OOC: Intact Plastic (the non-S'Plastic RP)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Hey gang, im gonna be kind of ina nd out for a little while. I have alot of stuff going on and I might be going to texas for a tdy trip, so Dinobot, the fiercest warrior ever can be moved around as long as it suits his character.
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hey everyone!
As you might have already noticed I'm back (and TT will be soon as well), and we'll both be around (hopefully more than less) to continue playing our characters in the rp.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Blackjack wrote:"He had to admit to himself that they seemed fairly hokey, but it was better than getting in a big ship and flying around, looking for Cambreaker and stuff".
-That sounds like it sucks!

Sorry Blackjack, I just had to. :P
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I'm glad someone picked up on that. Oh and by the way, just so he knows I am doing it. Here is the current score:

Blackjack: 5
TT: 0

But now that he's back I'm sure that will change in a hurry. Good to see everyone is posting more again. Maybe we can get some action going soon. Planning a big push to finish the roleplay history today, so expect a lot of updates there. Then maybe I can focus on contacting old members of the roleplay and begging them to come back.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Alright, I'm going to Massachusetts for the weekend. I don't have a laptop so I won't be on the boards again 'til Sunday afternoon. I had hoped to get another RP post in before I left, but I haven't come up with concrete ideas and my time is up. So, feel free to play Rattrap and Nighteye. Nighteye is ready to go on the trip. As for activities for Rattrap and Sideways, I was trying to come up with makework activities to do until Blackjack comes back. This is what I came up with, feel very free to add much better ideas:
-Load dominators: they're currently mostly on pallets, they get loaded in as sheets.
-Distribute Energon Rations
-Put Little Energon Goodies on everyone's berths
-Set up the maintenance area in the cargobay
Any of these that PC's don't do, the maintenance bots will take care of, that's pretty much half of why they exist.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that I forgot to tell some people about Wreck-Gar, I didn't pass on the message for good reason, but I apparently forgot to pass along the Wreck-Gar's dead and Galvy's back part. Additionally, someone should make sure Dinobot gets aboard before we leave. Also also, someone should probably pick up Wreck-Gar's head, I feel bad leaving it in Iacon.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

What exactly is a dominator anyhow?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

"The spirit of Massachusetts is the Spirt of America, the spirit of the red white and blue. THe spirit of Massachusetts is the Spirit of America, the spirit of what's old and what's new."

I've had that stuck in my head and your 'leaving for Massachusetts' thing was too good of an opportunity.

Sorry that Blackjack ran off and went to meet with the DSM. I had planned to do that with TT before he went to Sweden and I owed it to him to play that out before we left. I'll try to hurry it up so we can get on the ship and out into space. In any case we'll try to be heading out by the time you get back on Sunday. I'll see to it that Dinobot gets onboard as I am kind of taking his character over anyway right now. About Wreck-Gar's head, probably a good idea. Maybe Dinobot can do that and then discover what happened in the process.
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

In the case that someone needs to recover Wreck-Gar's head, just so we're all on the same page, pretty sure Redline put it on a shelf in the med bay when she got called down to help with Blackjack.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Dominator
IRL Basis: Boeing's Persistent Munition Technology Demonstrator
Armament:
-3 Energon Charge Launchers (light anti-vehicle and anti-personnel)
-2 Forward Facing Energon Cannons (anti-personnel)
Mission Role: Area Denial
Operational Subgroup: 10 units, one of which adopts a C&C role
Deployment Options:
-Permanent deployment from the Tagon Heights base
-Semi-permanent deployment from Nighteye in limited number
-Temporary deployment from airdropped pallet
Production Run: June 2009 - Whenever the Tagon base shut down
Prodcution Quantity: 3 large subterranean storage chamber's full
Characters with Some Knowledge of the Project:
-Cambreaker
-Rattrap
-Nighteye
-Swift
Had a nice picture done in sketch-up, but lost it ages ago in a HDD crash.

Anyways, I'm back and my trip went fairly well.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You're welcome 8)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

someone in character needs to inform Galvatron that

US MANIACS
WE BLEW IT UP
AH SLAG US
PRIMUS SLAG US ALL TO THE PIT

*evil laugh* :twisted:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

so how badly is earth destroyed?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I meant that the Autobots blew up the dam. But hey, the humans have had over a year. It could be in the process of being rebuilt and in the meantime they may have an alternate power source. I like the idea of Galvatron and Dirge going to Las Vegas.

Moreover I like the idea of Blackjack and company fighting it out with the Decepticons in Las Vegas.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

:lol:

getting galvy out the nightclubs will be epic

plus redline could find out all about my subsonic weapon :twisted:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

So, my circumstances are... odd. i'd like to get back into the game (i'd like never to have left, actually), but who knows if it'll actually happen. Don't bring Makeway out of the CR chamber just yet; treat Fasttrack and Skywarp as NPCs if circumstances warrant. (i suggest retcon that Skywarp was with Dirge when Galvatron was resurrected, and has been with Galvatron ever since. And, it just occurred to me to wonder if it would be funny for Galvatron to accidentally call Skywarp "Cyclonus"--possibly followed by something like, "I mean, Bombshell... or whoever you are" or "No, wait, Bombshell became Cyclonus, right?")

Regarding Fasttrack:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fasttrack_%28Scorponok%29
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:TVMJan1988Fasttrack.jpg
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Guardminder_toys.jpg
http://www.tfu.info/1987/Decepticon/Sco ... rponok.htm

As i said in the RP, i've got him redecoed in G1 Optimus Prime's color scheme, but this isn't the sort of Masquerade where a new paint job makes you look identical to the TF you're impersonating both in robot mode and vehicle mode; despite Fasttrack's colors, he's still the same shape he's always been, so he still turns into an "armored interceptor" rather than the cab of a tractor-trailer. Also, i imagine his dual photon cannons are silver, and when not in use in robot mode he stores them on his shoulders (the same place they plug into his vehicle mode, and in robot mode imitating OP's smokestacks, or Ultra Magnus's "towers").

This redeco of Fasttrack is actually repurposed from an older idea of mine, combined with a newer one:
Blackjack wrote:The humans hate the Autobots at this point as Dezsaras has been operating on Earth for some time with his forces attacking human settlements disguised as Autobots.
i thought it would be interesting to add some NPC 'Cons to the game on Earth (with the retcon that they've been there all the while) wreaking havoc disguised "coincidentally" (coincidentally from an in-game perspective, deliberately from an out-of-character perspective) as some of our Autobot PCs. Suddenly having the genuine articles facing Decepticon doppelgangers could make for some interesting psychological warfare. i thought maybe G1 Runabout (already a black Lotus Esprit) could be impersonating Blackjack and IDW "Infiltration" Runamuck or someone could be repainted like Jazz or Minerva or Redline, and i imagined a Decepticon named Dambreaker who deliberately had himself reformatted to resemble Cambreaker for the job. (The name occurred to me before i came back and found Galvatron/Scorponok planning to destroy Hoover/Davis Dam, so that plot point was really something to see! for me, at least.)

But then i saw that Scorponok said he was alone, without any other Decepticon company on Earth. :-(

...Enter Fasttrack. My Autobot impersonator, and yet possibly someone (or something) Scorponok might not consider another Decepticon separate from himself--but at the same time not inseparable from Scorponok, and possible to regard as a semi-distinct entity. (i remember the way G1 Optimus Prime sometimes spoke of/spoke to Roller as if Roller was a separate being from Optimus Prime.)

...i'm thinking about attempting a fanfic set in the same universe as the RP, since i can't seem to help coming up with more characters than we have players, not to mention more characters than i should be playing myself.

And i can't remember what else i wanted to mention in this post. Ah, well; i'll double-post later.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

STARS Commando 539 wrote:it would be funny for Galvatron to accidentally call Skywarp "Cyclonus"--possibly followed by something like, "I mean, Bombshell... or whoever you are" .
I've always wanted to do that in the RP. But it would be even more funny if I were talking to Cyclonus or Scourge (G1). Using the names in past tense instead of the names of characters they have not become yet.
Unfortunatly, nobody has chosen to use Cyclonus or G1 Scourge as a character in the RP.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Don't have much time to think/post at the moment but let me state the following.

Good to have you around STARS. I enjoy the fresh ideas. Also I would be interested in collaborating with you on a fanfic project if you'd be interesting in that. I was going to write a few fanfic type short pieces about some of the existing characters when I finish the roleplay history (which is proving harder than I thought). I'm also toying with the idea of actually recording a voice track of this roleplay and having some kind of TFL Roleplay G1 series. Except like I said it would be voices only because I don't have the skills required to animate anything.

I wouldn't have a problem with NPC Decepticons on Earth. Maybe Scorponok just doesn't know that they're there and maybe they've stayed away from him for a reason.

I'd always wanted to play Cyclonus or Scourge but as I already have several characters I have a mind to play I never had the opportunity to do so. I really like the version of Scourge in the jon3.0 TF Unsolved Mysteries shorts where he is angry because everyone doesn't bother to tell him apart from the other Sweeps and he gets called fat.

I also wanted to explain myself. As you all may or may not have guessed I would eventually like to pursue Scorponok as my major character. I will be writing out Inferno once he finds TT and I will be temporarily writing out Blackjack once Cambreaker has been found. I am limiting Scorponok to being immobile and lazy right now because I don't want a third character to deal with. So Decepticons go about your buisness and do your thing. He'll be a base for you but I'm not going to have him do anything yet. He doesn't care about anything except his soaps and his WOW account.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

i'm thinking of having Galvatron meet up with a humanoid in Vegas.
The humanoid i have in mind would be a lot like Dr. Archeville.
He gets destroyed and looses a few limbs but I rebuild him with some scrap Cybertronian pieces. He becomes part organic and part bionic.
Not a cyborg. I will call him PSYCHOTRON.
his character is based off of a Megadeth song. I'll keep him around until I decide to kill him off. BWHAHAHAHAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ReTqak2G5c

Assassin in stealth
Assailant from Hell
Impervious to damage
Computer on-board
Engaged in a war
Non-stop combatant
Maybe not a mutant, maybe a man

Part bionic
And organic
Not a cyborg
Call him Psychotron

Burning inside
Godspeed in glide
Battle plan running
A killing machine
Just downright mean
And forever cunning
Maybe not a mutant, maybe a man

[Chorus]

Target to destroy
Arms in employ
Full assault fire threat
Sensors indicate
You will terminate
Life systems disconnect

[Chorus]

Psychotron
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Remembered some of the things i was going to say, although i still feel like i'm forgetting a bunch.

BLACKJACK, to answer your question about Thundergun being a member of Racerblade's team: No. Well, yes, in that they're both Decepticons, and in the present, that's the only team Racerblade belongs to--wherever he is. i still don't know if we're trying to steer towards or away from including time travel as a prominent plot point in the game, aside from the stuff with TT and/or BW characters, but when i was first thinking up Racerblade and had him coming from the future, i imagined his time-travelling team being made up of Allicons and Sharkticons (NPCs, primarily but not necessarily exclusively controlled by me), although i was willing to replace any or all of the Allicons and Sharkticons with other players' PCs.

Scrap! Not done, but gotta jet.

i'll double-post later. ;-)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Blackjack, I just wanted to note that your most recent post was quite touchingly poignant. I always enjoy reading your posts!