New Non-TF Toy Purchases!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I think Energon and Animated Arcee both looke fairly feminine. Oh, and Movie 1 Arcee.

Also, don't forget about the new Cyberverse playsets. They're pretty cool.
The Dark is Coming
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

PrimeDirective wrote:I think Energon and Animated Arcee both looke fairly feminine. Oh, and Movie 1 Arcee.
I'll take my TRNS-01 Arcee from Impossible Toys over any of those. Now she's sexy! 8)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Eh. TF:Prime Arcee is my vote among toys.

It's too bad Minerva's G1 toy doesn't do her anywhere near justice.... but, I got the ONE awesome version of her! 8)
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

lol I get it.... :roll: :wink:

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I got this in the mail today:

The new 2011 G.I. Joe Skystriker! Completely in scale to the original too! I've always wanted one of these...even as a kid...now thanks to Hasbro reissuing these due to the 30th anniversary I now own one! Paying the $150+ for a complete original was just out of the question. :lol: Anyways, you can pick these up at your nearby TRU or Target for around $35. Cheaper for me to get mine in the mail as I'm over an hour drive from a TRU or Target.....sadly enough. :cry: Comes highly recommended for any G.I. Joe fan. :wink:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Since the rumors of a live action movie is in the works are true, I've been on a major Captain Planet jag lately. I always liked the show, just never quite ready to admit it openly on a public forum.

I also have bought several cels from the first two seasons of the DIC animation tenure of the show, including a sequencial flight scene of Captain Planet. I could show you the action figure collection and the vehicles I just got too, but I want to keep what little cred I have, that and they are just really lousy.

I scored the Battle of the Planets lunchbox at the Hillsville, Virginia flea market a couple of weeks ago. I figured for ten bucks I wasn't hurting too badly. The funniest thing about it was that there was an elderly woman running the booth where the box was, and when I picked it up, it rattled.

She opened it up, and proceeded to empty out, I swear, about a dozen big honking shotgun shells!

And a pair of cheap earrings.

I thought it was highly entertaining, and had to ask her, "What in the BEEP have you been up to, Annie Oakley?"

As it turns out she really didn't have a sense of humor, but I got a nice lunchbox, so it was worth the trip. I cleaned it up with GooGone, pressed out the dents that I could on flat surfaces, and did a little polish on the metal parts with some MAAS, and it looks dang near new for something made in 1978.

Multi jointed Tygra I had to order online along with the Sword of Omens because you just can't find them in the stores, period, at least around here.

I never really watched the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, but you can't deny the Green Ranger was 31 flavors of cool, so I had to have that beautiful vacuum metalized Dragonzord coin in the dagger.

Anyhoo, the main buy for me was the Sword of Omens.

Even if you're not a fan of the show, I highly recommend this toy, I never knew how incomplete my life was until I bought one, then later on a case.

This is the coolest Thundercats toy ever made! The eye lights up on the cat head side, and with the pressing of the arrow button the spring loaded hilt pops down to give the user "Sight Beyond Sight" and the eye opening sound, When you hold it down, "Lion-O" says, "Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight" as the eye lights gradually, then to full burn.

When you hold the hilt side button down in short triggerings, one of three slashing sounds can be heard, and if you hold it down for a longer duration,, it will repeat "Thunder, thunder, thunder" until you release it, in which the phrase "Thundercats, HOOOOOO!" is announced.

It does have an off button/switch which my husband will gratefully attest to, and frankly, I can't keep my hands off of the thing.

Rebuttal, Mr. Galvatron?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Now that is one freaking cool haul. I didn't know they were making a Cap. Planet movie. I can see that working out. What year is it scheduled to release?

I can see joking with that lady might be a mistake - she might still have that shotgun! Duck!

The Sword of Omens is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a looongg time. Now you need the claw! Have you seen the animated show that is on the air? I have been DVRing it since it started. Love it. Can't wait till Friday to see the next one.

I once had Movie Leader Brawl and I had an awesome time making that figure make all the awesome sounds and effects it can make (and lets not forget that Brawl would light up). My girlfriend probably didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did. Matter of fact I am sure she didn't. :? So I can imagine that your husband isn't as enamored with the Sword of Omens as you are. Don't let that stop you! I didn't stop myself with Brawl! Too bad I sold that Brawl. He was awesome!

It's great to see you on the Forums!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hey Roar, it's been a while! Great to see you around! :)
Those are some pretty cool purchases!

I had no idea there were plans for a Captain Planet live action movie. Sounds quite interesting.
I remember watching the cartoon when I was little, but I don't think I ever saw any action figures around here.

That Tygra looks very nice! I've been so tempted to get at least some of the newer figures, but I've decided to try to save up some money instead. Sooner or later I will get a few though. ;)
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

captain Planet!!!!! Awesome! exspensive?.....

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Countdown wrote:Now that is one freaking cool haul.
Thank you, Sir! :D
I didn't know they were making a Cap. Planet movie. I can see that working out. What year is it scheduled to release?
It's slated for a 2012 release. I'll make a thread for it so I won't be off topic here too bad.
I had no idea there were plans for a Captain Planet live action movie. Sounds quite interesting.
I remember watching the cartoon when I was little, but I don't think I ever saw any action figures around here.
Tiger Toys Inc. made the Captain Planet toys (action figures/vehicles/power rings) for the American market, but if you had gotten toys from the series where you live, they would have been made by Kenner.

The cartoon was big in America, but *Huge* in your neck of the woods, Minerva, and the final sixth season of the show (With the re-deco outfits, and maturing/aging of the characters) was aired in Europe before it was in America.

I would *KILL* to have the Parker Brothers Captain Planet and the Planeteers board game made for the European market! There was one made by University Games for the American market, but the European one puts a lit cigarette out in the behind of the University one. The pieces and board for the Parker Brothers release are done in the same style as the Silverhawks game that was made by P. Bros. in '87.
That Tygra looks very nice! I've been so tempted to get at least some of the newer figures, but I've decided to try to save up some money instead. Sooner or later I will get a few though.
PM me, Kiddo. :wink:

This is Countdown:
The Sword of Omens is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a looongg time. Now you need the claw!
I think I'll forgo the claw, I have bought four of them for three nephews and a prissy niece who is resisting my conversion process. I've had to repair theirs enough to know they won't endure my kind of play.
Have you seen the animated show that is on the air? I have been DVRing it since it started. Love it. Can't wait till Friday to see the next one.
Actually, I haven't seen it at all. I'm waiting for DVD the release.
I once had Movie Leader Brawl and I had an awesome time making that figure make all the awesome sounds and effects it can make (and lets not forget that Brawl would light up). My girlfriend probably didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did. I didn't stop myself with Brawl! Too bad I sold that Brawl. He was awesome!
Well, I'll look around for it for you. :wink:
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Audra, nice haul (how are you doing?)!

The lunchbox is awesome. I would use it, seriously.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

She'd kill me. You better not. LOL.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

It's a good day to be addicted to plastic!

I didn't have time to take pics and post yesterday, but I got these Hey, Arnold! 2002 Wendy's kids meal toys, along with two 1998 Nickel-O-Zone Burger King Arnold plush heads.

There's an Arnold action figure, a bendy Gerald, you roll Helga on the floor and the basketball goes around her waist, the boxes hold a two sided (very thick) cardboard board game and a seperate board with game pieces ytou can punch out, and of all things Grandpa on rollerblades. I don't know how wise it is for the elderly to rollerblade, but I'll take it. I bid on twenty different auctions (some buy it now) to get all these.

The Hey, Arnold cel is not a production cel, but a special gift given to station managers whose stations carried Viacom's property, including the Hey, Arnold! show in the early 2000's as Christmas gifts. There's less than 500 of them, and I was so happy to be one of the people lucky enough to get one! :D Even better, in the lower left hand corner you can see Craig Bartlett's (HA! creator) signature. Memerobilia from the show is really hard to find because not much of it was made, because Bartlett would not sign off on it because he didn't want his cartoon to be "A toy show". Killjoy.

Got my 8 inch Classics Lion-O in Thursday. :wink:

And no day would be complete without Captain Planet and his Russian friend, Linka, who butchers the English language and metaphors with the greatest of ease.

The electronic one, (Green backpack) is supposed to say, "Wind, Fight Pollution, and Stop, Eco Villain!" but all it says is "Ruhhh ruhh ruh ruh!" And "Ruh!" and "Ruh rerrr!" :shock: :wink: I'm also getting her little friend boy Wheeler in too, but patience is *not* one of my virtues.

Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice finds, Roar! Hey Arnold!-stuff does seem to be hard to get, so you did a good job!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Added 2011 SDCC exclusive Dreadnok Zarana to my 25th Anniversary G.I. Joe collection today! 8) Pretty much the only thing I really wanted from the convention as the Starscream Skystriker kinda' fell "in-between" genres. Plus I already have the regular Skystriker and it takes up enough room. :roll: Now Hasbro needs to give us Zaranas brother Zandar and I'll be happy! :)

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Now that's just cool! I'm glad that you got that, because SDCC figures are either really rare, really expensive, or both really rare and expensive.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Picked up a really cool book called "G.I. Joe Battlefiles" with lots of character information in it you wouldn't find on the back of the file cards. :wink: Definitely a good read. 8)

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Been kind of quiet as I've been hoarding G.I. Joes here lately. All 25th/ROC/POC/30th, though, nothing vintage....Here's a breakdown of what I've gotten here lately. All are loose as they weren't available as single carded figures (except Crazy Legs) and you had to either get these through vehicle packs, multi-pack boxsets or comic packs. So without further ado....(clockwise order) 8)

^^^ Back left corner (Altitude: aka Ripcord) only available through the Assault on Cobra Island boxset. Back middle (Crazy Legs) available as 30th anniversary single card. Back right (Short Fuze) available only through the Ultimate Battle Pack....high priced figure ($30+) and extremely rare! Middle far right: (Steeler) only available through the Ultimate Battle Pack....high priced figure ($20+) and extremely rare! Middle middle (Lift Ticket) only available through as a vehicle pack containing the Sky Hawk. Middle left (Zap) already owned. Middle Front (Clutch) only available as a vehicle pack containing the VAMP.
^^^ Back left corner (Tunnel Rat 25th) only available as a comic pack exclusive with a Storm Shadow repaint. Back right corner (Outback) only available through the Assault on Cobra Island boxset. Middle right (Wetsuit) only available through the Assault on Cobra Island boxset. The rest you see in this pic I already owned.
^^^ Here's a group shot of G.I. Joe Headquarters looking more filled out or busy if you will :lol:
^^^ Just got this in today. POC Storm Rider w/ Doom Cycle. Awesome figure with lots of detailing on a cool trike! A necessary addition to any Dreadnok biker collection. 8) I usually just stick to figures that appeared in the ARAH Sunbow cartoon only....but with this guy I had to make an exception. :twisted:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Pretty sweet. Awesome.

That base is awesome. Cobra will never stand a chance! ;)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:Pretty sweet. Awesome.

That base is awesome. Cobra will never stand a chance! ;)
Your post reminded me that I also got a new trooper to add to Cobras force! :twisted: Behold! Nemesis Enforcer!
Here's a group shot of my loose Cobra forces gathered so far sitting high atop the Cobra Terror Drome. Thus the reason for me beefing up my Joe forces recently as they've been getting their tails handed to them. :lol:

EDIT: And before anyone tells me....yes, I know I need to dust. :cry: