New TFL look

Tell us what you think of our website and services! Ask any questions about forum operations. TFL Inventory updates are also posted here! If you have questions about an order, please reply to your order email.

Moderators: Time Traveller, trance

Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

I thought something was different again LOL its good easy to browse :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Thanks Cliffy!

LD:
I was thinking maybe a multi-column dropdown might be better, that way all sub-menus are displayed, no need to follow the arrow to the next sub-menu, like this:

http://www.javildesign.com/wp-content/u ... /menu.html

sound better?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

That certainly looks workable.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

LD2062 wrote:That certainly looks workable.
Yeah, I think it'll be much better, I'll get cracking :)
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

trance wrote:You're talking about when you reach the bottom right corner of the text box...the next character you type will go to the next line and a scroll bar will appear on the right side of the text box, correct?
Then does it start typing over text you already wrote? I'm having trouble visualizing the effect. Can you do a screen shot? Also, what browser, version, and platform do you use (e.g. Firefox 5.1, Windows 7)?
I think you have the general idea of my problem. Unfortunately I don't think a screen shot would do it justice. It doesn't start typing over the text I've already written, I can certainly continue typing. However what it does do is scroll the box back up to the top so I can't see what I'm typing without scrolling back down. Then every single character I type it does this so I'm basically scrolling down every single time I type something if I want to see what I'm typing. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3. I haven't tried this on my home computer since you update the layout so I don't know if that would work differently since I use Firefox on there. Hope that helps.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

LD, Is this any better? Still got some minor issues with font size differences between the forum and general site...but is the usability better now?

Blackjack - does this take care of the scrolling issue?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Much Better! Thanks!
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I'm having the same problem, although I will say it does seem to have been fixed a little. Maybe I can articulate my problem better to Ben and he can explain it to you. I just think it would be easier if you could understand my issue and I can't explain well enough via text.