TFL Store update - 082810 (Part II)

Tell us what you think of our website and services! Ask any questions about forum operations. TFL Inventory updates are also posted here! If you have questions about an order, please reply to your order email.

Moderators: Time Traveller, trance

trance
Site Admin

TFL Store update - 082810 (Part II)

Post by trance »

This is the long-delayed update to the first 'figure onlies' update started last week. This time it's the G1 non-combiners. Over 250 of these guys, enjoy!

http://www.transformerland.com/store/search3.php?LU=6
Lucid Harbinger
Noob

Post by Lucid Harbinger »

Hey Trance, please note that the "Standard Re-Issue" sub group figures from this update all list that they're guaranteed 80's originals and not re-issues.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Lucid Harbinger wrote:Hey Trance, please note that the "Standard Re-Issue" sub group figures from this update all list that they're guaranteed 80's originals and not re-issues.
Yeah, I know, that's why I specify it in the description...the figures look too similar to have different stock images for each, that's why the re-issues are showing up in the update
Lucid Harbinger
Noob

Post by Lucid Harbinger »

Well now I'm just confused :?

Regardless of the image used, how can an item be categorized with the re-issues, but have "Item is guaranteed 1980s original and not a re-issue or knock-off" in its description?

As a buyer, I wouldn't really know what to think, but assume a mistake had been made either in either the category or the description.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Lucid Harbinger wrote:Well now I'm just confused :?

Regardless of the image used, how can an item be categorized with the re-issues, but have "Item is guaranteed 1980s original and not a re-issue or knock-off" in its description?

As a buyer, I wouldn't really know what to think, but assume a mistake had been made either in either the category or the description.
I know it's confusing, but here's the reason why:
1) Images are named according to their toyid in my database. I _COULD_ have 2 practically identical images with 2 different names but for the following
2) These images are also used in the Identification section. If you were to look up 'red car', and I instead had 2 separate images, you would find 2 practically identical images of Sideswipe, and not know which one to click on :)

It's kinda a catch-22, I haven't been able to figure out a good way to resolve the issue, so this is the best work-around I could find :)