from Team Indigo when he passes a viewport and thinks he catches a glimpse of...

"Decepticons!" He rushes to the nearest emergency alarm/comm station and sets the "enemy alert" sirens to blaring. Then, using the tips of his electromagnetic spectro-guns to peck at the keypad, he enters a command to access and activate as many of Kaon's functional loudspeakers as the comm station can reach, and sends a quick broadcast: "Decepticons sighted outside South-West Eleven!" He sets the message to replay continuously, then returns to the viewport, blasts it, and flings a spray of Earthling audio cassettes through the opening. Jumping through after them, he starts running in the direction of the Decepticons he saw, shouting, "I, Galvatron, will crush you just as Megatron crushed Prime! Galvanize!"

On this particular occasion, Shockwave's attempted transformation looks the same as the one he usually uses when he calls himself "Shackwave". Aside from his proper car mode and robot mode, it's actually one of his more useful configurations. Although not actually a gun or a cannon like he seems to think he is, holding his body in this position does allow him to point both of his powerful spectro-guns at a target. Shockwave opens fire.

((Although Shockwave thinks he has spotted Decepticons here, he may or may not have spotted The Last Decepticon and Jazz, depending on how the forum users playing those characters want the game to go. Maybe Shockwave got lucky and happened to notice TLD and Jazz despite their attempts to go unnoticed; or maybe TLD and Jazz aren't the only Decepticons on the scene, and Shockwave saw some of the others; or maybe Shockwave didn't actually see any Decepticons at all, just something he mistook for Decepticons, such as rubble, or shadows, or even a few of his fellow Autobots. If Shockwave is NOT currently shooting at TLD and Jazz, i wonder if they'll consider the job of sneaking in more difficult now that the Autobots are on the alert, or if TLD and Jazz will take advantage of the fact that Shockwave has the Autobots looking in slightly the wrong direction.))
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Deszaras sighs as the alarm flashes over his command screen.

"External defensive turrets. online" He says calmly activating the weapons from his chair. He wasn't going to take any chances even if the alarm was sounded by Shockwave who was known to overreact.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Clad in his stolen and modified Headmaster-ish exo-suit but currently without a Transtector, 12-year-old Dan Witwicky waits in concealment outside Kaon's building SW11. By hacking Kaon's communications network and impersonating Deszaras's voice, Dan has summoned the diminutive Autobot medic Scalpel to Vault Gamma 2, just outside SW11, close to Dan's current position. Once Dan has Scalpel alone in the vault, Dan intends to trap the tiny Transformer there, where no help can come while Dan begins a new series of experiments with mind control. (Dan has already become skilled with a form of mind control, but presently depends upon being able to physically plug his suit into a neck wound of the Transformer he wants to control. It isn't always easy, which is why he prefers to kill and decapitate the Transformer completely, effectively letting him use the body as a Transtector. However, recent experiences have led him to believe he can learn to remote control minds without any physical contact, but until he's more familiar with that skill he wants to start with small test subjects that he can physically defeat if he can't mentally control them--thus, the ambush intended for Scalpel.)

Dan's waiting is interrupted by the arrival of The Last Decepticon and Jazz, although Dan does not know who they are. The duo does not notice Dan, owing to his small size and his already being in hiding, but he notices them, especially when they choose the same cover to hide behind that he's using.

The Last Decepticon is the largest individual Transformer Dan has ever seen; Dan decides he must have it for a Transtector. With just his exo-suit, though, Dan is unsure if he could take on such a massive opponent. All right, then, he tells himself. I'll take control of the car robot first, and use that one to boost my size, strength, and firepower enough to take on--and take over--this Ultimate Warrior...

However, as Dan leaps at Jazz, Dan also unknowingly reveals himself to another opponent: the ghost of his own father, Spyke, whom Dan murdered to get his exo-suit. Spyke's ghost, bent on revenge, has been tracking Dan, building himself a new body he calls "X" made from pieces of Dan's many victims. Spyke tracked Dan to this area at the outskirts of Kaon, but could not pinpoint Dan's exact location until Dan revealed himself by attacking Jazz. Once Spyke spotted Dan, Spyke forgot all about Jazz and The Last Decepticon, seeing only Dan and launching a hail of energy blasts in Dan's general direction--although with Spyke's shots being as imprecise as they are, the Decepticons are likely in the line of fire, too.

Shockwave, on his way to fetch the MechGuffin, catches movement at the periphery of his vision when Dan attacks Jazz, and Shockwave focuses his attention on that area just in time to see X attacking Dan. Only Shockwave can't see Dan, so what Shockwave believes he sees is X attacking Kaon. Shockwave sounds the alarm and then rushes out to do battle himself.

Deszaras responds to the Shockwave's alert by activating automated external defense turrets, unaware that the diagnostics reporting those turrets operational are faulty. Those turrets are about to prove just how damaged they really are.

Turret 246871 fails to respond at all.

Turret 246872 fails to deploy, but begins powering up, only without the turret being deployed, the weapon won't fire, so the power builds up more and more until the weapon simply detonates itself.

Turret 246873 deploys properly and begins tracking for targets, and opens fire; but then turret 246874 deploys and incorrectly identifies turret 246873 as an enemy and blasts it to bits.

Turret 246875 deploys and seeks a target, seems to find something every now and then, but its power relays are damaged and its usually powerful energy cannon throws only harmless sparks.

Turret 246876 deploys and starts looking for targets, but its scanners seem to be having some trouble.

Turret 246877 deploys, but refuses to re-aim itself, so that its intermittent salvos all track along the same unchanging line of fire.

Turret 246878 fails to deploy.

Turret 246879 deploys and sets its sights on Shockwave...
Last edited by Rhymus on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

A low whirring floated through the air to The Last Decepticon. He looked over and saw a grey turret spinning around. He ducked back behind a rock. He stepped out and a beam of energy shot from his forehead, dismantling the turret. He walked past it and continued to observe the premises.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

"Pesky Fleshling!" Jazz seethed as he scooped up the human and threw him clear across the area.

He pulls out his Ion Pistol to take down a turret, then remembers to stay qiet. He curses, then hops up into the air, grabs onto the turrets and places a small disc on the top. The disc glows a dull red and shorts out the turret. Jazz hops down and catches up to TLD.

"Ok, things might start to get hairy." The two take cover.

"Ah, see that building over there? Thats our best bet. Wait here until the Autobots and turrets clear out and then make our strike."

TLD's optics zoom in at the main building, and nods.

"No other turrets detected you did they?"

"No, but that annoying human saw us both and pulled some wierd clawing thing on me, like he was trying to crack me open and get inside me, and its only a matter of time before the whole place is after us."

Jazz leaves the part out about the "ghost" that made the puny human jump off him. No need for silly details.

Jazz and TLD share a look of "Aw nuts!"

"Ok big 'bot, this is the plan. I'll zoom around to distract them while you go get what we came for. They won't be able to catch me and won't be able to hurt you."

TLD starts to stand.

"Agreed. I'll send the signal when its time to retreat."

And with that Jazz transforms into his sleek speedster mode and barrels out from behind cover, music blasting from his speakers.

TLD prepares to make his move.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Thundercracker races to the control room. "What on Cybertron..." he wonders aloud, not knowing of the danger that is encroaching upon the city. He hears weaponsfire, but does not know if it is the turrets or Decepticons. At last, he reaches the control room.

The doors slide apart as he approaches, acknowledging his Autobot allegiance. "Dez," he calls, "what's going on?"
The Dark is Coming
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Deszaras sighs as the readouts come back from the turrets.

"The damage was more extensive than I had feared. The defensive weapons are either broken or malfunctioning and most of the base remains dark as I have had to activate the safety shut off circuitry in order to avoid making this entire place into a large thermobaric detonator. Which plays into the contingency plan in case we have to abandon this base." Deszaras calmly replies to Thundercracker. "I have sent our stealth based units to check on the condition of our hidden escape passages and Shockwave has activated one of the external alarms."