OOC: Intact Plastic (the non-S'Plastic RP)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I'm not going to buy anything from the ACME company anymore.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I think it was those ACME suicide bombs that finally did it to ya, Galvy.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

There is a secondary market I've been doing research on. It's called SMACME
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

The Last Autobot wrote:Well shoot. I just typed out a big long post about TLA getting to Iacon and all that jazz. I hit preview instead of submit and navigated away, only to lose all my work.

I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!
Aw, man, that sucks! Sympathies, pal.

P.S.--When you say "all that jazz", you're not talking about Jazz, are you?
Galvatron wrote:I'm not going to buy anything from the ACME company anymore.

There is a secondary market I've been doing research on. It's called SMACME
SMACKME...! That's awesome. Pic was pretty funny, too, although it's kind of messed up. [/pun]
Blackjack wrote:my character is not at all based on any existing G1 continuity characters. He is simply named Blackjack because I wanted a gambling themed transformer. He has a dead love interest named Roulette.

I also wanted to note that Blackjack has slightly a more busy life than he used to and is usually not available on weekends though he will certainly try. So if you're invovled in a roleplay with me, I'm sorry and I will do my best but things might move slow with me when the weekend rolls around.
Bonus points to BLACKJACK for using my distinguish-players-from-characters trick. Maybe it's not necessary, but i appreciate it. :-D

And who am i to complain about people not roleplaying on a regular basis? Shattered Plastic went into stasis lock, and i think it was partly because i started things i couldn't (or at least didn't) finish. It annoys me when somebody can't contribute regularly--especially when that somebody is me--but i don't blame that person or hold it against them... at least i don't think i do, and i don't mean to...

As for Blackjack's Blackjack, i knew Blackjack's Blackjack was not based on G1's Blackjack; i just needed another quasi-normal canon vs. fanon contrast to make Radiohead's seem more absurd.

So, Blackjack, are you interested and/or annoyed when i drop knowledge on you like this? (To quote the Junkions, "Oops, i did it again.")

Speaking of Junkions, in case you haven't heard, the A-Team Junkions are back on the shelf of my mental collection, along with Solder. i've made up a new character to try in this RP: Makeway. Roster profile forthcoming.

i did not want to godmode/retcon anyone else's character(s) when introducing Makeway, so i left it kind of open-ended by having him say, "I don't know if any of you remember me." While i don't think he's famous (and i don't think he thinks he's famous, either), that greeting could mean that any or all of the Autobots he's talking to have met him before, or it could mean any or all of them might have heard of him even if they've never met. Equally possible is that none of them have met him and none of them have heard of him. Any way you guys want to play it, i think it would be a good idea to plan it ahead of time instead of just making it up as we go. Or, we could give each other permission to make up minor details about each other's characters' pasts. Then we could make up stuff as we go: i could have Makeway say something like, "Remember that time in New York?", and even though none of us have discussed it OOC, Dinobot could have Dinobot remember it and say, "I told you it was the wrong subway tunnel!" and then Sideways could make up something for Sideways to say, like, "Blackjack and I were stuck in traffic anyhow."

i was actually thinking about having Makeway say something like, "Blackjack, you've upgraded!" or "New paint job, Dinobot?", or maybe having Makeway mistake Minerva for G1 Nightbeat ("New paint job, Nightbeat?")... but, i don't want to be putting words in your characters mouths or falsified datafiles in their memory banks. YOU decide if your characters have met and/or heard of Makeway before and let me know, and we'll go from there.

...It occurs to me that i've put a lot of thought and effort into Makeway, and yet i don't know where he was or what he was doing before Blackjack called for the Autobots to rendezvous at Iacon. i wonder if Makeway knew Cambreaker was leading the Autobots? i wonder if Makeway knows the Autobot leader has gone missing?

In conclusion, i just want to point out one thing:
Minerva wrote:we’ll have to bring him back to the Icaon medbay immediately.
"Icaon": This is what a friend has taught me to call a Typo Demon, but in this case, it came out pretty cool! It's like "Iacon" + "Kaon". Icaon must be where Bumblejumper's Brigade hangs out!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Oops! I didn't notice that typo. -Fixed!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

You know i'm not trying to be anal about everybody spelling everything exactly perfectly while using perfectly precise grammar, right? i don't want the story to get bogged down by everyone having to proofread constantly. As long as we get a good story going on (or at least some good character interactions) and everyone can understand what's happening, i think we're golden. i only pointed out "Icaon" because i thought it was neat that that particular typo was so similar to two very different words.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Don't worry about it. Even though the typo turned to to be kind of interesting, I still prefer to spell things right. :)
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

STARS Commando 539 wrote:Bonus points to BLACKJACK for using my distinguish-players-from-characters trick. Maybe it's not necessary, but i appreciate it. :-D

And who am i to complain about people not roleplaying on a regular basis? Shattered Plastic went into stasis lock, and i think it was partly because i started things i couldn't (or at least didn't) finish. It annoys me when somebody can't contribute regularly--especially when that somebody is me--but i don't blame that person or hold it against them... at least i don't think i do, and i don't mean to...

As for Blackjack's Blackjack, i knew Blackjack's Blackjack was not based on G1's Blackjack; i just needed another quasi-normal canon vs. fanon contrast to make Radiohead's seem more absurd.

So, Blackjack, are you interested and/or annoyed when i drop knowledge on you like this? (To quote the Junkions, "Oops, i did it again.")
Thanks. It helps but it's hard to remember to underline. Especially when you use my character and screen name four time interchangeably in the same sentence. :wink:

I'm not annoyed I just wanted to clarify that my character is completely original since that's been coming up a lot lately.

I appreciate it as well when someone I'm interacting with in the roleplay does respond in a timely fashion so we can keep moving. It's never a big concern if you're off doing your own thing when you're going to be missing. One of the best roleplay skills I've learned is how to write oneself out.

I suppose there is no Transformer name that is not used somewhere in G1 (or by the GoBots, lol Dumper). I like that version of Roulette as my version would look somewhat similar and probably behave somewhat similar as well without the sister betrayal thing.
Last edited by Blackjack on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

In a private message about RPs and post lengths, I wrote:i'd actually like to become a novelist--short posts don't come easy to me.

i'm also still learning how to RP--it's like having a whole bunch of co-authors, and sometimes no one's in charge of outlining the overall story! which is part of what makes it fun, i think. A part of you gets to be the writer, with control over what happens, and at the same time another part of you gets to be the reader, who doesn't know what's going to happen next.

But i was actually just writing a new post for the RP and worrying that it was too long... Fortunately my character talks fast enough that it makes some sense in the story for him to say so much in such a short period of time! i worry about people just going "tl;dr" ("too long; didn't read") in reply, though. So, no joke, do you think i should try for shorter posts?
On an unrelated note, BLACKJACK, Crapshoot is my gift to you. (The name came to me in association with Blackjack and Roulette, and i couldn't shake it. Now it's your problem.) Do whatever you want with him/her/it, including doing nothing if that's your inclination. i suspect he's a risk-taker with terrible aim--can't shoot worth crap, hence the name--but if you want the name for some other type of character, go nuts.
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Did somebody say "nuts"?

*reaches into the back of his garbge truck*

here you go!!

*reaches back into his garbage cargo again*

here have some more!!

*reaches once more in the back of his garbage cargo*

hhmmmm I beter not..... this should be plenty
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I like that name and I may have a use for it. Thanks, STARS. I'll consider that an early Christmas gift. Have to get you something now.

As a fellow would-be-novelist I understand why you're drawn to roleplay. If you really like having a story that you write but don't entirely fill with content another thing I would recommend is being the dungeon master for a game of Dungeons and Dragons. That is if you have a group that would be willing to do that. It's a very rewarding experience because you create the world, fill it will intrigue, action, etc. and then a bunch of other people come and create a story in your world. It's great.

I don't feel your posts are too long. I prefer them to be longer as long as they're detailed and interesting. If you just type a ton of stuff listing everything that goes through a character's mind and ramble on about pointless nonsense then it's too long. Some roleplay sites require a certain length of post. But as far as control of the story, don't worry too much, we all pitch in. Pretty soon we should be able to start getting an overall plot going so it's not just a random battle in the streets of Iacon.

I also want to say one thing. There have been a lot of people proposing multiple characters to me. And although I generally think that makes it difficult for a player to focus on any one character well enough to do a good roleplay, I am going to say go for it at the time being. Let's face it, there aren't enough Decepticons for how many Autobots we have. If anyone wants to play a Decepticon on the side be my guest. As we get more players we can drop characters as needed. That is all. Thank you.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i'll consider permission to roleplay multiple characters an early gift, Blackjack. We're square. (It's hip to be a square!)

i'll still try to limit the A-Team, though; wouldn't help a whole lot with the whole "RP needs more Decepticons" thing. i'll try to cook up something with Solder, instead. In fact, i may have an idea already...

Getting back to the A-Team, though--i've been trying to cut back on how much i use them, but i don't want to kill them off (not to mention how hard it is to kill Junkions) and i don't want to retcon them out of the game entirely. Trouble is, if they're in the game at all, the most logical thing for them to do right now would be to try to rescue Wreck-Gar... only WRECK-GAR, DIRGE, and TT seem to have something in the works. So i'll ask the three of you: Is there anything you specifically want--or more likely don't want--the A-Team to do? For example, i can have them look for Wreck-Gar but not find him (and therefore not find Dirge, Pinstripe, or any of Pinstripe's gang). (Depending what you/your characters have planned, you might want to send me the answer in a private message. You also don't have to tell me what you have planned--i usually prefer to avoid spoilers anyway--just tell me how not to mess it up.)

[g2g, grumble grumble; post incomplete, but... whatever.]
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Well you can do whatever you'd like with the A-Team, but as I think I mentioned in the roleplay one of Blackjack's first goals is going to be to get a rescue party out there for Wreck-Gar. In the meantime they can go off and look on their own if they want.

I wanted to apologize for the leave of absence I've had lately. Came down with some kind of cold/flu thing that's been keeping me out of work and off these boards for a while. And now I'm going to be taking at trip to St. Louis for Thanksgiving so I don't intend to be back on here until next Monday. For anyone who's waiting on me in Iacon, sorry. I'll check that before I go, but I'll probably just put the meeting off until I get back. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and if you travel, be safe.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'd like to bring my character online, but I'm waiting for Minerva to give me the OK. I am not sure if anything else needs to be done..
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Blackjack wrote:Came down with some kind of cold/flu thing that's been keeping me out of work and off these boards for a while. And now I'm going to be taking at trip to St. Louis for Thanksgiving so I don't intend to be back on here until next Monday.
i think that means you're feeling better? i hope that means you're feeling better. Feel better! And have a safe tr-- Um, had a safe trip?
Blackjack wrote:Well you can do whatever you'd like with the A-Team, but as I think I mentioned in the roleplay one of Blackjack's first goals is going to be to get a rescue party out there for Wreck-Gar. In the meantime they can go off and look on their own if they want.
Oops. You did mention that. And i thought i was reading everybody's posts so carefully... Sorry. Luckily, the Junkions (at least the ones on the A-Team) are loyal enough to Wreck-Gar that it makes sense for the characters to put their own rescue plans into motion without waiting for Blackjack or any of the other Autobots.
Sideways wrote:I'd like to bring my character online, but I'm waiting for Minerva to give me the OK. I am not sure if anything else needs to be done..
Well, i'm not Minerva (and i'm not Minerva either), but i'm giving you the okay. i think i've set up an intro you can use. (If you don't want to use it, well, those sounds Makeway heard must not have been words, after all. Or maybe one of the systems Sideways is hooked up to was giving a status report verbally.) And if you do decide that Sideways is waking up, but for some reason Minerva doesn't want your character getting up and into the game yet (and i really can't imagine why she wouldn't), she can just have Minerva give Sideways "doctor's orders" or something. (Despite what Makeway said, Minerva was planning on letting a CR chamber put the finishing touches on Sideways's repairs.)

TT, i just want to say that Moonshine is my favorite kind of Transformer name--the kind of name that has a particular meaning on Earth, but would also make sense without that meaning as the name of a TF even if the TFs never even heard of Earth.

Also, Pinstripe (well, Deuce) has a device that can scan TFs' surface thoughts. Blackjack has something like that built in, doesn't he? Could be interesting to see what happens when Blackjack and Pinstripe pit their mind-reading capabilities against one another...

i'm thinking about playing Skywarp, at least for a little while. Dirge and Roadbuster had Dirge and Skywarp working together for a bit, but Roadbuster is no longer playing Skywarp. Player stops playing the character doesn't mean the character just disappears, though (although if it does, Skywarp's a logical one to do the disappearing).

i may or may not stop playing Skywarp if i figure out this thing i'm thinking about doing with Solder.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'd like to make something clear about Pinstripe and Deuce. They're not the same person, Deuce just functions as a body double for Pinstripe when they're short on personnel. Pinstripe would preferably stay behind the lines, but at least this way if negotiations go sour, they might shoot for Deuce first, thinking him the leader. Pinstripe will be more talkative when he's meeting someone more on HIS terms.

Also, about names, I take liberties with earth-based names, because in several series the Transformers explain they are actually codenames chosen to analog something in the culture familiar to the listener.

To humans, Moonshine is something illegal destitute farmers distilled in the woods to fill a gap in the demand of their culture, but Moonshine the transformer could be known for creating some other illegal product that Licisians or Cybertronians wanted on popular scale, but could not legally obtain. Further, Pinstripe to us signifies a decoration on a car or a suit indicating style, taste, or affluence, but in the cybertronian culture it could be a comparable symbol of wealth and style beside a line of paint or stitching.

Cambreaker is just because it sounds cool, and at the time it didn't result in anything on Google search (since then, some jeep-driving youtuber has adapted the name. Grr.)

EDIT: about the mind-reading data pad. Blackjack's is way more advanced. The data-pad only taps into one really easy part of the mind to read... what someone truly wants at the moment. If used on Blackjack, it would likely show Roulette alive and well somewhere. I find it to be an interesting device, and even if the DSM goes away, I might have it fall into another character's hands for fun.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Think of it like this, TT: Your fanfic TF was so cool, some YouTube user adopted the same name as a screen name!

i know that Deuce and Pinstripe are separate individuals, i know Pinstripe's in charge, and i get that Deuce is a kind of decoy for Pinstripe; i'm trying to play Skywarp as someone who's fallen for the ploy, so right now Skywarp thinks Deuce is the leader of Pinstripe's gang and thinks Pinstripe is just an underling.

i am having a little trouble picturing Pinstripe's gang, though (does Skywarp tower over Fleetside like G1 Skyfire towers over G1 Bumblebee? or is Skywarp slightly shorter than Fleetside, like G1 Red Alert is slightly shorter than G1 Inferno? and are Deuce, Pinstripe, and Fleetside all the same size? the same shape, like G1 Starscream, G1 Thundercracker, & G1 Skywarp, or slightly different, like G1 Dirge, G1 Thrust, & G1 Sunstorm, or totally different, like G1 Ravage, G1 Soundwave, & G1 Wingthing?), and i'm finding it surprisingly difficult to keep track of who's who (and/or who's what) in my mind with just names and color-coded voices. TT, could i trouble you for just a quick list of the members of Pinstripe's gang (at least any you have developed for the RP so far) and their alternate modes? i don't need full profiles for each of them like you have for Pinstripe and Chopper, just a list (perhaps color-coded), like this (with their real alternate modes, of course):

Pinstripe -- a '38 Ford Deluxe Coupe*
Deuce -- a '38 Ford Deluxe Coupe?
Chopper -- gun (scaled to be wielded by a car-sized TF**?)
Fleetside -- garbage truck?
Moonshine*** -- Cosmos redeco? ;-)
Drive-by*** -- helicopter? :-P

*Ignorant as i am of nonfiction vehicles, "1930s era car" might be a more useful reference for me. (Or a picture like you posted with Pinstripe's profile could be useful.)

**"car-sized TF", not "normal-sized TF", since there is no real normal--we've got Rumble and The Last Autobot wandering around here somewhere, so if Chopper is the right size to be wielded by Pinstripe (a car-sized TF, as evidenced by the fact that he turns into a car), then Chopper is not the right size to be wielded by the likes of Rumble or TLA. Right? (Or is he variably scaled, like G1 Megatron, who could be wielded by a Decepticon jet or a Human?)

***i don't think Moonshine and Drive-by have actually been in the RP yet; if you want to keep their altmodes for a surprise if/when they actually do show up (or if you haven't decided on their altmodes yet), you don't need to list them.

A curiosity thing, too: Do any members of Pinstripe's gang have altmodes not from 1930s-1940s Earth? As for the ones with '30s-'40s altmodes, when/how did they get their altmodes? (Like, were they on Earth then, or did they get to Earth recently and scan the set of a gangster movie?)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pinstripe- 38 Ford Deluxe Coupe
Deuce- 32 Ford Roadster
Chopper- M1928 Thompson
Fleetside- 32 Ford Sedan Delivery
Drive-by- 34 Ford Phaeton
Tux- Rolls Royce Phantom V (adapted in from the GoBot)
Moonshine- just a name, but she'd probably be a modern sporty Cadillac, like a CTS-V Coupe

Other answers: Most of the cars are the size of 1984 G1 Autobot cars. Fleetside is bigger, like an Autobot truck- Ironhide, or Trailbreaker.
Chopper is like Megatron- he scales to fit. Sitting on Pinstripe's seat, he's a 1:1 replica of a human gun, but as Pinstripe transforms, he'd scale up to a giant (relative to fleshbags) version, and in robot mode, he's quite a brute, about the size of a seeker. The reason for this is that he's not descended from Autobots like the actual Licisian gangsters, he's a later recruit: a built-for-war Decepticon.
As for their modes, they WERE on earth in the '30s, probably selling illegal earth gutrot to aliens or something, obviously unaware of the presence of dormant Transformers in Oregon... They'd have been in the midwest or toward the east coast. Since they haven't changed their modes since, they've either been amongst only each other, or places where a mode change is unnecessary, like Monacus, where there is no need to blend with the locals.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm gonna put myself in the CR chamber and repair my systems. After that's completed, I am gonna put myself to work checking Iacon's systems and repairing whatever needs it.

I've also decided to change my alt mode to something a bit more... exotic.

I'm not gonna be a stock Delorean, nor am I gonna be a copy of the BttF Delorean. I'll retain the hover mode, and the black bits over the tail lights (Thrusters in hover mode?) I have removed the internal time travel electronics as well as the Mr.Fusion.

The story I will reveal a bit now. This is Sideways' final and most technically advanced alt mode to date. Some of his experiments (like hover mode) were perfected in this alt mode. He still retains his top speed of about 210MPH, 0 to 60 in 7 seconds.

A more recent experiment caused severe damage to his current alt mode and forced him into stasis until his recent rescue.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

i always figured that would be a perfect alt mode for TT LOL!!

I always liked the delorean car. It's just so unique.

What happens if you drive over 88mph?