OOC: Intact Plastic (the non-S'Plastic RP)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yeah, we totally excecuted Leozack and dismantled him. It was like an eye for a city. Or two eyes for a city. Anyway, please be clear: Cambreaker does not have the compulsions to mercy and codes of conduct that Optimus Prime did. Try to tell him one battle Prime lost because of something OTHER than compulsions like not stepping on humans, or not shooting Megatron because he was "unarmed". Cambreaker perceives it as his duty to win the war and end Decepticon tyranny, even if it means playing dirty. Once he's back and you see how he works, you'll understand, and as he'd tell you: more importantly, you'll be afraid (if you're playing a 'con). He doesn't have the same 'weaknesses' and predictability former Primes have. Also, he has a reeeeally big axe.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

5) Meanwhile, if Galvatron finds out about the portable space bridge access device Revoltech stole from Solder, Galvatron might decide a ship is unnecessary.

5.1) Heck, Galvatron doesn't need to know about the portable space bridge access device if he can just find whatever full-sized space bridge the portable device accesses. If that makes sense.

Galvatron don't like new devices. He's had too many bad experiences with new devices made by ACME. He's just going to travel the ol' fashioned way for a while. I could have summoned Astrotrain for shuttle use. But I got bigger plans to deal with.

:twisted:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As always I enjoy the ideas that are getting thrown around here and as the roleplay continues to move it becomes more and more apparent to me that everyone has their own ideas/plots/plans developing behind the scenes.

That said. The Racerblades thing isn't a bad idea. Please don't feel like we're just trying to shoot down your ideas STARS. I'm glad you have so many of them.

I guess I never thought of Iacon itself as an NPC, but in the case of there not being anyone to man it then what you're saying makes sense. Also I was wondering who program Iacon's defenses, Wreck-Gar? I particularly like the "level 4 wizards casts identify". I can assure you that once Blackjack is back up and running we will solve this problem.

I think the Decepticons have their own ideas for a ship. We've had plenty of NPC Decepticon shuttles around and if Galvatron had wanted he would've just said "we all board Astrotrain, etc. and head for Earth". Don't worry about adding any more characters at the time being.

As I know what TT has planned for Pinstripe's gang, I wouldn't worry about them at the time being. TT is probably on his way to Sweden as we speak and thus the gang will be inactive for a while. Also they have their own ship and their own business propositions to attend to. You'll see.

I guess I never really said that I don't think that organic creatures couldn't be a threat to the Transformers and your idea certainly is interesting. However I just can't see the characters of Cambreaker or Galvatron working together under such circumstances. But you never know. In any case I'd be glad to discuss the subject with you, but it can wait until a much later time. We don't need to worry about developing more plot arcs and subplots for the roleplay at the current time because all the characters certainly have enough on their plates.

As TT has already pointed out, the Autobot forces that are currently in the roleplay are very different than the Prime-lead factions of original G1. I'm just getting into it in the roleplay history and I promise more of that will be there soon. But no prisoners would be in Iacon at the moment and to be honest I hadn't intended for there to have been many Autobots in Iacon until recently.

Also it is important to note that while we would like to get more players involved in this roleplay, the current players should try to focus on one or two characters. Maybe some NPCs can be order to go do things, but please don't try and play a whole bunch of characters at once.

I wanted to make a note about the current Decepticon goings on in the roleplay. Don't worry too much about pressing the issue of searching for Cambreaker. Unlike Cambreaker, Blackjack has a connection with the Earth and if Galvatron and the others go there to wreak havoc, he will go there to defend it. It could be a fun G1 throwback for us to battle it out on Earth again. Just thought I'd bring that up.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Hey gang! I want to apologize for my absence. I went on vacation, and when I went to post that I would be absent for a week, the internet where I was wouldnt allow me to post. But im back. If im ever gone, you guys can use my character for little things if you need.
R.I.P. Menasor
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

zat is interesting dinobot ... ve could use you * face change * as a punchbag ... ehehehehehehe

sorry ... couldnt resist :P :lol:
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

As you know, TT's come to visit, which means I won't be around much for a while. Kthxbai!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4636
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

These aren't the Autobots i remember from when i was growing up. Good to know. Thanks to those of you who pointed that out.

i don't feel like my ideas in particular are being rejected, but i appreciate the concern. i don't expect everyone to do everything i suggest--the RP isn't about what i want, it's about what we want, what we can all agree on. i'm just trying to see which of my ideas fall into that category, which of my ideas appeal to people and might be useful for improving/advancing the RP.

If Wreck-Gar no longer wants to play Wreck-Gar, so be it, but might we keep the character as NPC? i just think it'd be so perfect to have the A-Team receive/retrieve Wreck-Gar's remains saying, "We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was," and then singing the words "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" a la Daft Punk. Also perhaps a reference to, "Alas, poor Yoreck-Gar. I knew him, Horatio Caine."

And then the Junkions could vanish back into the Bag of NPC Holding while the A-Team works on repairing Wreck-Gar.

By the way, before Dirge suggested swapping Minerva for Wreck-Gar, the A-Team started their own plan to rescue Wreck-Gar, a plan that involved building a fake Wreck-Gar from stuff they found all over Iacon. Maybe they accidentally did something to Iacon's defense computer, or left something behind?

++++++

a threat to both factions and a possible player recruiting opportunity?

Shattered Plastic had a few players that the current RP does not. Contemplating the possibility of getting those players into the "Intact Plastic" game, i tried to come up with a way for them to use their already existing Shattered Plastic characters, and this is what i thought of:

The "Intact Plastic" universe has seen a number of instances of time travel, including TT, Galvatron, Vulcan, anyone from BW (Rattrap and Inferno that i know of), possibly Racerblade... Since time travel stories always run the risk of creating time paradoxes that will destroy the universe, what if the "IP" universe is in danger of being destroyed that way? Furthermore, what if, as the "IP" universe collapses, nearby universes (such as the Shattered Plastic universe, and maybe the RiD universe from which Sideways gets the character Scourge, etc.) start expanding into the collapsed part of the "IP" universe? "IP" and SP in particular might endanger one another the way matter and anti-matter do.

Getting ahead of myself a little bit, i also started imagining new names to distinguish "IP" characters from their SP alter egos, the way Silverbolt played a character named Blackbolt in SP and The Last Autobot played The Last Decepticon. i don't have new name suggestions for everyone, but i did come up with--
Cambreakor
Minelba
Deathsaurus
Jazzz (i understand Jazz's name was almost given an extra "z" in G1)
Sling (instead of Slingshot)
Air Dive & Sky Raid (instead of Skydive and Air Raid)
Firefly (instead of Fireflight)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I mentioned this in the roleplay, but Minerva in case you or TT see this I am temporarily taking control of your character in order to expeditite Blackjack's recovery. I'd originally kind of assumed Redline could do it in your absense, but as she's with Rattrap right now I can't really wait. I'm not going to do anything out of the ordinary with her, just have her work on rebuilding Blackjack.

I had already made the "Alas poor Yoreck-Gar" reference as Inferno so it's funny you should bring that up. Except since Inferno had no idea who Wreck-Gar was he merely said "Alas poor Autobot". Still the A-Team can do what they would like, but don't feel that it is necessary to post as them. We can just assume that they are doing that in the background and keep them around if we ever need more Autobots for something. Another thing that occured to me is that the current plot seems to be heading towards Earth, which is where the A-Team is currently so they meet up with everyone again that way.

I'm not sure how I feel about mixing SP and IP as the former was created as an offshoot of the latter. That said I'm not certain how many of the former SP players are even still around and would take place in this if we decided to follow that plot idea. That also said I would like to start SP up again soon because I think it would help to attact more attention to both roleplays. This is a point of debate between me and TT and as I would need him or another admin type person to create the separate roleplay area that I would like to have for SP. Still as there is an SP starter thread in this roleplay area, I would encourage everyone to invite people back for that. Start posting characters, ideas for the game, etc. If we can generate the interest in it, I'm certain I could get TT to make something for us. The only concern I have is that if players were to get involved in both roleplays, interest and support for this one may dwindle due to more interest in persuing SP.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I for one wouldn't participate in the SP aspect of the RP. I prefer IP...
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

id participate ...

could you imagine dirges weapon in an SP universe ? ... :lol:

making people see their greatest sweet dreams .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Sideways wrote:I for one wouldn't participate in the SP aspect of the RP. I prefer IP...
SIDEWAYS, does that also mean that, if we get Shattered Plastic up and running again, completely separate from "Intact Plastic", you wouldn't be interested in playing SP? (Not to put words in your mouth, and not that you can't change your mind at any time--i'm just curious where you stand now.)

Blackjack wrote:I had already made the "Alas poor Yoreck-Gar" reference as Inferno so it's funny you should bring that up. Except since Inferno had no idea who Wreck-Gar was he merely said "Alas poor Autobot".
i forgot about that. Or maybe i remembered it subconsciously and you gave me the idea for the A-Team to say it.

Blackjack wrote:the current plot seems to be heading towards Earth, which is where the A-Team is currently so they meet up with everyone again that way.
i sent the A-Team through the space bridge because it was a retcon that explained their apparent inaction during my absence, and i actually chose Earth as their destination specifically because Galvatron declared that the Decepticons were going there. That said, you may be right about me having too many characters, and i keep trying (at least on a conscious level, although i begin to suspect my subconscious has other ideas) to make the A-Team NPCs and write them out of the story, but in a way that i can bring them back if i think the story would benefit from it--such as if they are for a time the only Autobot-allied forces Galvatron and company encounter on Earth. (Or would the RP be more interesting if Galvatron's forces have at least a brief period on Earth without any Autobot-allied resistance? in which case Galvatron and/or his forces and/or his ship might blast the A-Team's ship to pieces just after its completion and launch, stranding the Junkions as NPCs in Earth orbit. Or the A-Team could finish their ship and launch well before the Decepticons' arrival, and head back for Cybertron to find out what's happened with the efforts to rescue Wreck-Gar.)

Thundergun: Robot In Disguise As Another Robot In Disguise
i know Rattrap was bluffing about knowing Makeway, but Thundergun was fooled. The question is, when Thundergun bluffs back, will Rattrap be fooled? Will Redline be fooled?

By the way, REDLINE, i was not trying to exclude you from the RP when i said Thundergun didn't see your character; i said he didn't see your character because Rattrap told your character to get behind some cover. You can do whatever you want--bring Redline out because she believes Thundergun, bring her out because she does not believe him, keep her hidden because she does not believe him and she's waiting for Rattrap to figure that out and signal a surprise attack... Whatever you'd like.

As for anyone believing or not believing Thundergun's act... i haven't decided yet how successful i want Thundergun to be at infiltrating the Autobots, but i know how successful Thundergun wants to be. i guess i'll just see how well and how easily and how quickly i can think of ways for Thundergun to try to trick the Autobots, and that will show how well Thundergun can think of those things. For anyone else playing an Autobot, i'll ask you not to go out of your way to reveal the Decepticon's deception, while at the same time asking you not to turn a blind optic sensor to anything suspicious about Thundergun's words or actions. Basically, just stay in character. If your character is paranoid, or trusting, or easily fooled, or highly observant, or anything... don't change that specifically to reveal OR to keep Thundergun's secret.

misc. stuff i forgot to post at various earlier points in time
Vast, predatory Furmanisming, RATTRAP--nice!

i'm an idiot. If Blackjack is like every other Headmaster i've ever seen, then whenever he transforms, his head should very obviously detach and transform into a little humanoid figure, or this little humanoid figure should transform back into his head and attach to his shoulders. So Makeway and everybody else must realize that Blackjack's a Headmaster the first time they see him transform. What Makeway (among others) might not realize is that Blackjack's head is an exo-suit-wearing flesh creature binary-bonded to Blackjack, rather than Blackjack's true Micromaster self, attaching to or detaching from a mindless Transtector body.

As for what's happening to Blackjack now--do i understand correctly that Blackjack is going to play Cerebros to Brakkas Garlon's Spike and the Royal Flush's Fortress Maximus? That is, Brakkas will become Blackjack's head, and Blackjack will become Royal Flush's head?

BLACKJACK has characters with gambling-themed names, and TIME TRAVELLER has characters with period-themed names. With the back of my brain coming up with additional name ideas for these two themes, shouldn't i have realized sooner that Deuce (a member of Pinstripe's gang) has a rather gambling-themed name (as in "deuces wild")? and should i suspect some sort of connection there? Blackjack and Brakkas already have a history with Pinstripe's gang as lawmen and lawbreakers, but might there be much more than meets the eye, with these particular lawmen finding these particular lawbreakers due to some gambling connection between Blackjack and Deuce?

i don't know why i keep coming up with Prohibition-themed name ideas for additional members of Pinstripe's gang, but how about one named Bootleg, who looks like a bootleg Transformer toy?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

OFF TOPIC, but my two blank posts above? They ain't blank, the comments and links i posted about Shattered Glass Dirge just won't show up for some reason. And i'm not deleting them (or that one that says "test, testing my ability to edit") in case they're useful to... anybody... for diagnosing whatever glitch is in play.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Don't see any blank posts, so I'm not sure what you're talking about STARS. I think I understand why you've ditched the underlining for player names in all caps and I approve.

The A-Team In 2011, a Junkion commando unit was sentenced to death by a Decepticon they didn't know. These bots promptly escaped from his clutches to a junkyard on Earth. Today, still wanted by the Decepticons, they survive as soldiers of junk. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, the A-Team. *cue Junkion theme music*

Just thought I'd throw that in there. I personally think it would be fun if we encountered them on Earth when we go there to battle the 'cons. I wouldn't worry too much about them at this point though.

I do however have some notes about Earth which will be extremely important when we go there. The humans hate the Autobots at this point as Dezsaras has been operating on Earth for some time with his forces attacking human settlements disguised as Autobots. What didn't help this was Dinobot and Rattrap blowing up the Hoover Dam and killing thousands. Meanwhile the Decepticons had offered to protect Earth for a high price. I don't think this ever succeeded, but as the Autobots are disliked by the humans this may play heavily into anything that may occur on Earth. Also Fortress Maximus is still presumably somewhere on Earth as is the Decepticon commander Overlord and his forces (although who knows what has happened to them over time). These are just some thngs to be aware of, perhaps things Galvatron would like to take advantage off...

Thundergun is lucky Cambreaker's not around or he'd be scrap faster than you can say Smelting Pool.

You're not an idiot. I am a fan of the G1 US comic continuity and in particular the character of Fortress Maximus (he gets the shaft doncha know). Blackjack is his own character, as Brakkas is his own character. Up until now I've not played the Nebulan very often so he's never been important and I want to remind people that he's there. And yes that is the plan, except that it gets complicated. Brakkas is Blackjack's binary bonded partner. But the bond between Blackjack and the Royal Flush will be one of a transformer attaching or detaching from a mindless Transdector body (though I've heard those Transdectors can take on a mind of their own *cough*Jinrai*cough*). Thus Blackjack will still prefer to be called Blackjack and he will still refer to the Royal Flush as a nonliving thing.

There was no plan between TT and I to have a relationship between Deuce and Blackjack. Deuce is named after the type of vehicle his alt-mode represents: a deuce coupe. However this could be something worth exploring and developing in the future. Perhaps Blackjack and at least one member of Pinstripe's gang have gambled together before.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Might not be able to post for a while, so i had to "let" Rattrap detonate Thundergun. Too bad--i was looking forward to seeing more of Thundergun pretending to be an Autobot, and i was looking forward to seeing what Thundergun would do when he could no longer fake it, or simply decided he wasn't going to anymore. (By the way, i was thinking that--if questioned--Thundergun would claim his Decepticon signature was the result of performing emergency repairs on himself using Decepticon components. Would that have fooled anybody?)

Thanks for giving me a plausible exit when i needed one, though, RATTRAP.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I hope that everything is alright and that your not being able to post for a while is not a sign of anything serious. We'll miss you around here.

To answer your question, I'd say that Rattrap is probably the most paranoid member of our current team except maybe Dinobot. So that was unfortunate for Thundergun. But if Blackjack had been ressurected in time he would have been very trusting and probably fooled by the robot in disguise.

I have a question that you may not see, but is Thundergun meant to be a part of Racerblade's team or is he something different altogether?
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

I'm glad that worked out for you, Stars. I did kind of specifically send Rattrap to prevent infiltration. I was looking forward to him meeting Makeway, but I guess that'll have to wait. I'll put Makeway coma'd in Nighteye's Medbay and leave Thundergun intact in the abandoned areas of Iacon. Unless you'd like me to do something else, that way you can pick your characters back up whenever you feel like it. I look forward to your return.

Blackjack, I know its hard to advance the story with two away characters, but they both gave you the OK to play them in their absence. It would be nice for the overall storyline to have advanced over TT's vacation. So rez already, even if it takes a pretty voluminous post, so we can move on to "The Hunt for Cambreaker" or at the very least "The Discussion on Where to Hunt for Cambreaker."
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I've been waiting on Redline but I'll just assume she is away as well and that she went to help Minerva. I would like to move on as well. I'll get to that.
even if it takes a pretty voluminous post
Ask and ye shall receive.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Yeah, Redline has been kind of busy, but she should be back on the boards this week.
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Sorry, Blackjack. "Spring Break" ended up not being much of a break for me, and between doing taxes, a trip to Boston for an interview, and getting everything else done that I had been listing to do at home, I was kind of swamped. I'm working on getting caught back up, though. :?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I'm sorry to hear that. Probably means you didn't get to spend much time with the rat either. I hope your interview went well. Don't worry too much, I took care of things in the roleplay. Hope you get everything else cleaned up soon.