OOC: Intact Plastic (the non-S'Plastic RP)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Hey, this might be a silly question, but do we have a tense that we're all trying to write in inside the RP? I tend to write in past tense and I see that occasionally, but I see a lot of present tense in the posts, so I wasn't sure if we were writing in present or past or both.

I'm not referring to when someone is actually speaking about past events or other times when past tense is obviously necessary, but instead referring to the entire narrative.

Ex:
Present: "Redline runs toward the building, grabbing a pipe as she goes. She swings it in a grandiose arc motion and lays a swift blow on the door handle, knocking it clean off."
Past: "Redline ran toward the building, grabbing a pipe as she went. She swung it in a grandiose arc motion and laid a swift blow on the door handle, knocking it clean off."
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I usually post in the present tense
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I try to post in present, but it's kind of personal preference/posting style, much like how people format the font of their actions vs. dialogue.

STARS:

Whoa! whoa, whoa. It's a forum RPG, people come and go all the time, and we only occasionally bother to retcon for absences. There's no need to patch over every detail... it's usually tangled enough. I'd say Deuce and Skywarp had a chat, but Deuce would not have tipped his hand at all... If he wasn't good at keeping secrets, they'd all be dead. I imagine, Deuce would try to glean 'Con motives, perhaps cueing Pinstripe to inquire about the power of the 'Con spark they had in custody. Any impressions of the inner workings of the Licisians would have only been made when the situation boiled over.

On the Robo-Smasher:
I can't say I'm interested. The Autobots have a very tenuous team dynamic, and a lot of player-agreed subplots would also be smashed. When you're talking loss-of-will powers on a player character, it gets very iffy. Besides, you 'cons should be able to home-grow a few loyal seekers :P Be careful not to grow an army full of different-series faction leaders though, that never works well.

Time-Traveling:
I played a character based around this. It was very, very unbalancing to the game, and he was portrayed as one of the original thirteen to have this power. I swapped him out for Cambreaker because I realized he could do whatever he wanted (ie step into another time and place, meet himself there, repair the first, and then step back into time a split second later)...fine for driving plot-based battles or adventures, but poor for competing against other characters (could develop a few hard feelings). Other time travel in this game has been largely accidental, non-re-creatable: transwarp explosions, gods dying, ghost sparks (starscream) drifting between continuities.... It's not really feasible to have cross-universal gangs or anyone who can step out of time when in dire need. If Racerblade and his team were to arrive in the past via a device in his own time, and forgo further time traveling ability, that'd be alright.

Suggestion to any new Decepticons accepting the aforementioned offer to join (which of course stands at all times):

Fight as a team. I know 'cons have a tendency to agendas other than their leader's, but in the past there have come to be so many independent agendas that the Autobots had no problem beating the 'Cons just by dividing and conquering, or simpler yet, wait for them to turn against each other.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

When I use Scourge, I will speak in Black Bold to indicate that I am speaking locally.

I will use Black Italics w/Bold to indicate that I am speaking over a radio frequency.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Okay okay okay okay okay

There was a lot and I mean A LOT that went down in the roleplay this weekend. Now we need to get back on track. To that end I shall answer to the best of my knowledge/opinion the questions posed here. Good to have you back STARS and I'm glad you have ideas.

Blackjack's Fate: No, he's not dead. I'd been building up to this and I mentioned that he was rushing into battle injured and he knew it. I've got a plan for the character which I'd discussed with Minerva which required Blackjack to become 'clinging to life' as a result of the current situation. Unfortunately things got rather out of hand. Still I'm quite pleased with the interplay between the rebirth of Galvatron and the apparent loss of yet another Autobot leader.

Wreck-Gar's Fate: I certainly hope this was planned out Galvy, because it looks really unfair. As I have yet to hear anything from Wreck-Gar the player I'll assume he will just get rebuilt unless he doesn't want to play that character or take part in the roleplay anymore. If not we may have to retcon this part as I feel bad for Wreck-Gar.

Fewer 'Bots and More 'Cons: As much as I would like to see more Decepticon players in the roleplay I'm not sure I like the Robo Smasher idea. There are a few of us now who are playing mulitple characters just to balance the sides, but I really don't feel that there is need for the Robo Smasher to make an appearance. The sides are currently thus:

Autobot: Rattrap, Dinobot, Redline, Minerva, Sideways, Blackjack (temporarily incapacitated), Wreck-Gar (dead?), Makeway (temp incap), The Last Autobot (maybe?), Jazz (missing), the A-Team (temporally dispalaced)

Deceptiocn: Galvatron, Inferno, Scourge, Dirge (temp incap), Blitzwing (temp incap), Solder (missing), Skywarp (missing).

And the Destron Space Mafia: Pinstripe, Chopper, Deuce, Fleetside, Tux, Driveby. They are a wildcard.

The Autobots are not significantly stronger than the Decepticons at this time. Of course there are a significant number of Decepticons who are secondary/temporary characters. I intend to play Inferno until his role has ended. That said I would like to get more players involved in EITHER faction.

'Cons From the Future: I really like this idea as it ties in to an overarching plot I have in mind for the roleplay. I hope that you can get several forum members to play these parts as it would be a good way to get more people invovled. However I would encourage you to allow new players to make their own character instead of forcing them to play one of the characters you've created as a part of Racerblade's group.

Tense of Roleplay: I ususally post in past tense but slip into present tense more than I would like. Most of my writing is what is going on inside of Blackjack (or another character's) head and thus it is commenting on what has already happened. So to answer the question, no there isn't a 'required' tense of writing so long as the other players can understand what you're saying.

Army of Different Series Faction Leaders: Awwww, I really enjoyed that.

Time-Travelling: I am creating the "history" of the TFL roleplay in part so that we can make future roleplay plots and subplots that involve events that have occured in the past. I never thought of TT as a 'broken' character and his intervention was quite necessary in some instances. But I would encourage time travelling to be kept to a minimum.

Roleplay Plot Ideas: As long as we are planning for the future, I might as well tip my hand a little. These are just my ideas and suggestions and I really enjoy it when things happen that I never imagined. The latest development in K.I.D. was an example of this. We assumed we'd just go in and rescue Minerva and get one with our lives, but several other Decepticons showed up and suddenly we've got an all out war on our hands. Fantastic.

That said here's what I have in mind. The Autobots need to regroup and repair. I will communicate to others about my plan for Blackjack. Galvatron is back and soon the Decepticons will be up to full power. The Autobots need a leader and Blackjack needs his friend. So I intend to have Blackjack want to get into the Nighteye and go search for Cambreaker. I have discussed with TT about Cambreaker's whereabouts so it should be an interesting ride. Meanwhile I was hoping that Galvatron's hatred of Cambreaker would lead him to discover that the Autobot's former leader is missing and desire to find him first so that he can destroy him once and for all.

During all of this searching we enter the "threat to both factions". This would be an unidentified force/being that threatens to destroy both factions unless they unite. Haven't thought much about this part of the plot yet as it would be a long time coming (kind of like forever). We first need to regroup as factions and figure out what our next moves are. Just wanted to mention that I have this in mind. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't I'm sure that's because sometime far more interesting has occured.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT GOD. I don't have end all, be all powers over everything that happens in this roleplay. I have mod powers yes, but I don't like to use them nor should I have to. I appreciate how much everyone here is getting along and this roleplay is well on it's way to become great again. I just wanted you all to know that I don't have to be a part of every decision that goes on here. Feel free to run stuff by me, I'm always interested. But also feel free to plot and scheme with one another, which is what I'm sure some of you are already doing. Lastly I have discussed the idea of bringing back "TFL Skype Chat" with TT and would enjoy doing that. We could even use that time for planning roleplay ideas. Just a thought.
Last edited by Blackjack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Good to hear from you Blackjack, you had me worried for a couple of days. Glad to see your character is not dead-dead. I miss those Sunday afternoon skype sessions. I know I see TT, Redline, and Minerva logged on most evenings, it would be nice to see more names added to that list.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

having said that ...

looking back in the RPG ... a certain conehead knows where the spite is floating in space :twisted: so that could be a good starting point :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sorry, Dirgey, it was moving when you bailed. I almost thought it was in transwarp space, but either way, it's not there anymore. Sorry, try again later! :lol:
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

:shock:

drat ... drat and double drat :lol:
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

If it's in transwarp space, it had to have left behind some sort of signature before it jumped.. Perhaps we can follow it.

I do like this idea of both factions having to unite to fight a higher power - perhaps Unicron? That also could lead the way for Sideways' fear to be realized again - taken hostage again by his former master and forced to serve him.. maybe a rescue operation, or a decision to end Sideways once and for all and bring a new character into the mix?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm afraid we've defeated Unicron like three times in this continuity, plus it's solely up to Matrix McGuffin to do that adventure again.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

[struggles to decide what to post for everyone to see, and what to send to whom as private messages]

Thank you, Redline, for caring about verb tense consistency. i wish more people did. By the way, welcome back to the forums and the RP, Redline and Rattrap--i think you left the game long before i joined, but i think this'll be fun.

But getting back to the verb tenses, i long ago learned that in a role playing game like this, people are far more interested in the story being good than the grammar. And you know what? i think they're right. A good story is more important than getting the grammar precisely correct. As long as people understand what's going on and when, the story can progress.

Now time travel is going to do interesting things to our verb tenses. There's a scene in a book i like where a wizard returns from travelling back in time to undo something that happened, and later struggles to find the words to describe the change: "Potentially recent? Except I think we made it so it can't happen anymore. Formerly recent...?"

i've already encountered some difficulty with my verbs trying to describe--just to myself, because i haven't posted it for all of you yet--what happened (in the past) to Racerblade but is still the (potential) future for the majority of this game's characters.

By the way, i never meant for Racerblade's group to be able to take advantage of time travel repeatedly. They only planned to make one trip (one-way or round trip, depending)--come back, retrieve the weapon, and either use it to bring about Decepticon victory (staying in their past/our present) or else give it to Decepticons they trust to win the war and return themselves to a "corrected" future where the Decepticons have already won. Only i wouldn't let things go according to what Racerblade had planned, and Racerblade's group would stay in this time period continually trying to achieve their original objective, while the Autobots might discover that Racerblade's group had displaced the A-Team into Limbo and would then try to send Racerblade's group back to the future in order to rescue the A-Team.

If we want to play this game without time travel, i have another idea for what could have happened to the A-Team: along the route Dinobot suggested, the A-Team encountered a lone Decepticon, a petty thief named Revoltech. Revoltech had stolen something from Solder's lab, something Revoltech believed to be a weapon, and when he used it on the Junkions it seemed to vaporize them, but in actuality the device was a kind of portable space bridge access, and every Junkion Revoltech shot was teleported to Earth. Or maybe Nebulos, or Monacus, or... who knows where. Wherever the plot seems like it'll be most interesting. Except the Ætherspite; that'd be too easy.

If we do time travel... of course ANYONE is welcome to join the RP at any time as a member of whatever faction*--but ONLY five player characters can join as members of Racerblade's team of time travellers. That's just the way mass-substitution time machines work--six Junkions, six time travellers, and if one of the time travellers is Racerblade, that leaves five. And they couldn't come with Racerblade unless they came from the same point in time (and the same timeline), and Racerblade would not bring them along unless they were Decepticons.

*FACTIONS
1.0) Autobot
1.1) Maximal (Dinobot, Rattrap)
2.0) Decepticon
2.1) Predacon (Inferno)
3.0? or 2.2?) Pinstripe's gang, the Destron Space Mafia ((any relation to the canon Space Mafia? i've been meaning to ask that...))
4.0, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 98930.0, etc.) various flesh creatures, subdivided into their own factions (Nebulans, Cobra, Republicans, Democrats, Machination, Avengers, N.E.S.T., etc.)

Not that i'm necessarily planning to do this, but TT, how open are you to the idea of other players playing members of Pinstripe's gang? If someone wanted to take responsibility for playing Chopper or Moonshine, for example, or add original characters to the gang, like Speakeasy or Hangover.

ideas for A THREAT TO BOTH FACTIONS and probably to Pinstripe's gang, too:

Whatever it is, what if it/they find Cambreaker (or at least the Ætherspite) before anyone else does?

Long ago, TT and i started an RP on AIM that ended with a cliffhanger: multiple Unicrons approaching [where were we, a space station? Yeah, Grand Central Station, i think we said]. i forget how many Unicrons we had, but i imagined them looking slightly different (for example, one resembling TFTM Unicron and one resembling Armada Unicron), yet all unmistakably Unicron. TT's character in that game wondered aloud what was going on, and my characters (Fluxx the unable-to-time-travel Back to the Future DeLorean time machine lookalike and Null the young Human female) worriedly replied that "Alpha 3 said you would know." TT's character speculated that all the Unicrons from past, present, future, and alternate realities were converging somehow, and that the Autobots and Decepticons would have to join forces in order to survive whatever was coming. i had to log out then, and we never managed to reconnect to continue that game, but i've been saving another bombshell that i thought up to drop on that story: After everyone had a chance to panic and attempt to prepare for battle against the Unicrons, i thought i'd give everyone something to confuse and frighten them even more... when the Unicrons wordlessly took up defensive positions, protecting the Transformers from an unknown aggressor...

Of course, Unicron is a multiversal singularity or whatever now, so there can't be more than one of him--but maybe if one or more of the Unicrons were merely Unicron lookalikes... an artificial Unicron built by Primacron, or the gestalt form of all the Mini-Cons, things like that?

Then again, my hypothetical multiple fake Unicrons would merely be mistaken for a threat, when the actual threat would be whatever the Unicrons are guarding the Transformers against.

One idea i have for the threat to all TFs regardless of faction is... Well, back when i was planning to use it for a fanfic of the G1 cartoon, the teaser-synopsis i thought up was, "Two questions: 1) What did Teletraan-1 scan to create Cosmos's disguise mode? and 2) What if they came back?" Basically, the idea is that Teletraan-1 scanned a flying saucer for Cosmos to use as a disguise on Earth, unaware that flying saucers aren't from Earth; the beings who sent the flying saucer are looking for planets to plunder, but when the flying saucer's crew detected that their ship was being scanned, they interpreted the fact that it was being scanned as a threat, and chose a tactical retreat--but, from concealment, they investigated who/what scanned them (ultimately, the TFs) and studied the TFs to determine how to eliminate them as a threat. The beings on the flying saucer come from a culture that regards projectiles and other ranged weapons (like lasers) as dishonorable; instead, they use armor (for their bodies and their vehicles) designed for tactics like ramming.

i have more to say, but i have to go now, so... more later?

What's this "TFL Skype Chat" of which you speak? like instant messaging or some such?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

When Blackjack mentioned "TFL Skype chat" he was referring to when a handful of TFL members used to get together on Skype and chat.
It was lots of fun, and I'd gladly do it again! :)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I would gladly do it again too.. I am sideways02 for any of you who do not have me on skype.
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Fear not for me my friends. I asked Galvatron to kill me. Therefore it's all fair. Thanks for the thoughts.

This concludes our broadcast. Tune in next week when you'll hear Galvatron say.... "excellent"
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Ok - here's an update for my profile with my new Delorean Alt mode

0 - 60 in 3 seconds
0 - 100 in 9 seconds
Max Speed is 207 MPH

Sideways will probably never have the chance to make it to 207.. I'm gonna say the highest he's ever made it was 204..
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You are a veritable fountain of ideas, my friend. To answer your comments in the order i think of them:

I'm all for player characters joining the DSM, in fact, Pinstripe's original plan was to try to conscript the Decepticons: either they'd have to become strong enough to stand up to his racket, or just join in under his command. The DSM is not a permanent institution, so any player characters could eventually transfer to the Decepticons proper. Also, I like Speakeasy and Hangover. I imagine Speakeasy is a spy or an assassin?

Also, to be clear, the DSM are faction 3.0. Check the information I posted in the Decepticon (read: antagonist) Roster thread. Their name is indeed a reference to the canon Mafia, which doesn't actually exist, since the intent of the crossformers was to have them as GANGsters (like, gangbangers) not MOBsters (like, organized crime). Also, the DSM is modeled after both prohibition American gangs AND Italian mafia. And they don't call themselves DSM, that's a false moniker given by Autobots who aren't quite sure how they fit in to the grand faction scheme. Amongst themselves, Pinstripe calls them Autobots (see their first posts in the RP proper), since that's what theywere. In public, they seek very generic euphemisms (our organization, our thing, etc.)
Be aware, their activity will become minimal in the next week, and for two weeks following, see the post I'll make after this in Gen. Disc.

Racerblade: whatever works. I would prefer the plot where they intend to come and make a new future containing them (since we are using the multiple worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics) where they win with this secret hidden weapon, so that we don't have to McGuffin a time machine.

Cosmos' aliens coming back: I always assumed he was in a still-cybertronian mode, but this is a VERY interesting concept. I think it would be best explored when we have a full cast.

Here's my thought: let's get the factions back in order, gear up with some character development, and hopefully welcome a swath of new players, and, once we have some continuity of posting and some momentum, play through some of these grander adventures/ greater conflicts. I just would like to see things level out a bit before we take on more large plot arcs, especially so it is easier for new players to join up, without having to explain the various schemes that are simultaneously occurring, and then take everyone on a wild ride worthy of Blackjack's excellent summary thread. So, I guess I would vote that you bring in Racerblade or whichever character you'll choose to play for a while have some interaction with the locals, and recruit all your friends from work or other boards, and we'll take it from there.

Thoughts, everyone?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

My thoughts:

Racerblade: I am also a fan of the idea of them having coming back to find a weapon and change their future by helping the Decepticons then getting stuck in the past/present. However if you're expecting us to care about the A-Team, we won't. They weren't around long enough nor did they interact much with anyone so I don't think Blackjack or anyone else is going to care enough to want to find out what happened to them. Plus we've got a newly reinvigorated Decepticon force to worry about.

Cosmos Aliens: Not a fan of this idea myself since I never liked Cosmos as a character, nor what he looked like. I also never liked any of the G1 plots where a group of flesh creatures defeated the Transformers. Somehow I don't think that any flesh creatures could pose enough of a threat for Galvatron and Cambreaker to work together.

Multiple Unicrons: I like this idea except for the fact that the Unicron arc has been beaten to death in this roleplay. And for Primus's sake, we're not bringing that stupid Primacron thing into this roleplay if I have anything to say about it. Unicron is one of the original deities of the Transformer race, he wasn't built by some squirrel/fish/monkey thing. Also the TFs were created by Primus not the stupid Quintessons. Stupid G1 season 3.

The bottom line is that I agree that we should spend some time just doing character development, faction recovery stuff. I'm not saying there can't be action. It's obvious that the Autobots are weakened, maybe the Decepticons think it's a good time to strike. I certainly hope we can garner some new membership for this thing because it is a beautiful monster. Let us build a glorious roleplay the way it was meant to be.[/u][/b]
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

threat to both factions: not now
We'll deal with that when we get there. You're right, first we need to focus on the characters/cast, getting them all functional, and settling them into allegiances and alliances that we players understand (even if our characters might not).

Since we're focusing on the present more than the future, i think the story arc i developed for Racerblade's team should be shelved for now, although A) i welcome discussion, suggestions, private messages, or whatever from anyone interested in the future Racerblade comes from, or interested in being part of future Racerblade's team if that plot does come into play; B) although i imagined Racerblade coming from the future, he remembers his past, which is the present for all the rest of our characters--which means there is a younger version of Racerblade already in the present somewhere (kind of like the RP used to have Megatron and Galvatron running around together), and i reserve the right to use present-day Racerblade in the RP, with or without future Racerblade getting involved.

Iacon vs. outsiders
Before my unexpected absence, i was going to say that Blackjack's faith in Makeway because of Makeway's experience from working with Wheeljack sounded like my cue to blow up Iacon. i thought i was joking.

Sideways, i'm sorry for singling out Scourge as the only target Iacon seems to have a chance of hitting, but i didn't want to contradict any of the other players' posts, and all of them said their characters reached Iacon safely. Only you gave me the leeway to possibly hurt your character; i tried to return the favor by leaving it up to you how close Iacon comes to damaging/destroying Scourge, and how difficult it is for Scourge to avoid being damaged/destroyed by Iacon's defenses. i had an idea for Thundergun to try to make contact with Scourge, but i'm not sure if/how Thundergun would see through Scourge's disguise--unless maybe Scourge decides to give up trying to fake an Autobot energy signature, since Iacon is shooting at him anyhow.

i basically consider Iacon an NPC now; any member of the RP can write about Iacon hitting or missing their own characters, and anyone whose character is inside Iacon can try to override and/or repair Iacon's malfunction, and anyone whose character does try that can decide whether or not their character is successful. Just, try to make it believable, and try to make it believable in a way that makes the story better, either moving the story along or raising the stakes by maintaining a "We still can't solve this problem!" status quo. (Did that make sense? i hope that made sense.)

Decepticons: You get ship if i get trip! [/Wheelie]
The Decepticons want a ship so they can go to Earth--or at least that's what Galvatron wants, and the other Decepticons seem to be going along with it.

i have some ideas for Decepticon ships-as-characters:

1) RiD Movor. i don't know (i mean, i don't know YET) how RiD Scourge crossed over into the G1-ish universe of this RP, but Movor comes from the same universe as Scourge, and Movor is a redeco of Blast Off, and in the G1 cartoon Blast Off could expand into a vehicle mode at large enough to carry the other Combaticons. i don't know enough about canon Movor to be comfortable playing him, though. Someone else can play him, or i can just make up my own version of him. Or we can make him an NPC.

2) G1 Blast Off. i don't know enough about the canon version to be comfortable playing this guy, either. Someone else can play him, or i can just make up my own version of him. Or we can make him an NPC.

3) G1 Astrotrain. In TFTM, despite being even smaller than Starscream in their robot modes, Astrotrain was large enough in both vehicle modes to carry robot-mode Megatron, robot-mode Soundwave with at least four of his minions deployed, three robot-mode Insecticons, six Seekers, and six Constructicons--and in space shuttle mode, Astrotrain was even roomy enough for the Constructicons to form Devastator. But i don't know the canon blah blah blah [/broken record]

4) This is the one i'm really excited about, mostly because i really like the name i thought up for the character. Based on TFTM Astrotrain's appearance and abilities but retconning the black-and-white Japanese variation of the G1 Astrotrain toy as a new character i can play unhesitatingly, because there is no canon character whose personality, voice, behavior, etc that i'd be trying to mimic. We can make this character (personality-wise) whoever the RP needs him to be, and we shall call his name "Engines". (Get it? Because a space shuttle has engines, and he also turns into another kind of engine.) i'm tempted to modify the cartoon character model more like the guy in the front of this picture and make the character a fembot. (Kind of like Nightbeat and Minerva having the same shape toy but differently shaped character models to better suit their respective genders in terms the Human audience will understand.)

0) Movor, Blast Off, Astrotrain, or Engines: i think any of these could be useful additions to the RP storyline. i'm just a little stuck on how/where to introduce them.

0.1) Scourge is trying to raid Iacon--i assume Galvatron wants Scourge to steal a ship or find out where a ship can be found that they can steal--but i wonder if maybe Scourge might find one or more Decepticons (specifically, at least one of the space shuttle 'Cons i've described here) imprisoned in Iacon? i'm not sure about that, though--noble Autobots might stoop to capturing and locking up prisoners of war because it's a lesser evil than executing them or letting them go, but what condition would any such prison cells be in, considering what's left of the rest of Iacon right now? Shouldn't the jail cells be physically damaged enough and/or their security systems sufficiently without power that anyone locked up could have broken out by now?

0.2) Ooh! What if Engines is an Autobot and/or protoform, and Scourge does to Engines what RiD Megatron did to create RiD Scourge!? And then, Engines could be the kind of character that might or might not switch sides at any moment, so neither side completely trusts, and yet both sides will keep trying to convince Engines that he/she belongs with their faction...

0.2.1) Did i say "both sides"? i forgot about Pinstripe's gang; they might want Engines for themselves.

5) Meanwhile, if Galvatron finds out about the portable space bridge access device Revoltech stole from Solder, Galvatron might decide a ship is unnecessary.

5.1) Heck, Galvatron doesn't need to know about the portable space bridge access device if he can just find whatever full-sized space bridge the portable device accesses. If that makes sense.

threat to both factions: later
i disagree that organic creatures couldn't pose enough of a threat to unite the TF factions, and i'd like to debate that issue sometime (but not right now, i've got too much else to say). What i will concede is that if one or more of the major contributors to the RP doesn't like such stories, we don't need to play one out--although i wonder if convincing you that organic creatures could be a threat to all TFs might not intrigue you enough to try playing it out.

That being said, i assumed that the crew members (aboard the flying saucer Teletraan-1 scanned to create Cosmos's "disguise" mode) were organic, but i never actually said so. In fact, i deliberately left the description ambiguous, so they could be flesh creatures, robots or other metal beings, whatever. i also deliberately used the word "culture" rather than "species" to leave open the possibility of a multi-species and/or multi-planet culture, united against the TFs.

One of my other ideas for a threat to all TFs could be combined with the flying saucer plot: Cybertron, invaded by beings whose knowledge of technology and biology exceeds the TFs' knowledge of the subjects (not to mention the Humans' and Nebulans' knowledge of the subjects). One of the things that makes these beings more intimidating to the TFs is the TFs inability to even determine whether these beings are biological organisms, robotic machines, cyborgs (biological creatures with robotic enhancements), or cyborgs (robots with biological enhancements). If this idea seems unrealistic to you, may i suggest you look at scorpions, crabs, armadillos, ants, pill bugs, etc.--can't you imagine a species whose exoskeletons might be mistaken for robot hull plating? or a species of fleshies who design armor or combat vehicles based on those kinds of animals? Plus, what if those robot-looking organisms joined forces with the wearers/drivers of those animal-looking machines? (i also imagined these unknowably organic and/or machine combatants might have aspects reminiscent of dinosaurs--ankylosaurs and stegosaurs in particular--turtles, porcupines, clams, oysters, cacti, coral, and even trees.)

One more idea for a threat that might unite the factions: Hate Plague. But, as with my Robo-Smasher idea, who wants to give up their character's free will? A character without free will takes away the player's free will. Plus, it would require the Matrix MacGuffin again. Yeah, i didn't think any of you would go for it; i'm just mentioning it in case considering and/or rejecting the idea gives any of you a better idea.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Blastoff and Astrotrain were both used by Decepticons previously as NPCs, so if they choose not to use them, that is their prerogative. Scourge is in Iacon looking for the Maus, look it up it should be early in the Aetherspite thread and latish in the Earth thread. Autobots do capture and lock up prisoners. We have killed and dissected prisoners (Leozack), and I believe torture has been used more than once. Anyways, the prison cells were emptied when we fled Iacon, since our return the only use has been to temporarily house Arcee. They should be very empty.