Just an idea

Tell us what you think of our website and services! Ask any questions about forum operations. TFL Inventory updates are also posted here! If you have questions about an order, please reply to your order email.

Moderators: Time Traveller, trance

Who agrees?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Just an idea

Post by Galvatron »

The FOR SALE and WANTED threads get confusing.
We have to post in the update thread whenever we have an update.
Can we have a thread that is for personal sales and wants?

something like this...

Topic: SALES
threads: Galvatron's sales
T.T. sales
Minerva sales
Roadbuster sales
etc....

Then...
Topic: WANTED
Galvatron's wanted
T.T.s wanted
Minerva wanted
etc.....

This way whenever a person updates the thread, they just add a "bump"
Plus the sales don't have to be TF related. Just put whatever you want to sale in your own thread. (that is suitable for this website of course) Same goes for the Wanted thread.

I just think having all those threads clutter up a bit.
TF sales
TF wanted
Non TF sales
Non TF wanted
sales update
wanted update
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

For those of you respondents, please discuss what you think the merits and drawbacks are. Minerva and I have noted this, and we're watching to see what you all think.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I'm all for Galvy's idea. I think it should have its on section though - outside of Billboard.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I like the proposed idea. About the only thing I can add is when you "bump" the thread include a line or two about what's been added/removed. The current setup is just as effective though. And people searching for Transformers only to buy/sell can easily find those related threads for our members under the current format.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

i kinda like galvys idea

in my most humble opinion, it would remove the need to search through the current threads to find whoevers post has been updated
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Here's my input.
The reason we chose to break the traditional method of a thread per person for all of that person's needs, is that when someone hits the forums looking to do business, chances are they're looking for an item, or looking to get rid of some stuff, not often both. Further, we have divided it by TF-and non-TF, since most people come here for their TF fix, not necessarily otherwise. So, if I'm looking for a G1 Bluestreak, I just come in, and rather than sift through a dozen threads, each containing long posts that cover a lot of area I'm not really concerned with, I just hit the TF for sale thread and search for Bluestreak. It doesn't matte who's got one, I just want to find the item, and we felt that the current method is the best way to do it.
Maybe I find out Autobot X has a 'Streak for sale or trade, so maybe NOW I want to hit his want list to see if I've got any spares he'd take in trade.
So here would be the benefit of Autobot X having his want and sales in the same thread right? AH... but here's my suggestion: put links to your various active posts in your sig.
TT's TF Want List Done! I can write a tutorial how to do this, it took about 15 seconds.
Also, every time you post, it's a plug for your lists, so more active members will be higher profile to get their lists fulfilled.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Trust me, I'm not trying to cause chaos. I save that for the RP. :twisted:
I totally understand what you are saying TT. It makes perfect since.
I just like the traditional way better.
If it were to change back to the traditional way we can divide the TF & non TF into different sections.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Could there be a sale section just dedicated to sales. Pull all the sale and want list out of the topic group?

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520