Makeshift Hangar of the Sanos Traco

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Makeshift Hangar of the Sanos Traco

Post by Time Traveller »

You boys wah almost late for our meeting.

Pinstripe spoke menacingly to Tux and Drive-by.

But ya know we wouldn't let ya down, boss, rite?

I'd cehtainly hope not. Now report.

Well, we brought yas somethin' boss, said Drive-by as he transformed. Fleetside and Deuce came from around the ship as Drive-by opened Tux's rear door and reached inside. Chopper loomed behind Pinstripe, smirking.

What'd youse goons find out deah? Yas baely made it tree clicks from da ship!
Chopper taunted.

Drive-by stood with the jet-black box in hand as Tux transformed, smiling triumphantly. Drive-by extended the box to Pinstripe, offering it.

We found a transformeh's spahk chambeh, Chopper.

A devious smile spread across Pinstripe's face as he accepted the former Decepticon leader's spark chamber and inspected it for damage. As he felt its warmth and held his audioreceptor to it, his smile widened.

You boys made a good hustle. This is the sorta thing that oughta happen if we's gonna do well in these parts. Fleetside, hook this thing up to a power source, audioreceptor, and a vocalizer. Time to figure out who's gonna want this thing back... and what they're gonna be willing to pay for it. Re-energize boys, with this thing and Deuce's area recon, we're already off to a good start in this neighborhood!

Fleetside delicately lifted the armored core and brought it to a workbench he'd cleared in the hanger. Within a breem, he had the audios and vocalizers hooked up to Galvatron's spark chamber, and he and Pinstripe waited anxiously as the first sounds of static emitted from the vocalizer......

Maybe it's dead, suggested Fleetside in a deep and morose tone.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

After staring intently at the box for a while longer, Pinstripe acknowledges Fleetside's suspicion.

Maybe it is, but our buyers don't need to know that. We outta leave it hooked up just in case.

Pinstripe stowed the box in his extradimensional cargo hold for safekeeping. Just then, Deuce burst in, a half drank energon cube still in one hand

Boss! We got majah activity in da north, by Iacon! Sounds like some action's goin' down!

I've changed my mind Fleetside, hang onto this! I'm going to see what kind of businesses operate around here. Deuce, make scarce, and see what ya can see. Drive-by, Tux: stand guard. Do not start anything unless they find you first! Do not start anything you can't finish! Fleetside, power down the Sanos Traco, but keep the capacitors warm. I want this operation to be as quiet as an energon still on W. Virgon, and as ready to bail as a speakeasy on Yorkon IV! Chopper, you're with me. Autobots, transform!

With that, Pinstripe transforms into an unassuming '38 Ford and opens his passenger door. Chopper transforms into trench gun mode and lands on the seat. The other crew go to their posts as Pinstripe peels out on whitewall tires for Iacon.

You boys better keep quiet this time...
Fleetside warned in an exasperated tone as he trudged off to power down the ship.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

The '38 Ford races to Iacon. The a strange spark in his trunk. Pinstripe hits every bump in the road on his way. Strangly enough, Pinstripe also was carrying a cargo case of 9volt batteries. The batteries bounced into the strange spark. A small glow from the spark began to shine. A faint voice cracked through as if it were it's first time ever speaking..

Gig-

It-

Teeeeeee
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The Royal Flush cruises arcoss Cybertron until a 'ship' can be seen in the distance. Or at least what could pass as a ship. It is well concealed and seems all but abandoned. But Blackjack knows the DSM all too well. Until a short time ago this area had been vacant and now there was a disguised ship there. He pulled the large vehicle within range of communications without getting close enough that he would make them nervous. These 'business' types always wanted to make certain they had the advantage or they wouldn't deal. And he was looking to make a deal.

Alright, Pinstripe. This is Blackjack. I'm here and I'm looking to do business.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pinstripe sits in recharge sleep at the copilot's helm of the Sanos Traco, with his feet kicked up on the dash. His troops had regrouped, many of them had taken guard or patrol stations already, except for Fleetside, who sits quietly with his back against the wall, thinking quietly to himself, and still shaken by the events in the Kaon city state. Out of the blue, the broadband frequency interceptor crackles to life. Pinstripe jolts awake.

Alright, Pinstripe. This is Blackjack. I'm here and I'm looking to do business.

Well, well. This could be a turn of a friendly card, Pinstripe says as he jabs the nodding Deuce to snap him out of recharge.

This is Pinstripe. I'd be much obliged if you'd approach slowly with your primary weapons systems deactivated, though I'll understand if you keep your sidearm. I'll see you outside shortly.
Just then, Tux bursts in.

Boss, deah's somebody out there, and dey got dat big Autobot tank. What do we do?

Simple, Tux. We play the game. Let him approach, and make sure the main cannon isn't charged.

Pinstripe walks out of the hangar, Chopper in his storage compartment, quickly deducing the tank's direction through the thick shadows by the sound of it's howling turbine and clatter of its treads as Blackjack edges closer. Pinstripe stands confidently as the lime light of the Flush's headlamps wash over him, flooding his optics. He smiles.

Welcome, Blackjack! Would you like some refreshments, or
he stretches his finger linkages, causing them to click and reset loudly shall we get right down to the business you've come to do?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As the Royal Flush creeps forward towards the strange ship, Blackjack is rewarded with the comm chatter containing the voice he wants to hear. He deactivates the weapon systems of the Flush. He hadn't come on any mission of hostility anyway, but the Flush was needed for protection since he'd come alone. He decides that he will keep his sidearm, there was no point getting sloppy just because he was willing to bet they wouldn't blast him. He could see Pinstripe himself had come out to meet him, alone. He stopped the tank and popped the hatch.

What in the pit are you doing Jack. You think you can actually trust this guy?

We're leaving them alone on Cybatron. The way I see it, I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I just hope you know what you're doing.

He dismounts as Pinstripe invites him in, Been a while since I had good cold Energon. Sure I'll sit down with ya for a moment.

He knew that the DSM had their own Energon distilleries, but had never been able to pinpoint where. It was the best kept secret he'd heard of. In any case their brand was top of the market on Monacus and he thought he knew why. Not only did they have the muscle to run competitors out of business, it was one of the best Energon brews he'd ever tried. He follows Pinstripe.

As for business. I'm looking to buy some protection.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pinstripe gave Blackjack a winning smile. "Protection" was his favorite business, and he knew Blackjack knew it. Step by step, Blackjack approached the gangster, feeling the watchful eyes of the other goons upon him. Pinstripe led him right into the hangar, where a well-lit table was set up with some crates for sitting, ornate glass flasks for drinking, and colorful hexagonal cards for playing. Pinstripe offered Blackjack to sit, after introducing Tux and Drive-by on their way in.

Well, Blackjack, it seems we have some common goals already, since you've come here. Let's dispense with the games people play and cut to the chase. What sort of protection services will you be looking for?

Pinstripe poured them both a flask of his finest, and took a sip.

Don't hold back... you know as long as your money talks louder than the Decepticons, you'll have our full cooperation.

Pinstripe took another sip of his highly refined energon, as Blackjack considered his words. Surprisingly, Pinstripe found himself enjoying dealing with the Autobot... the Decepticons he'd dealt with in the past had always been so thoughtless, unimaginative, and downright droll.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack sipped the Energon. It was as good as ever. Pinstripe got down to business immediately. He'd been introduced to the goons guarding the entrance to the ship's hangar and he knew that Pinstripe was always holding onto Chopper in case of emergencies. Pinstripe was certainly standing on higher ground and he needed to tread lightly.

First of all, about the only thing I can pay ya in is Energon. The Autobots don't have much right now. Maybe some other time I can pay ya proper.

He leaned back on the crate. There were a lot of things he needed to be careful of when dealing with these types. But as long as they were payed right he wouldn't have to worry. The Decepticons had tried to kill them and that would count against them if they ever wanted any of the services Pinstripe could provide.

The Autobots are headin' into space on a little trip. We think the 'cons are also leavin' for a while but we need someone to keep an eye on Iacon while we're gone. Someone to 'protect' it. There's an automatic defense system, but its haywire at the moment. I'm not sayin' you should all stay behind on a dead planet, we just need somebody to watch the place while we're out.

He kept his eyes on Pinstripe, aware that at any time he may have to fight for his life. Still he always enjoyed dealing with the DSM, it made him feel young again, not that he was all that old and wise to begin with.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pinstripe leaned back in thought for a moment. Day after day, our associates collect energon for our organization, so I'm afraid it's not of high importance to me. What I'm most interested in now is technology and information. I would consider it helpful toward your payment if I could use that tank... The Royal Flush, is it called?... to help defend your base. After all, with the size of the shuttle pod that picked you up from Kaon, you can't take it with you, so it would sit at Iacon. What good is it then? You won't be there to use it.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Pinstripe was playing a dangerous game. There was no way he could just leave the Flush with them but at the same time he couldn't think of one good reason to reveal why it was that they couldn't have it. If it had been just a tank, then that was fine, he could replace it. But it was a part of him now, he felt connected to it, linked. He couldn't go searching for Cambreaker and leave a part of himself behind. He decided to play a dangerous card in the dangerous game.

I can't give you the Flush, I plan on usin' it on the mission. It has the capability to cruise through space on its own. But I can give you the plans to build your own. With no Autobots on the planet you'd have permission to use our factory at Tagon Heights to help you build it.

He studied Pinstripe's face. The other Autobots were probably getting anxious for him to return but he had to close the deal to Pinstripe's satisfaction or he might not make it out alive. He didn't want to give them access to the Heights, but he needed someone to guard their interests while they were away.

As for information, I'd be willing to give you anything that I can. So how about it, that's my offer. You take it or you leave it.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pinstripe's optics gleam as he hears the faint knock of a monumental opportunity.

It's funny you should say that, I think this arrangement will work better for us anyway. But I should advise you to permit us security from any auto-defenses at the factory. I would hate for this to be the very last time we deal...
It seems this will require a measure of trust from both of us, or perhaps just that ignorance is bliss.

Pinstripe chuckles and leans toward Blackjack, raising his flask of fine energon for a toast to their accord.

I'm sure you recall from Monacus, though... I'm willing to try anything once. Cheers.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack leaned forward and met the toast, although inside he felt that he was making a risky move. He would have to speak to Rattrap about bypassing the security in Tagon and he was certain his friend may have a breakdown when he told him the deal he had just made. He wasn't certain that Rattrap trusted him. It was understandable considering the type of life he had lead.

To good business, Pinstripe, he said to the DSM leader and he threw back the glass and set it down, I should get back to the Autobots but I'll make certain that the Tagon Heights facility is open to ya and that the plans you need are waitin' there.

He stood up from the table and started to walk away slowly, making certain he had permission from Pinstripe before he tried to get out. When dealing with these mafia types there was an old saying "you can run, but if they want to find you, they will." He turned before leaving to say one last thing.

Thanks for the chat, Pinstripe. Maybe we'll meet along the road together some other time.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yes, I'd best let you get back, Pinstripe said after Blackjack stood and stretched his servos to leave. I imagine your troops are more and more lost without you, he chuckled.

I'm sure we will meet again before we go to live our separate lives.

And Blackjack... If you're looking for that old Autobot war cruiser... you're not the only 'bot doing so. There's somebody out there.

Pinstripe winked at Blackjack, who had tuned to hear the last remark, and then ducked into the Sanos Traco before he had to explain himself.

Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack shook his head to clear his sensors as he climbed aboard the Royal Flush. The bot that had shot him many cycles ago had been downright civil, even friendly. But they did have common interests and he wasn't the law abiding Autobot officer he'd once been. And yet that moment, the day he'd died, didn't resonate with him as strongly as the day that she had died. He wished he could hear the voice again, just so he wouldn't feel so alone. But the only voice in his head now was that of Brakkas.

That went over smooth. How you gonna get Rattrap to let those clowns into the Heights.

I'll figure something out. He doesn't know them as well as I do. Pinstipe gave me his woird on this one and although he may be a slimy son of an Ick-Yak at times, he's true to his woird.

You're a piece of work, Jack. Let's get home.

Blackjack smiled to himself and leaned back in the Flush as it guided itself back towards Iacon. He thought that he may open the Covenant again to read more tales of mystery and imagination. He had just found the book and was about to open it when the Flush hit a hole in the highway and bounced Blackjack and the book around. It opened itself to a page, which read Gensis Ch.1 v.32.

And Primus created them, thirteen in all, in his own image. And they were each given a power over one part of his creation..........And the eigth was given the power to control time iteslf and to watch over and guard Primus's children from threats outside of time.

He stared at the page in awe. It was the answer. There was one 'bot in existence who could tell him how to find Cambreaker. But where could he find that 'bot.