New Non-TF Toy Purchases!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

This is a purchase I started several months ago (I have been paying in parts, some of you know the story), but just today I brought home a portion. Not that I complain, Todoroki Special DX:

Heavy metal, with a "spare". :lol:
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

those look epic Jose 8)
The past is the greatest teacher
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

My now transformers accusations over the last few days.

Jose

Post by Jose »

Diaclone drivers, sweet! I also don't have that version of the hip of Gats Blocker.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Is Gats blocker the thing with 14 on the sticker? Whats the hip? Those are diaclone drivers?

After voltron the only thing I recognize is the broken bat convertor.
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

LD2062 wrote:Is Gats blocker the thing with 14 on the sticker? Whats the hip? Those are diaclone drivers?

After voltron the only thing I recognize is the broken bat convertor.
Yes that is part of the Gats blocker which is a very cool toy. I had one as a kid, but it was lost in one of my family's many moves. I picked up a boxed one on that one website a few years back for pretty cheap and I must say that I love him like a son...well...not that much, but he is pretty aweome.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Got Go-Bot Water walk for $1 at the toy show yesterday. Missed out on a USS Flagg for $75. The guy wouldn't tell me if it was complete or not. He was acting strange. But for $75?? I'm hoping it wasn't complete or I'll kill myself.

Over 200 sellers tables and over 2000 people showed up. I really had to stop myself from buying anything.

Pink Starscream!

KO G1 boxes. This guy's always here. He won't get me to buy those!

I'll film the next one in December and put it on Youtube.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

'Fraid your water walk is a KO. I have one just like it. The real one is tan, and slightly different casting.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:'Fraid your water walk is a KO. I have one just like it. The real one is tan, and slightly different casting.
I don't think so; I have one in similar color, although the chest is different (purple). I have found heaps more different variations color wise with Gobots than with Transformers; I just haven't taken the time (nor disposed the budget) to collect them all.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm going to have to disagree Jose, I have both, the Go-bots one has different (squarer, i think) wingtips and tail, and has different markings and decals. I know regular go-bots had color variations, but this is not one of them. The primary 2 color gobots are
Cy-Kill (red/black)
Leader-1 (gray/blue)
Dive-Dive (gray/blue)
Buggy Man (green/orange)
Blaster (green/orange)
Crasher (black/white)
Tail Pipe (red/black)
Creepy (green/purple)

MR-31 Cessna robo IS white and blue, but his chest should be blue, too.

ONE WAY to find out... Skywarp, how's he marked?
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I always wanted an SDF-1 so I had to grab this lot, pity its all the convertor versions.

I know what all the convertors are and slicks. Whats the train?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice find, LD2062!
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

First off I am going to add my thoughts on the Cessna-robo debate.

I have to agree with Jose in that it is an original based on the colour scheme. The white chested one is actually the first version of the figure, shortly being replaced by the blue/purple chested one that you mention TT. This then paved the way for the 2nd re-colour into the familliar red and beige scheme. Of course once we know the markings on it we will know for sure.

And LD I beleive that the train is from Galactic Whirlwind Sasuraiger AKA Batrain. I can't be sure but it probably is the Convertors vesion called First Track. Select of course using the mold made by Takatoku. Clicky

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
threshold
Powermaster

Post by threshold »

Deszaras wrote:Image
Cool, I have never seen one of them before. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

@Rumble - yeah it seems likely thats him. I didn't ID him cause that picture is down, atleast for me.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

skywarp408 wrote:Got Go-Bot Water walk for $1 at the toy show yesterday. Missed out on a USS Flagg for $75. The guy wouldn't tell me if it was complete or not. He was acting strange. But for $75?? I'm hoping it wasn't complete or I'll kill myself.
Personally, if it was it was in good shape, I'd have bought it for that regardless... I mean think about it: You can't even SHIP it for that. You could've bought this, purchased a complete one on Ebay, and told them to keep all the big, bulky hard to ship stuff, LOL.

I'd kill to be able to pick up any sort of complete Flagg for $75, just so I can park my squadron of seekers and/or Valkyries on it.

Oh, and I'm remaining neutral on the Water Walk debate (though leaning towards legit). To quote the closest thing we have to an expert (toyarchive.com)
"Variations: Many countries produced Waterwalk in various colors. In Japan, Water Walk was recolored three times from white & blue. Versions range from white chest to blue chest, and lighter blue plastic and darker blue plastic."

Oh, and Gemma: That gold guy, I believe is a "Super Defender Blazing Master" from the Gundam line. The "Super Defender" part is kind of an inside joke though... they also abbreviate it as SD, and everyone knows that it *actually* should be "Super Deformed". I think they just didn't like Deformed vs. Defender for the mass market.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah, I know quite a bit about the Gundam toys. Its not my first super deformed, either. But I prefer the gundam models.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Does this count? It was either this or the $18,000 Uss Flagg. :lol: He/She doesn't transform to the best of my knowledge.

PETER IS GOD!Image
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Watch out! I bet it turns into Frenzy and Rumble's dastardly silver brother!

I'd say you made the wise choice between this and the Flagg.