TFL toy archive! Let us know what you think!

Tell us what you think of our website and services! Ask any questions about forum operations. TFL Inventory updates are also posted here! If you have questions about an order, please reply to your order email.

Moderators: Time Traveller, trance

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

TFL toy archive! Let us know what you think!

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey all, Trance and I have been discussing some directions to move with our mighty toy archive. Post here and let us know how you use our archive (identification, parts lists, collecting checklist, oodling at toys you'd like to own, etc) We'd also like to know what you like or don't, features you'd like to see, and toylines you'd want to add. What toy info do you have to go somewhere else to find? Do you use the non-Transformers sections?

I'm soliciting any general and specific thoughts you might have. Making changes to our archive may sometimes be a slow process, but we want to keep moving in the right direction.

Right now, Minerva and I are working on building non-TF archives for Bravestarr and Sectaurs, and archives for Japan's Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. We look forward to your feedback!
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

The identification and parts lists I use all the time. The search function makes TFL my first place to look.

I occasionally use the some of the non-transformers sections. Not nearly as often because I rarely deal with things besides transsformers and power rangers. Gobots and MOTU are probably the most used of those other sections for me.

tfu.info is about the only other transformers site I use for info. And that mostly just because they have a lot of info for the foreign editions.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Re: TFL toy archive! Let us know what you think!

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote: Post here and let us know how you use our archive (identification, parts lists, collecting checklist, oodling at toys you'd like to own, etc) We'd also like to know what you like or don't, features you'd like to see, and toylines you'd want to add. What toy info do you have to go somewhere else to find? Do you use the non-Transformers sections?
I've probably never used the identification section at all. But that's mostly because I tried to buy all my G1's complete from the start and don't buy "lots" as it's usually a mixed bag as far as condition goes. But the checklist? Before I completed the entire US G1 cartoon line ('84-'87), I used it all the time to see who I was missing...get some prices and try to underbid those on Ebay to try and get a good deal. The only other thing I might would recommend on the G1 toy front would be instruction scans.

As far as Transformers are concerned, this site does a great job at chronically archiving everything made by Hasbro/Takara. BUT....the only thing I collect now (and many others I know from other forums) are 3rd party Transformers. This encompasses many manufacturers, from the big dogs: FansProject, iGear, TFC Toys, Mastermind Creations, Perfect Effect, exc....down to the companies that make great add on kits: Dr. Wu, Head Robots, exc. If Transformerland were to make an archive for those (and consequential checklist), I'd be greatly appreciative and help out whenever possible.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

RB:

We could definitely use your help in this department, there seems to be a large amount of 3rd party companies cropping up, and a whole slew of new releases. If you could help keep us on top with the info, we'd be glad to add it into the archive!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I agree with Trance. 3rd Party is becoming a very important part of what's going on these days. Archiving them would be a challenge, to be sure, but a worthwhile enterprise. The main obstacle, other than keeping track of everything and deciding what to include, is that SOME fricken cheapskate TFL archivist hasn't bought any yet :oops:

To LD's comment, we are working on getting some foreign stuff up. Minerva has a huge collection of European G1 transitional and Europe G2 that I want to archive this summer. I'm building up the means to archive various Japanese Beast Wars series.

Now we just need someone to donate a couple hundred $K to put together a Jap G1 archive ;)

Keep your comments coming, everybody toss in your two cents!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I am commited to cooperate with the pre TF section. I have been lazy, but haven't forgot. As soon as I can get my TFs sorted out...

BTW, the Archive has been one of the greatest features of this site since it exists. I can tell for sure this has been one of my earliest toy guides, which still is... And will be very useful for any starter or advanced collector.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl