Far Ago and Long Away

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Far Ago and Long Away

Post by Time Traveller »

Cambreaker stepped through the docking clamp’s airlock onto the strange asteroid.

There’s no future in the past, Cambreaker. Why are you so far away from home?

You’re the traveller?

The red robot nodded. He was almost as big as Cambreaker, and seemed coolly unperturbed by the big Autobot’s stony gaze. Cambreaker was unperturbed at the robot’s initial reluctance.

Temporalia.

Cambreakah, you been idlin’ high ever since tha election. What’s chewing ya plug wires?

It’s Halfshaft, Blackjack. He’s got more and more of an agenda in Kaon. He’s been showing up to the senate chambers with hairline scratches in his otherwise perfect paint.

What, he’s campaignin’ so hahd he ain’t got time ta polish?

You ever been to the pit fights?

Yeah…

You know that fine gritty sand that gets in your joints and scratches them all to the scrap?

Temporalia.

Minerva… If I don’t make it… Remember our discussion about who would… carry on… You’ll have to call……

Temporalia.
Hold on, Cambreaker. You’re getting close.

Blackjack, if only you could be here. I hope you’re doing better than I am.

Cambreaker slinks lower along the wall, crawling and scrabbling along the narrow edge. He could hear the maniacal cackle of the Emperor of Destruction just overhead.

Temporalia.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Cambreaker followed the red 'bot deeper into the hollowed-out asteroid

I wouldn't want to be like you, Cambreaker. You're going to be torn apart by this endless and pointless war, and beside that, now you've got a burr in your rotator about a war in another time? You can't always be the nucleus of every...

Cambreaker has had enough nagging.

Will you SHUT UP and just...

Temporalia.

Cambreaker looked on with a stone cold expression on his faceplates as the gladiator named Megatron prepared to end the life of some hapless former miner whose name would be lost in the annals of prewar Cybertronian history. Pulling his cloak closer around him, Cambreaker watched the spectacle, hiding his disdain and disgust, as not to arouse the suspicion of the armed and over-energized rabble all around him.

Temporalia.
Oh that's it, Cambreaker, don't let the moment pass. Savor it. Never mind you're already far away from home.

Cambreaker's conscience stirs.

Focus! You must guide yourself. You're on your own.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Temporalia

...get me to the time and place where Galvatron has crushed...
Cam continues as the red 'bot rolls his eyes unamusedly.

Temporalia.

So what, ya sayin' Halfshaft is gonna team up wit that Megacan fella?

It makes sense! Megatron is brilliantly charismatic, but he couldn't devise a plot for two cohorts to blast their way out of a glass cage. Halfshaft has ALWAYS had an interest in strategy...

Temporalia.

DECEPTICONS! WITH THE AUTOBOTS UTTERLY CRUSHED, AND THIS OMNIPOTENT DEVICE, I, GALVATRON RULE THE UNIVERSE!!! BWAHAHAHAHA! DECEPTICONS FOREVER!

decepticons forever! decepticons forever! decepticons forever!

If only you could see this, you'd understand why I had to leave... I hope you'll all forgive me... I'll miss you when I go...

Cambreaker shuffles his back up and peeks over his shoulder to see. His helmet crests above the pile of fresh Autobot corpses. Oil and Energon spill from their slaughtered bodies, pooling in shallow slicks in the pits and craters of the shattered alien hilltop. The sun is rising high in the blue blue sky, like a sick parody of an idyllic victory of good.

Temporalia.

Almost, Cambreaker.

As far as my optics can see... There are....Shadows...

Minerva pulls Cambreaker's hand, held tightly in hers, to her chest. His optics dim.

That's not for you, yet. Concentrate! You have a universe to save and all that.

Minerva had said something while the red robot was blathering.

No one can love you better than me...

Temporalia.

The red Transformer side-kicks Cambreaker in the grill, and Cambreaker doubles over and crashes down on his skidplate, totaling some shelves of spare carburetor parts against the wall behind him.

DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS THING OR NOT? COOPERATE! LISTEN!

Cambreaker detaches his head from his body. It transforms into a miniature robot replica of his original body. He turns to look at it once again.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Temporalia.

Cambreaker is nervous for the first time since the Betrayal at Iacon. Not because he fears the enemy, but because he fears the horrific vision that lies behind him. All those bots that may have been his friends if he had started in this universe. All those dead....locals. He tries to psych himself up.

I can see around corners. I can see for miles.

He closes his eyes and kicks his respirator fans into high, taking in a gush of air to cool his circuits.

He stands bolt upright, and swings his legs up onto the hilltop. He takes no time to survey the scene, the oceans of frenzied scions to the Emperor of Destruction, the morbid carpeting of dead underfoot. The faint moans of those still barely alive. The crowd before the Emperor suddenly draws to a confused hush. Galvatron spreads his arms in a wide triumphant gesture, not hearing the mighty battleaxe being drawn behind him. Cambreaker spreads his arms, bearing weapon and shield, in a gladiator's challenge. He'd seen many gladiators do this before.

GALVATRON. The winds have changed. The storm is over.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Galvatron turns around to voice behind him.

Whoever you are. You're too late! I have claimed my VICTORY!!

Galvatron raises his right arm showing the stranger his laser cannon.
Still glowing hot from previous kills....

You look like you hold a large spark. Just exactly what I need!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You'll claim neither victory nor another spark today, Galvatron.

Cambreaker assumes a battle stance with his truck-topper shield in front of him, and his mighty battleaxe raised overhead.

Bring it on, Decepticon. At least then you can CLAIM to have tried.

The crowd behind Galvatron is completely enraptured with the spectacle before them on the bloody hilltop. Little do they notice the ragtag force of veteran Autobots that Cambreaker had recruited and unified, sneaking up to ambush and rout the overconfident, overenergized masses.
Last edited by Time Traveller on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I have Cybertron conquered! I have Earth in the palm of my hand!
The universe is nonoclicks away from being under my full control!!
No puny hero such as yourself will ever stop me!!!

Galvatron fires his laser cannon in which was blocked by the shield.
Cambreaker swings his battleaxe aimed at Galvatron's neck. Galvatron blocks the axe with his arm. The axe goes deep into Galvatron's metal armor. Cambreaker attempts to pull the axe back but Galvatron uses it to pull Cambreaker in closer.

I'll destroy you with my bare hands!!

Galvatron takes a swing with his other arm but once again is blocked by the shield.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Cambreaker abandons his axe as Galvatron's flurry of blows throws him off balance. Rolling to the ground on his back, he kicks Gavatron in the abdomen with both feet. As Galvatron hurdles back, the axe finally loosens and clatters to the ground, skidding away from Cambreaker, who rolls up to stand. Galvatron sees the unarmed Autobot about to straighten himself and stand, and has long since given up mercy or honor.

DIE, you miserable Autobot!

Galvatron's first blast hits the shield squarely, requiring Cambreaker to brace himself against the force. The second shot whizzes past Cambreaker's audio receptor. Galvatron takes aim one final time, sneering at the drama this has added to his celebration, unaware that the cries and cheers erupting behind him are actually the clangor of battle...perhaps of massacre.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

It's a pity you Autobots are not made of stronger material. I would have more fun killing you if I had a challenge.

Listen to the crowd. They cheer for your DEATH. BWAHAHAHAAA
Now.... give me your spark!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Never. Cambreaker utters coldly.

Galvatron fires another fully-charged blast directly at Cambreaker. The shot deflects off Cambreaker's shield at an odd angle and slams into the plinth supporting the strange device.

Agh! The time machine!

The time machine...

Cambreaker dives for the haft of his axe while Galvatron's attention is distracted by the potential damage to his horrific device. Rolling up to his feet, he slams the back of the axe into the control panel of the machine, and it begins to thrum loudly, the thrashing of a trapped creature inside emanating from the large chamber.

NO! You fool! You've destroyed it!
Galvatron shrieks as he raises his cannon and fires again. Cambreaker ducks the blast, having anticipated an attack from behind as he sunders the machine. The blast sinks into a strange energy receptacle that had extended from the machine in error. It retracts again, still crackling from the energy of Galvatron's blast.

I'll tear you apart! Galvatron roars as he lunges for the battered Autobot.

It's too late now to count the costs, Galvatron... Cambreaker parries Galvatron and slams him into the casing of the device, cracking the welds of the chamber and Galvatron's helmet.

It's too late now... the magic's lost! The spell is broken!
Cambreaker puts Galvatron in a headlock and spins him to face the scene of his once-victorious warriors being cut down en masse by the Autobot guerillas. After gaping slack-jawed for a moment, Galvatron breaks free and lands an alloy-bending punch on Cambreaker's jaw. Cambreaker reels back, collapsing against the machine. The loosened piece of casing falls away. Galvatron surges forward to batter the Autobot again, but after landing two blows Cambreaker winds up and kicks him away.

By Primus...
Cambreaker is speechless.

He sees the pink and white female Autobot shuddering hard as though in seizure in the machine's chamber. She is half flayed, her armor and skin stripped away, her skun bolted and nailed to the inside of the machine like a dissected lab rat. Wires and tubes connect her interior mechanisms to the chamber's walls. Her eyes are dark, but the energy of Galvatron's cannon crackles through her.

Cambreaker recognizes Elita-1.

That's right, Autobot. Even your own leaders become weapons in my hands! Galvatron rasps from behind him, grinning proudly, a maniacally sinister look in his eyes.
THAT. Is why your kind will NEVER defeat me! Bwahahahaha!

The purpose of Elita-1's grotesque vivisection occurs to Cambreaker....

to be concluded...
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Galvatron looks over Elita-1 and sees his troops are being destroyed.

This cannot happen!! YOU! DESTROYED!!

In the distance an Autobot yells out..

CAMBREAKER! DESTROY HIM!!!!

Galvatron hears the name for the first time.

CAMBREAKER! I shall never forget that name! I will destroy you if it's the last thing I ever do!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You've already done your last thing, Galvatron! Cambreaker professes as he dodges a tackle from the big Decepticon. He turns and shoulders Galvatron hard in the back, making him stumble and lose his balance.

Your time here is FINISHED! Cambreaker uses the back of his axe to smash away more of the shrouding from the diabolical machine's chamber. In moments, Galvatron is charging him again, firing and cursing wildly. A blast slams into Cambreaker's left shoulder armor.

I said GIVE UP!
Cambreaker grapples the Emperor of destruction as he tries another tackle, getting his body low and grabbing for the beast's purple cranium. Eventually, Cambreaker flings him away. The din of the massacre below has faded, and the Autobot guerrillas look in shock and tension.

Cambreaker uses the seconds of reprieve from the Decepticon's assault to raise his axe above the skun Autobot on the altar before him.

Galvatron looks on in horror, his microprocessors playing out the results of this next piece in great detail. It was too late. Cambreaker realized what the infernal device was, and, in destroying it, would truly ruin everything. There would be no coming back, only certain destruction. The reckless Autobot, Galvatron, and perhaps all those present would be destroyed, completely and utterly.

The axe blade glinted and flashed, dropping through the air toward Elita-1. It connected, severing the remnants of her torso in two. Immediately, the universe began to destabilize. Her final destruction, coupled with the energy absorbed by the machine from Galvatron's stray blast, overloaded the delicate circuitry that controlled the space-time fissure deep in her heart. The now-familiar rift tore open, quickly devouring the machine, as Cambreaker stumbled back. It crackled and whirled menacingly, drawing corpses, dirt, and all other flotsam and jetsam into it's dark folds.

You first, creep.

Cambreaker kicked him into the black tear.

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!

as the tear grew and warped the space and time flow around it, Cambreaker stepped toward the guerrillas, slack-jawed with horror.

Autobots... My time here, too, is through. Go forth and rebuild. Return to Cybertron. Use what I have taught you to defeat their scattered forces. Leave this planet, Earth. It's inhabitants will only betray you while you are weak. Find the secret to survival.....

Goodbye.

He stepped back, letting the rift draw him in, disappearing into the blackness. The tear abated instantly, all having been set right again. It left only a smoldering hemispherical crater on the hilltop, having cleaned away all the evidence of what had happened here, save for the fine gray dust settling in the bottom of the caldera.

Temporalia.

Cambreaker came to in the asteroid lab, his body smoking, his head spinning. His head... He was looking at his headless, upgraded body before him.
Cambreaker transformed into his Headmaster mode, and hopped down off of his old body. His new one immediately sense him, lifted him, and applied him upon the shoulders. Cambreaker, attached to his armored transtector, reached down and grabbed the axe.
After a moment's consideration, he holstered it and strode out toward the docked Ætherspite.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Temporalia.

If you hate humans so much, why are your known alternate modes all Earth human vehicles?

Cambreaker said, eying Time Traveller suspiciously.

WHY DO YOU? You weren't even ON earth until a couple meta-cycles ago. Yet you transformed into an earthen race truck millennia before it was conceived. We speak ENGLISH, a human language only a few vorns old in its current form. Explain that! NO. We don't ask such questions in the roleplay.

TT finally burst. Cambreaker furrowed his browplates slightly, before asking coolly,

We're in a roleplay? Like, a game of some sort?

YOU...... ugh.