Rate the speed of our new server

Tell us what you think of our website and services! Ask any questions about forum operations. TFL Inventory updates are also posted here! If you have questions about an order, please reply to your order email.

Moderators: Time Traveller, trance

The loading speed of the URL specified in the post was

Slower than normal
56%
Normal
22%
Faster than normal
22%

Total votes: 9

trance
Site Admin

Rate the speed of our new server

Post by trance »

I (Transformerland) just switched over to a semi-dedicated server (should be more reliable). However, for me, the pages seem to be loading very slowly. I am taking a poll, in your experience, if you go to the link below, do the images load slower than normal, normal, or faster than normal? All help greatly appreciated!

If you can also post your experience as well as your ISP and connection speed, that would be great!

http://www.transformerland.com/toysbyca ... genreid=13
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Heyas.

I am using a standard dial-up (temporarily), and the total load time is longer than normal. The other thing I noticed was that before the page started to load at all (Internet Explorer screen open, but just a blank page showing), this was the longest wait. However, once the screen started showing up, the pictures did fill the boxes at a faster than previous rate.

So longer wait for the page to show itself, but once it started to fill in, it was faster.

If I am making no sense at all, I can elaborate.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Hey Matt, In my opinion it is definitely slower than normal
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Matt, I am on 4mb cable connection and I can definitely say it is MUCH slower overall. Pages themselves as Magnus said appear white and it takes eveything a long time to pop up.
Not the worst loading time of a page ever, but still a lot slower than we are used to.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I actually voted "normal" last night because it seemed to be loading quite smoothly for me, but I'd like to retract it and go for "slow." Like, mega slow. :cry: I've even been getting "Cannot find server" a few times.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

I actually voted "normal" last night because it seemed to be loading quite smoothly for me, but I'd like to retract it and go for "slow." Like, mega slow. :cry: I've even been getting "Cannot find server" a few times.
Same here too :?
Cyclonus

Post by Cyclonus »

It is extremely slow, each page seems like an age to turn over!!
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

somebody pulled the parking brake on the site,

no it's defeneatly slower ,
The past is the greatest teacher
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

ok, this is weird. some of the post made today have vanished for me. including the one Matt made about the server change and the slight difference in the web address it included FN or something if I recall correctly. Anyways I wanted to point this out as Arcee seems to be able to see Matts post as well Lord Vulcans post in the RP (which too has vanished for me)

any ideas?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Yeah, I keep getting logged out as well, even though I usually have the log me in automatically box checked.

The weirdest time was just a few moments ago while I was typing up my gripe of the day, it logged me out while I was typing the post. (Had I not copied it when it first started acting up, I would have had to re-type it).

The message at the top said "Invalid Session", and it took me to a log-in screen. I had just logged in about a half an hour before.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Putt putt putt....
Yeah. Sorry, but on my usual connection, It's draggin'. As the car guys would say (since I was around them all weekend) Get tha lead out!
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

ok, this is definitely weird. Arcee made posts last night when she could see the posts that vanished for me, but the posts she made last night are not showing to me today. so is there 2 databases for the board?
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

My posts aren't showing for you, Rodimus, because they are gone. I was having no trouble with missing posts or anything like that last night--everything was showing up fine, but now this morning I'm experiencing the same trouble as you. My posts aren't the only ones that have vanished, either.
Commander Megatron

There is a sticky at the top of the page, if anyone knows the amount of posts they are missing we will credit them to you.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

if a few posts are really that important to ya ;)
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

naah,

but the speed is back up
The past is the greatest teacher
Commander Megatron

yes thankgod, so lets put this whole messy business behind us and carry on as normal..........

"DIE AUTOBOTS!!"
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Actually, if you retry that link, the speed isn't back up, all the pictures are just cached on your browser, so they appear to return quicker. try refreshing the page.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

The missing posts are on the old server. PM me if you want them, I can send you the text for the past couple of days.