TFL Archive Survey- Please Read!

Tell us what you think of our website and services! Ask any questions about forum operations. TFL Inventory updates are also posted here! If you have questions about an order, please reply to your order email.

Moderators: Time Traveller, trance

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

TFL Archive Survey- Please Read!

Post by Time Traveller »

TFL ARCHIVE SURVEY

Hallo, all! As some of you know, and many of you are about to find out, archiving is one of my favorite things to do for TFL, and with my collection. I’ve spent many hours and countless AA batteries in the camera taking thousands of pictures of my collection for the archives, including Beast Wars, Alternators, Cybertron, Movie and more. With pictures of the ROTF archive being updated as I get my hands on the toys, we’ve finally caught up to the current series.
So, I have at least a little time on my hands, I’d like to add some additional functionality to the archive. Trance has already done such a fantastic job with the parts identifier that there’s not much more that can be done. So.

Help us help you. Fill out this survey. Take your time, pass it to friends who use the archive but not the forum, email it in, carve it on a rock and toss it through my window (NOT), whatever works.

1. How often do you use the Transformerland Archive?

2. What do you most often use the archive for? Explain if necessary. (Identification, checking for completeness, measurements, price guide, mold match, ogling figs you don’t have, studying for the test, other)

3. What series/era do you access most? (G1, Beast Era, Unicron Trilogy, Movie, etc.)

4. What series would you like to see expanded or added most?

5. What functions would you like to see most? List in order of importance: Sound/video archive for electronic figures, instructions, mode pictures with accessories attached/multiple angles, more sealed pics, other (explain)

6. What improvements would you want made to existing archive features?

7. Do you reference other toy photo archives? If so, for what? (no need to name the site, just what they have that TFL does not … yet)

8. Do you use TFL as a toy reference more or less often than other sites?

9. What’s your favorite part of the TFL archive?

10. What do you feel TFL has to offer that other sites do not?

11. Anything else you’d like to ask or comment?

Thanks for your time, I’m looking forward to reading the answers! We’ll discuss any questions or comments in separate threads.
Last edited by Time Traveller on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I've already received some helpful responses by PM for this survey.
Some strengths we seem to have are:
Thumbnail image lists
Name search feature
Part/Figure identifier
Price guide
An attached store
... All thanks to Trance and his programming-fu.

Some constructive criticisms:
More responsive error correction
Accessory price guides
Make the mold matched figures as a list (Currently, try clicking "Mold Reassignments" under the figure's picture)

And many seem to want transformed pics.

As for usage, it seems many of you love to use our unknown part lookup, primarily for newer figures... Older figures are probably easier to identify. There also seems to be a little interest for an instruction archive.

Thanks for your responses so far, and KEEP THEM COMING!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote: Thanks for your responses so far, and KEEP THEM COMING!
I'll 2nd that, and thanks TT for creating this post, user feedback has always been what makes this site tick :)