New Non-TF Toy Purchases!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Minerva wrote:Those Thundercats figures look really awesome!
Agreed. Nice catch there! :wink:
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

2007 SDCC Exclusive Cobra Commander (blue jacket/tan khakis variant). Neat figure with the podium and business attire. I wish I had 2 more of them for customs. This would turn out nice with a Tomax and Xamot head swap. Extensives Enterprises anyone? :wink:

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Nice! I can see that podium in the White House. And, that would be a great custom. Forgot about the twins!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

how come I "Galvatron" don't have a podium?!!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Galvatron wrote:how come I "Galvatron" don't have a podium?!!
You could have borrowed Starscreams. :lol:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I got a Mezco Mumm-Ra (standard, not the nuke glow SDCC one) but someone else has already represented colors. :wink:

This isn't a toy, but it's one of the most rare ThunderCats items out there, and this is the second one I've ever seen, much less for sale, in my entire life. (I was buying the VHS tapes when they were on the shelves new)

I also got this beauty thanks to the good people of Transformerland North, so thank you very much, TT and Minerva! :D

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Wow, a big wheel thundertank! You are too lucky.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Dinobot wrote:Wow, a big wheel thundertank! You are too lucky.
Well, maybe I should clarify.... :oops: its only the box, but please don't think it no less rare or under-appreciated. :D

I saw a Tank bike in "you know where" this week sell for $400.00 (inc. s+h) and the box looked like a family of 'possums had lived in it. The box TFL North was kind enough to sell me is gorgeous.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice haul, Roar!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Glad to see it arrived in good order!

The VHS adventure is neat... I didn't know f.h.e. was involved with T-Cats... I guess they made no distinction between Sunbow or Rankin Bass for their productions, huh? Don't forget to pack that with dessicant ;)
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re:

Post by Roar »

Roadbuster wrote:
Minerva wrote:Those Thundercats figures look really awesome!
Agreed. Nice catch there! :wink:
With no bias whatsoever :D , Y'all got that right! :wink: *LOVE* that nun-chuck pose you did with Panthro!

I have all the "standard" figures including Mezco's Cheetara, but there's not been much mention of a Tygra.

I hope they haven't killed the line by making so many SDCC (that are gouged for) variants. You know they made a "glowing eyes" Cheetara with Snarf, a two headed Lion-O, and a glow in the dark Mumm-Ra. :?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: New Non-TF Toy Purchases!

Post by Roar »

Thanks to the kind generosity of Minerva, Time Traveler, and Trance, I have something I never dared dream to own as a ThunderCats collector.

Cats' Lair! With the original LJN shipping box, mint box, and the parts I needed to make it whole.

Thank you all so much for everything! :D I can never repay you!

floyd012010
Noob

Post by floyd012010 »

Picked up a Stratos figure today while looking through Walmart. I had picked one up last year and he was gray in color and the one I bought today was white. Thought that was odd so now I have both versions of him I guess. Really like the new line of Masters of the Universe toys. Would love to see a new Attack Trac show up on the shelves at Walmart
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Welcome, floyd! I assume your new Stratos is from the MOTU: Origins line? Those do look pretty great, and the line seems to be going strong so I'm sure we'll get the Attak Trak sooner or later. I'm curious if it will be motorized like the original. They've remade Roton as far as I know, but I'm not sure if it has the wheel-driven sawblade.
floyd012010
Noob

Post by floyd012010 »

I am curious myself about more origins vehicles. I picked up a nice attack Trac from here that works great and an original He Man figure from here that is sitting in it on my chest of drawers as we speak. I have picked up several of the origin figures since they do look really good. I have a box of original figures from the 80's that I need to go through. I haven't seen the Roton yet but I will be on the look out for it. I like to keep them in the box for display. Would love a boxed Attack Trac. I mostly collect transformers but sadly if something catches my eye then I'm on that toy line for awhile. Picked up a really nice stomper truck about a month back. It is in mint condition. Picked up a really nice plush talking scooby doo a few weeks ago too.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Minerva and I are holding on to an Origins Stridor that came through the shop, since his legs finally bend and move the way the original one should have! The only other vehicle I've handled from Origins so far is the Jet Sled (that came with Prince Adam), and they did their best to make it interesting. It has a swappable figurehead and side panels to dress it up as a more Evil Warriors-looking sled.

Buying figures that suit your tastes isn't a bad thing as long as you don't go full-on completist and have to finish the entire line! :wink: