Zoids.....

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Actually yes!

I have the Stardestroyer, At-ST, A-wing, Slave 1, and Tie Interceptor kits.

I think I may have one or two more...
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

So I played this xbox360 game called Zoid's Assault...

Easily one of the worst turn based strategy games I've ever played.

I got it cause I liked zoids but they couldn't have made it much worse,

The zoids could only carry one weapon, had no melee attacks( a mainstay in the series, and in a few other zoids games) or special abilites.

The whole game is based on support attacks from other squad members, you have to have all your units(you have five, apperently if you play through the game you eventually get one more) next to each other or close enough to "support" your attacking unit, which half the time dosn't work like it's suppose too!
The enemy's always outnumber, out-class(both in pilot level and equipment), and (no matter how good a strategist you are) out manuver you... and when you manage to take down 3-4 of them, they always get reinforcements.

On top of this you units will miss virtually every important attack!

The game is kinda pretty, but it's not enough to make up for it's flaws.

Brawn
Powermaster

Post by Brawn »

i saw a review of that zoids game and they said it sucked big time. i think you have confirmed it.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

they shouldn't have wasted there time with that game then.

Perhaps a translation of the japanese only 'Zoids Infinity EX Neo' game would have been better. {Which as there are no emulators or ways to make the darn console region free so that you can play the damn thing would have been helpful}

If you can get it I'd say stick with 'zoids legacy' on the GBA
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Octane
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Octane »

yeah, unfortunately, there has yet to be a zoids game that doesn't suck. I'm sticking with the models hahaha ^-^

Speaking of which, I haven't gotten one in awhile...I'm thinking either one of these:
http://hlj.com/product/TKT33172
http://hlj.com/product/TKT33173
Conformers--Absolutely Nothing More Than Meets The Eye!

Giant robot stuff here: http://venomianbane-giantrobots.blogspot.com/
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

SO, as you've seen in the new toy purchases, I've come into a whole collection of zoids. I spent all yesterday cleaning them (1/4" of dust!) and identifying them on phenoype's zoids site, zoidspoison, and soforth, and now i'm not sure if i want to keep them or sell them :lol: I can't afford another collection! I can't afford my current collection! If I do keep them, i'd like to get some parts to complete them. Any of you guys got spares, or want something i've got here? Particularly, I'd like a few bits for my ultrasaurus. Is it just me, or was he accessorized differently than my tehcnozoids battlesaurus?

Desz! Help! :lol:
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I just found my Zoids Chaotic Century dvds yesterday!

Time to pull out the soda and popcorn!!!

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

so do any of you guys have some extra bits and pieces? or advice on why some of my wind ups refuse to walk, but when you pick them up, the motor runs smoothly?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Some of the stuff in this gallery are zoids bits.

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq24 ... n%20parts/
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote:so do any of you guys have some extra bits and pieces? or advice on why some of my wind ups refuse to walk, but when you pick them up, the motor runs smoothly?
check the piece(s) that link(s) the motor to the legs. Sometimes a fracture in them can cause walking problems. (That and some specific zoids do refuse to walk. )

As for ultra saurus you will have a hard time finding specific parts. {I have the zoids 2 release} I can tell you what is missing with a pic showing the figure from all angles.

There are 5 different ultra saurus variants. the JP original which is teal and black, the zoids 2 euro one which is silver and black, the white american battlesaurus, the TRU exclusive US one from a few years back (which was modified to be wider and more stable during motion) and the japanese reissue again from a few years ago.

There is a rumoured sixth all red one that appeared in an old UK catalog but this one is so rare its existence cannot be verified.

Time for an edit:-
Here is TT haul pic:-
those silver weapons on the ultrasaurus neck are from a 'killer spiner' they do not belong to that zoid. other than that it looks quite complete. Possibly mising a few small guns and the tower from the landing strips.

the dark horn is missing its shotgun style AA gun but this is a common piece for the figure to be missing. it may also be missing some small guns

the unenlagia is missing his tail/gun.

The rest look quite complete.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I actually own the US Battlesaurus from new, so I have a good idea of the accs Ultrasaurus is missing. I"ll have to put together a want list :P
As for the wind ups, I took gun sniper all the way apart, and his motor runs fine, but once i put some resistance on the crankshaft with my fingers, it starts to stick at a point in the rotation, much the same as several other of my wind-up bipeds do.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote:I actually own the US Battlesaurus from new, so I have a good idea of the accs Ultrasaurus is missing. I"ll have to put together a want list :P
As for the wind ups, I took gun sniper all the way apart, and his motor runs fine, but once i put some resistance on the crankshaft with my fingers, it starts to stick at a point in the rotation, much the same as several other of my wind-up bipeds do.
thats very normal. {Only 1/2 of my gun snipers will actually walk (albeit not very well), those wind up things are crappy.}
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

:lol: Ok. Do you know of any sources for misc. loose parts? all i seem to see for sale is complete kits. I'd just like to complete the sets I have.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote::lol: Ok. Do you know of any sources for misc. loose parts? all i seem to see for sale is complete kits. I'd just like to complete the sets I have.
unfortunately no. You'll have to scour the junker lots and get your spares that way. {I did. there's quite a market for specific parts}
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I found some random Zoids parts in a box the other day. I'll try to get a pic of them up tomarrow, maybe one of you guys will be able to make use of them.

I know theirs the Spine to a US relese Dark Spiner, and one of the Shoulder cannons for a Iron Kong.

Also I just finished watching all 67 episodes of Chaotic Century this afternoon. Now I really wish I hadn't traded all my zoids away... :cry:

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'd love to see them!
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Bah I completly forgot to get pictures... but I work tomarrow so I should be able to get them up then.

I could only find the Iron Kong cannon and the twin barrel artillery gun for a Dark Horn now though...can't remember what box I put them in? :x

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote:I'd love to see them!
if you would like DVD's of all the zoids series. {Chaotic century + guadian force, new century zero and fuzors (all four in english) and Zoids genesis (japanese with english subs) all of the series are complete. All but zoids genesis are region free, zoids genesis needs to be played in a computer or console due to the formatting on the DVD's.}

you only have to ask. :wink:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Deszaras wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:I'd love to see them!

you only have to ask. :wink:
While I appreciate the offer, I was referring to pics of the junker parts. If I'm still addicted to these things after a while, I may take you up on that, however.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Sorry TT. I didn't even get a chance to get the pictures today. I wasnt' even home for more than an hour. Plus I want to find all the parts I have to get one group picture of them.

Hopefully I should get a chance, free time, to find them and get some snappys of them today after work.