GI Joe (Joe versus Cobra)

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

GI Joe (Joe versus Cobra)

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I had to start this topic, because if you haven't seen me much on TFL discussing various movie toys, it is because I have been collecting Joes again! (Pics to come soon)

With the launch of Rise of Cobra the line has once again been reinvented, and these guys actually have a chance again at competing with tf's for major shelf space.

Right now, I have just over 150 figs, and 30 vehicles, and thar collection is growing daily. Unfortunately, the only one left from my childhood is The Fridge (Bears fans represent!), but the 25th anniversary line got me back to numbers that almost rival my childhood collection.

So, let me hear you Joe freaks. Tell me what you have!

YO JOE!!!!
Last edited by Ultra Magnus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I just gave away some joes. Yes I did say GAVE away. A friend of mine from xbox had sent me some TF's for free so I had to reciprocate a bit. Though he had his since we was a lad I had to buy the ones I sent. I just bought the 5 fig set with storm shadow, cobra commander, Zartan , the barroness, and I think just an officer. that got sent as well as Flint disguised as a cobra officer. Three more Joes that were from the previous generation. Another Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and a Cobra viper,(I think).
My parents sold 95% of my Joes stuff from when I was young. I have figures left that's it. Who? I can't tell you. I don't remember.
But the one vehicle I loved was the A.W.E. striker. When I saw that rereleased I bought that one. I have the newest version of the rattler and the conquest in hiding at a local store in Fl. Will they be there when I return, who knows but stuff stays hidden in those hiding places for a very long time.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Hey Magnus (BTW, I never complimented you on your new avatar), I've got a bunch of Joe's I've been meaning to list for some time...can I tempt you with them?

They are certainly much more affordable than TFs, I'm not 100% sure why...some huge vehicles only go for around $10-$20...I'm constantly having to turn offers to buy these guys down because I simply lack the space. So if you or anyone wants, I can pass your email address along to these sellers.

Keep in mind they are by and large in the US, but some are in Europe. You never know, there maybe some good deals to be had!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Today I received the internet exclusive 25th anniversary 7 packs for the invasion of Cobra Island. This is the official last hoorah of the 25th anniversary Joe line. Anything else that comes out, with a classic theme. will be in a movie, or later package.

These of course were the figures that were planned to be released this past spring, but as with Transformers, the line was cut way back, due to the failing economy.

Now that I have them in my hand, I must admit a certain sadness. Don't get me wrong, I already have a lot of the new movie line, and those figures are far superior to many of the anniversary figures (if you don't count the lack of working holster).... It was just nice to see the original card art, and know that the figs were all something from my childhood (minus a couple of recent comics based creations).....

The best thing the, is that they finally completed the Original 13.... That is right you TF fans... the first year of GI Joe there were 13 Joes (and 3 cobras, if you count the 1 mail away figure)... The original 13 was another Joe concept "borrowed" by tf's ;) With the inclusion of Zap, I now have 1982 and 1983 reborn.... My last pre-transformer/Go-bot lifestyle...It seems so extremely strange. The funniest thing is that save for Snake Eyes, and Scarlett, not a single figure from the Original 13 interest my kids at all... they love the later ones...

I know of at least 7 flashback characters still on the way, but I am still saddened by the fact that this line is now completely dead.

I guess I can still wait on my Universe 3.0 to finish up my classics seekers. ;)
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

trance wrote:Hey Magnus (BTW, I never complimented you on your new avatar), I've got a bunch of Joe's I've been meaning to list for some time...can I tempt you with them?

They are certainly much more affordable than TFs, I'm not 100% sure why...some huge vehicles only go for around $10-$20...I'm constantly having to turn offers to buy these guys down because I simply lack the space. So if you or anyone wants, I can pass your email address along to these sellers.

Keep in mind they are by and large in the US, but some are in Europe. You never know, there maybe some good deals to be had!
You could pass my e-mail address on to them, I'm actively hoarding GI Joe, since I've run out of Transformers that I need! LOL

And after Magnus has his crack at them, I'd be willing to look at your Joe for sale list too!
Cobra
Noob

G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra action figures,wallpapers & trail

Post by Cobra »

With come from of the movie GI JOE RISE OF COBRA it has full of news and exclusives action figures which are now available.
I have built these sites to help the GI JOE collectors and fans like me to find all these new figurines and some very cool wallpapers.

Go here for huge batch of GI JOE action figures:
http://www.myfantasyweb.com/gijoe.html

Gi Joe Action figures samples from movie Rise of Cobra
Image - Image - Image

Go here for a gallerie of 40 GI JOE wallpapers:
http://www.myfantasyweb.com/gijoe/wallpapers/gijoe.html

Check these wallpapers samples:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

RISE OF COBRA movie trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ags039y1A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaNs64k_2xw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jJahUhQnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQM31QCufI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN5fVVvga2k
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The toys look great, if i collected Joe! I like how they're following the successful heirarchy of toy age groups like TF movie toys have.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I got an original Night Raven in box and Cobra Commander loose. I want to get a Shipwreck next because he is my favorite character. i got a few 25th anniversary figures too.
PETER IS GOD!Image
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Here's an old pic of my Night raven. The guy in the middle is Nash Gorey from M.A.S.K.

PETER IS GOD!Image
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Joe con is in full swing with lots of goodness being announced for 2010.

My favorite coverage is here: http://joebattlelines.com/?page_id=1158
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Ultra Magnus wrote: It was just nice to see the original card art

I know of at least 7 flashback characters still on the way, but I am still saddened by the fact that this line is now completely dead.

I guess I can still wait on my Universe 3.0 to finish up my classics seekers. ;)

I liked the new card art as well, 'inspired' by the originals and not just copies, like the figures themselves!

I wasn't too heavy into the 25th line, but it was one of my favorite ongoing lines, I'm not at all into the movie figures.

Universe 3.0? Can't wait!
My heart is die-cast.
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

I'm thinking to buy a Cobra commander toon version with the cloak and sword,but I don't think that I'll take a lot of things from Gi Joe toyline.

Some figures of the movie version seem detailed,if I like the movie,the thing could help me in buy some of them(movie will arrive on September,here..so no spoilers,please)
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

G.I Joe eh? I was always a "Corps!" guy myself, but I do have a few old
3 3/4 figures- Had Storm Shadow (Missing a leg), Dr.Mindbender (Lost to the ages, only found his legs), And one other one is up in Illinois (Long story behind that one)
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
nemesisprime6
Noob

Post by nemesisprime6 »

yo joe! I have the original mindbender RoC cobra comander neo viper SE zartan and rockslide ATAV with snowjob
autobots transform and roll out
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i still got my old snake eyes from the early 80's (the one with just bend arms not swivel) lol that is all i have left from childhood i had more joes than transformers as a child. (so staying away from that toyline is hard but i have succeded. :lol: )

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

The 80s Joes were my first toy obsession. At one point I had just about everything from 82-94, except maybe the Flagg and a few oddball mail-away figures. The collection just got too big and I parted with it and moved on to other toy lines, but I never really lost my love for the Joes. Eventually I got back into them, and my collection now includes figures and vehicles from the start in 1982 up to the 25th Anniversary line (no movie stuff).

I am by no means a completist, so I get older figures I've always liked and any repaints/retools of those molds. I also army-build Destro's Iron Grenadiers and loooooooove the Oktober Guard.

Here's some pics I posted in another thread on TFL:
Front row (L-R):
Stalker, Hawk, Rock&Roll, Flash, Zap, Steeler, Scarlett, Grunt, Short Fuse, Grand Slam, Breaker

Back Row:
Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer, Cobra Soldier, Clutch, Snake-Eyes

2nd pic features some repaints:
Front row (L-R):
Stalker, Hawk, Rock&Roll, Flash, Dolphin (from UK Action Force), Steeler (UK), Quarrell (UK), Grunt (Glider Pilot), Short Fuse, Grand Slam, Breaker

Back Row:
Cobra Commander, Hunter (UK), Cobra Viper Pilot (very rare with intact chest insignia), Clutch (VAMP II driver), Stalker (UK)
My heart is die-cast.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

sweet i want to see your army builds and that snake eyes you got is the one i have lol tho mine has no weapons :roll:

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'm a huge G.I. Joe fan and even though I've parted with my childhood collection many, many years ago....the 25th anniversary line peaked my interest with much better looking figures than I could have ever dreamed possible! I've probably got over 50+ figures (still carded) with many more that are loose because they came in various dvd or box sets alongside other repaints that I just didn't need (ie: Black Baroness, Alpine, Quick Kick, Dusty, exc..). I also have well over a dozen MISB vehicle packs too with more on the way.

But there are figures that they never produced that really irritates me, such as: Low Light, Big Boa, Sgt. Slaughter, Jinx, Footloose, Golobulus or Pythona (<----great comic pack), Law and Order, Lifeline, Slaughters Renegades(<---great comic pack), Monkeywrench, Sci-Fi, Thrasher (<---with the Thunder Machine vehicle pack), Zandar and Zarana (<---great comic pack)

As for the R.O.C line I'm going to have to break down and get Tunnel Rat and Covergirl as that'll probably be the only way I'm going to get a retooled version of them. :(
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

do you mean reproduced i know that atleast Sgt. Slaughter (orginally a mail in figure) and a few of those i remember seeing in childhood (jinx and other movie figs) where released. i could be wrong tho been know to happen lol

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Yeah. The 25th anniversary line. I picked up a vintage set of Slaughters Renegades but they simply look outdated when standing alongside figures from this newer era. I really wish they would have kept that line going a while longer. :cry: