OOC: Intact Plastic (the non-S'Plastic RP)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Personally I blame LOST for my recent posts. I have started thinking in terms of 'suddenly there is a flashback to something relevant in a character's backstory'. I've also been more interested in this again. Hoping that we can really get this rolling once more.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Galvy, I totally lost it laughing when I saw "Jron was here" markered on Dirge's nosecone. Just thought you should know!
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Not to burst your bubble, but I thought that was the last part of 'Galvatron' as in Galvatron was here. Funny as it may be, I doubt he calls me JRon.

I almost lost it when I read the discussion between Time Traveller and Cambreaker about being in a roleplay. That is pure gold right there.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

i feel violated :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

It could be worse, Dirge..... It could be worse. :lol:
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Hey Blackjack...lazy TLA is lazy. Which thread did you write me into?
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

Time Traveller wrote:It could be worse, Dirge..... It could be worse. :lol:
knowing galvy ... it WILL get worse :roll:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The Last Autobot wrote:Hey Blackjack...lazy TLA is lazy. Which thread did you write me into?
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... start=1006
Best catch up, TLA :P
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Thanks, TT!
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

for the record blackjack ... the dreaded farminator was a combiner team i came up with that comprised of 5 huge robotic farm animals

horseytron - left leg
cybercow - right leg
robochicken - left arm
sheepicon - right arm
cyberpig - torso

i never got around to finishing the project though :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

By the way, I coined the word Ro-Bovine in my Cambreaker fanfic. You're welcome.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

i just fell off the chair laughing at " Ro-Bovine " :lol:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Dirge wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:It could be worse, Dirge..... It could be worse. :lol:
knowing galvy ... it WILL get worse :roll:
It could have been worse. But I gotta keep it "somewhat" clean.
You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to do that.

And yes that is supposed to say GalvaTRON WAS HERE. Written on the conehead's head. I don't know who or what a JRON is.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

That's my rap name. I mentioned it on here a long time ago in the "Post Lyrics To A Song That Mentions TFs" thread because I wrote one of those. But I don't expect you to remember that. I was wondering why TT thought that was what it said.

I think it would be hilarious if Farminator ever was completed.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

if you want it ... so it shall be done :lol:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

So your PCs found Time Traveller and Cambreaker--good for them, good for you. i think it sucks that Makeway and i weren't able to be a part of that (or even Thundergun), but i'm glad you didn't wait for me.

i'm strongly leaning towards the idea that Makeway was left behind in a CR chamber in Iacon, although i suppose it's possible the other Autobots took his Comatose-Under-Repairs Body (CURB? or CURing Body?) along for the ride, either out of concern for what would happen to him if they abandoned him and/or in the hopes that when his repairs were finished he could rejoin them on their Important Quest.

As a reader and/or as a writer, i would have hoped that the search for Time Traveller and Cambreaker would take longer; back when i was still in the game, i was thinking of suggesting the importance of the plot having several false leads for our PCs to chase down and ultimately disprove, before finally finding one or both of them. (i was also going to suggest introducing Abraham Dante to go along with Scorponok-sans-Zarak, and see what happened when Zarak returned and he and Dante butted heads, so to speak... but oh, well. Shame, though, to have missed the opportunity to have Blackjack simultaneously RPing Scorponok/Dante & Inferno.) However, i can understand a player's desire to move on to the next phase. (Even writers can sometimes want to skip to the next phase, and sometimes do, and then go back and fill in the missing chapters later. Readers, too, come to think of it.)

The next phase, it seems, derives from events in the "Beast Wars" cartoon, which i basically never saw. i suppose the majority of our characters are as ignorant as i am of what happened in that era, so if i rejoin the game i should fit right in--but is there anything i would need to know about "BW" in order to participate? and/or, will i be exposed to any major spoilers that might discourage me from playing? (Probably not; even if the entire series is repeated here word-for-word, i'd probably rather get back in the game than wait until i finally, someday, get around to watching the second-oldest Transformers cartoon in existence.)

As for me, i have an idea about bringing Makeway back into the game, likely tying in with a Threat To Both Factions idea... but would TTBF be premature at this point? ...i'll throw this idea at you anyway, see how you respond. The idea revolves around Daiclonus (who looks like G1 Cyclonus with red hands and red wingtips) and Triclonus (who looks like G1 Cyclonus in dark blue instead of purple). Daiclonus and Triclonus know that Galvatron used to be Megatron, and that Delita-1 used to be Elita-1, and that Goldbug used to be Bumblebee, or maybe Bumblebee used to be Goldbug. Daiclonus thinks that Optimus Prime used to be someone named Optronix, a.k.a. "Orion Pax"; Triclonus thinks that Optimus Prime used to be someone named Convoy. The thing is, Daiclonus and Triclonus are convinced that they themselves used to be other Transformers, but they can't remember who. Are they members of Cyclonus's armada, sent back in time? Or did Galvatron create them based on his memories of having Cyclonus around in the future? Trying to find out who they used to be has driven them insane. This might not be such a threat if they had not concluded that the way to find out who they used to be is to find someone who knows and force them to tell using mind control; Daiclonus and Triclonus have rebuilt the Robo-Smasher, and learned a little bit about how to make and use cerebro-shells. (i know i've mentioned mind control before and it hasn't sat well, but i think it could be done if we limited its victims to NPCs and willing players' PCs.) Their next intended target would be Time Traveller (who better to tell them about their origins, their past?), and searching for him would lead them to the rest of our PCs. Part of the threat would be how our PCs could defend themselves from their own allies--this is how i imagine bringing Makeway back into the game, flying Wheeljack's Turbo Racer, probably alone or with one or two passengers, attacking the Autobots, all the while trying to warn them that he's being controlled by a cerebro-shell and can't stop himself. But a larger threat might be the sizable resources (i'm thinking cerebro-shelled Metroplex and/or Sky Lynx) that Daiclonus and Triclonus have put into some sort of excavation project, the nature of which even i have not yet determined--although this comes to mind as a possibility.

i've also done a little something with Thundergun, and i have a few ideas for him, too. For one thing, what if he becomes obsessed with getting revenge on Rattrap for blowing him up? Or, perhaps more interestingly, what if Thundergun's memory was damaged when Rattrap blew him up, and Thundergun now believes everything Rattrap told him--that Thundergun is actually an Autobot named Makeway, and that he and Rattrap worked together with the Nebulos planetary defense force--but then, Rattrap blew him up, such that the delusional Decepticon would now believe himself to be an Autobot, and Rattrap to be a traitor to the Autobots! Regardless of the state of Thundergun's memory, what would happen if he ran into Pinstripe or any of Pinstripe's minions? Or, maybe Thundergun never encounters any of them, or avoids them--and maybe he steals the modified Royal Flush from them, before they get to it themselves? (Actually, if he thinks he's an Autobot, he might not even think of it as stealing...)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Okay okay okay okay okay.

First of all let me say this. If you honestly want to rejoin the game and throw your ideas into the pot, then please stick around or at least tell us when you're going to disappear for several months. You make it sound as though you're hurt because we moved so far ahead without you. Well you disappeared of the face of the map without a trace. You have wonderful and creative ideas and I think we would be all too happy to incorporate them into the game, but the problem is you're not around to do that. Before we commit to any of these ideas, we need to know that you'll be able to help see them through or at least try and stay in contact with someone enough to tell them what you want to happen with your character(s) at the time. I'd be more than happy to do that.

Next I want to clarify some game plot points that need to be made in liu of your absense. I haven't gotten around to writing anymore of the roleplay history/record so that you could update yourself that way, so I'll explain here.

Regarding Makeway, we did make every effort to bring him along in a CR Chamber until such time that you could rejoin us and possibly play him again. We don't leave one of our own behind. He is now most likely resting somewhere in one of the more advanced CR Chambers aboard the Aetherspite.

The search for TT/Cambreaker was sped up most to attempt to generate interest in the roleplay since that part only seemed to really interest myself and TT himself. As you may have noticed, most of the other posters, particularly Autobots, have dropped off since that time. I'm not sure if this is because of busyness in their lives, lack of interest in what's happening, or some combination of the two. I also think that everyone, TT and myself included, have big plans for the time once Cambreaker returned and making that search take less time was just more convenient for the plot.

I really don't know much about Abraham Dante, aside from what I read in that article, but I think I would've declined playing him. I've got enough characters right now with Zarak/BW Megatron, Scorponok, Inferno, Blackjack, and Sixshot that I don't need anything else. Of course you would have been and certainly are more than welcome to bring Dante in as a character.

The next phase actually has little to do with the Beast Wars continuity. I'm using characters/ideas from that yes, I will explain them, but it really doesn't affect the general plot as much as you'd think. The Nemesis is pretty much a G1 staple and the fact that it's in South America comes straight from the G1 cartoon episode Microbots. If you want to know all that you need to understand what's going on with the BW stuff, just watch the last two episodes: Nemesis Part I and II. Well that is, if you don't mind spoilers.

Basically all you need to know is that the Megatron of the future (not the same as G1 Megatron) time travelled to the past where he found the Nemesis and tried to use it to destroy the Maximals (Autobots). He was thwarted by the Maximals and the Nemesis crash landed in South America where later the G1 Decepticons would find it and retreive the Heart of Cybertron from it. It was abandoned there, unknown to Galvatron, Dirge, Blitzwing, Inferno, etc. as none of them was a part of the original expedition to find the Heart. So now as it is their best hope against the Aetherspite it has been ressurected.

As for your other plots ideas, feel free to pursue them. Just be aware that there are limited numbers of Autobot posters at the moment so attempting anything that would require quick responses from a lot of people may move very slowly. The active posters are:

Myself
Galvatron
Dirge
TT (but he's gotten busier)
Minerva (same for her I think)
Redline shows up a bit

And that's it. So just be aware of that. Now I should give you (and everyone who's been missing) a brief plot synopsis. I will also explain a bit more about my hoard of characters because I feel really guilty about that.

The Autobots found Cambreaker, yes. After a brief conversation with TT they boarded the Aetherspite, Cambreaker's warship and had a frosty reunion. The Decepticon Zarak showed up and demanded to speak with TT also. TT agreed to meet and Zarak revealed that he was actually being possess by the spirit spark (or whatever you call that) of Beast Wars Megatron, except that Zarak himself is not aware of this. Not getting what he wanted from TT, BW Megatron/Zarak then asked to speak with Rattrap and Dinobot, but was interrupted by the arrival of Galvatron and the other Decepticons. Cambreaker chased the Decepticons away with the 'Spite and they fled back to Earth to plot. Meanwhile Blackjack spoke to Cambreaker about leaving to track down his Decepticons nemesis Sixshot. Cambreaker reluctantly agreed. Minerva has also gone to speak with Cambreaker, something they've been dreading since his disappearance created distance between them. As the Autobots head for Cybertron, the Decepticons arrive on Earth. Here Zarak explains he's found the Nemesis which they can use to defeat Cambreaker's Aetherspite. Dirge takes it upon himself to repair the Nemesis while Galvatron watches Scorponok's TV. As Dirge begins to learn about the mystery surrounding the Nemesis with the help of Inferno, Blackjack lands on Earth and tracks down Sixshot.

That's where we are at. Now, I do have quite a few future plans myself and TT and I have discussed the future of the roleplay a lot. In regards to a Threat To Both Sides, I have devise one and am currently laying the seeds of it. Yes, it will involve the fact that Zarak is possessed by BW Megatron and yes he is the one creating the threat. In the interim time the Autobots must go back to Cybertron and I know TT has some plans for the Autobots in the future. Once the Nemesis is repair, the Decepticons will go and face off with Cambreaker and Galvatron apparently wants to find out what Dinobot knows. As always, STARS your ideas are more than welcome and I will help you in any way you need. If you want to pursue this Diaclonus, Triclonus thing then by all means do so and I will put my agendas on hold for a while.

In regards to my many characters, after the plot arc I'm referring to I will be removing Inferno, BW Megatron, and possibly Zarak/Scorponok (at least the background) so that I can focus solely on Blackjack. I don't really want to give up Zarak though because having Scorponok around makes the Decepticons seem like more of a threat. We'll see what happens.

Good to see you again, STARS. I hope you can be with us for a long time.
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

>.>
Sorry everyone. Planning an wedding and planning a cross-country move has taken my forum-reading and story-plotting time to a low. :( Hopefully I'll be able to me a little more active in September, but I need to get married, get moved, get school started again, and get a job first. >_______< I'll do my best to stay up on the story, though.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

CONGRATULATIONS REDLINE! (Can i use my "Botgratulations" joke again?)

Clearly, you've mentioned the whole wedding thing before elsewhere, and just as clearly, i've either missed the announcement or forgotten about it, but i do wish you every happiness. Oh, and good luck with the moving, and school/job stuff, too.

BLACKJACK, i'm truly sorry if i've given the impression that i'm upset with ANYONE here for MY lack of involvement. What i meant to say was that i was--am--upset with myself and my circumstances, and i missed you all and missed being part of this game, and even though i was away, i was still thinking about how to participate whenever i managed to come back. (i do believe i said i was unsure how much i'd be around for a while, although i didn't expect to be completely gone, let alone for so long! and i didn't keep in touch by e-mail or anything because, well, if i have time to e-mail, i have time to post, right?) But i will repeat myself: i'm glad you didn't wait for me.

i'm reminded of a scene in "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back". MINOR SPOILER WARNING. Imperial forces had discovered the Rebels' hidden base on Hoth, and were coming to wipe them out, so the Rebels were evacuating. When the first of the Rebels' transport ships managed to slip past the Imperial capital ship in orbit, the in-base intercom announced to everyone remaining, "The first transport is away," and everyone there cheered.

That's kind of how i feel--like, even if i don't survive, i'll celebrate that at least some of my compatriots are still fighting the good fight.

END SPOILERS.

Thanks for the synopsis. i think i've caught up on my reading of the RP--or, i thought i'd caught up, because even though i figured out the bit about Zarak being possessed by BW Megatron, i didn't realize it had been "revealed", as you say. To which characters has that fact been revealed? since Zarak himself doesn't even realize it...

Also, DUDE--Sixshot splitting into six versions of himself!? How bad-aft IS this guy?! Did you make that up for the game, or does he do that in canon somewhere? (Reminds me of a pointless hypothetical question i've long intended to ask some TransFans in idle time: If six duplicates of Sixshot were each locked in a different one of his modes, and they fought each other to the death, what would the results be?)

Back to the game, you're right about my follow-through; i shouldn't play any characters with major roles if i can't be sure i'll be able to fulfill my part. (i built that into Makeway's profile: He has grandiose ideas beyond his abilities to perform, too.)

...i'll see what i can do.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Yes, Blackjack is right; I have gotten busier, leaving me less time to focus on the RP. Sorry everyone. :(
Hopefully I'll be able to finish a few projects soon (one in particular ;)) so I can get more time for TFL!