New Non-TF Toy Purchases!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I had the figures already, but as much as it cost me to buy the original clothing for them back, I consider it a new toy purchase.

I need a pair of those green oven mitts for Robin, but I figure that can wait.

Behold! Old school MEGO World's Greatest Super Heroes Batman and Robin.

You're not seeing things, Batman's ears and nose have been bitten off. I wish I could say someone else did that, but I am the guilty party. :roll:

(When I was a little kid, I swear!)

They're in storage now, but I also got two *beautiful* Thundercats Companions Wilykit figures recently that I owe our own TT a great debt of gratitude.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

you must have been a hungry child auntie roar :lol:
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice! Great haul Roar! Would love to see a pic of Wilycat too! And as far as Batmans ears and nose were concerned....I never would have noticed. :wink:
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Very nice, Roar! :)
Have you got any pictures of your Thundercats collection?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Dirge wrote:you must have been a hungry child auntie roar :lol:
I'd chew on anything, and my parents, responsible though they were, allowed me to teethe on the inside passenger door of a 1970 Chevrolet Impala! :roll:

Roadbuster wrote:Nice! Great haul Roar! Would love to see a pic of Wilycat too!
Well, I'll dig the girls out then. :wink:
And as far as Batmans ears and nose were concerned....I never would have noticed. :wink:
LOL! Maybe I shouldn't have told on myself, then. :wink:

@Minerva: Actually, the pictures of 'Cats stuff I have is in here somewhere I think in an "other collections" thread from a long time ago. I'll PM you the link to a more up to date, and frightening display of my obscession. :wink:
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Those are awesome figures Roar. Haven't seen anyone with those in ages.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Roar wrote:@Minerva: Actually, the pictures of 'Cats stuff I have is in here somewhere I think in an "other collections" thread from a long time ago. I'll PM you the link to a more up to date, and frightening display of my obscession. :wink:
Thanks, I'd like that! :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Dataframe (aka Mainframe) 100% complete w/ stand/filecard:

Mainframe doing what Mainframe does best. Staying out of firefights and monitoring the situation back at Joe Headquarters... :lol:

Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Awesome Roadbuster, I am glad you finally grabbed him. i know you were looking for a long time.
-John Lennon
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Thanks! Couldn't resist that $4.99 (+$1.99 shipping) price tag. :wink: Now if I can just land a 25th Falcon...prices won't be that cheap...but at least it won't eat me alive like Alpine did. :roll:
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

MOTUC Battle Armor Skeletor and King Hssss in his human form and Snake Man form. Poor Skeletor never knew what hit him. When the King says he wanted to reclaim Snake Mountain I bet old bone head wished he had listened.
-John Lennon
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Very nice, Dai Atlas! :) Those MOTUC figures look very cool!
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Thank you Minerva, I love em!
-John Lennon
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Epic shots! Love how the vine looks like it's holding that staff too! 8) Those figures are just too damned cool too! Makes me really, really want to start collecting those...Image
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Thanks buddy!
-John Lennon
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Finally landed a 25th Lt. Falcon. Passed on the comic pack when it was in stores a few years back...had I known he was going to become such a rare figure I would have bought 5 or more of them. Anyways...picked him up loose and 100% complete for less than $10 so it was a steal.

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I've been G.I. Joe hunting lately...trying to fill in the holes that the 25th anniversary series left behind. So after scouring Ebay for reasonably priced MOC/MOSC G.I. Joes (there are none) I've fallen in love with a line that was only produced from 2005-06. The DTC (Direct to Consumer) line....only offered to G.I. Joe Collectors Club Members. The vintage-esque package art is top notch! :wink: Fits right in with the 25th Anniversary card art!

Featured below: Monkeywrench, Lt. Falcon and Airtight

One of my favorite characters...Low Light...and this is the best rendition of him to date! I usually shy away from Movie Lines....(G.I. Joe included)...but some of these POC figures are reminiscent of the ARAH characters we all loved from the 80's. Low Light is no exception. He comes equipped with more gear than any other figure I own. This guy is loaded and ready as any sniper should be....ready to stake out his kill for hours upon end if need be. :twisted:

(And yes believe it or not....he will be (gently) opened and displayed loose inside Joe HQ'ers. As the card art doesn't fit the vintage trend I have going for my MOSC collection.)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Very nice Roadbuster! Those figures are great. Perhaps after I am satisfied w/ my TF collection, I'll start collecting Joes. Something tells me, she'll definitely kill me then... :lol:
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Just tell her like I tell my wife...."They're a lot cheaper than Transformers."...just don't tell her that there are a lot more of them to get...lol
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Another one for the wall...MOSC 2005 DTC (Direct to Consumer) Footloose! No Joe collection is complete without him! Such a shame he was left out of the 25th Anniversary lineup.... :cry: Thought about getting the POC Footloose...but his desert camo design doesn't satisfy my nostalgic appetite. So this is the next best thing....besides if it isn't a throwback Footloose in his hunter green camo then it can just stay on the shelf. :wink: