Help Identify This Jet

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Help Identify This Jet

Post by NUCKATRON »

Help identify this jet i just got. Is it a Jet Fire Transformer? Robotech?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

I believe its a robotech but I could be wrong because my jetfire is in storage.
"Make deals, not war!"

Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Didn't you ask about this in a different topic already? Or was this the first one?

Here is yet another link to what appears to be the same Jetfire Macross one.

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3486
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by NUCKATRON »

Computron wrote:Didn't you ask about this in a different topic already? Or was this the first one?

Oh wow, That must be the guy who sold it to me! Trip out! Thanks for looking that up for me. :o
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

NUCKATRON wrote:
Computron wrote:Didn't you ask about this in a different topic already? Or was this the first one?

Oh wow, That must be the guy who sold it to me! Trip out! Thanks for looking that up for me. :o
I doubt it's the guy that sold it to you... more likely, he was also considering buying it.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

No, I sold it. It came in a box of stuff a friend asked me to list. Normally I would have kept a macross item for my collection but I already have a jetfire, and that ones condition was to poor for me to keep it as a 2nd. Although if it had had the macross super armor that would have been different.
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by NUCKATRON »

LD2062 wrote:No, I sold it. It came in a box of stuff a friend asked me to list. Normally I would have kept a macross item for my collection but I already have a jetfire, and that ones condition was to poor for me to keep it as a 2nd. Although if it had had the macross super armor that would have been different.
Well, the Jet is going to be my first Macross. Im very excited about it. I dont know if i got a deal on it or what, but i know i cant wait to get it. Ive always wanted one.

Is the Jet best left alone in its poor condition, or should i spend some cash on it to get it restored to a better condition? Im a new collector and would like some advice if anyone would be so kind as to what to do with my "POOR CONDITION MACROSS". :wink:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

My advice is to start by re-reading the discussion thread you were linked to in one of these posts! ;)
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by NUCKATRON »

Banzai-Tron wrote:My advice is to start by re-reading the discussion thread you were linked to in one of these posts! ;)
:? okay?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I cannot tell you what the value is, although I listed it at the minimum I guessed it was worth. Now there are things you can do try and remove the yellowing, but those steps would destroy all the decals. So if you are attached to it a macross I think you'll have to live with the yellowing.

If you're a jetfire man you might risk it, and simply repaint it after.

I recommend you just try cleaning it. use dish soap and water on a q-tip over any paint. Isopropyl alcohol on the white parts, also using a q-tip.

I don't know about spending on restoration. You could easily win a jetfire in much better condition for 30-40
NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by NUCKATRON »

LD2062 wrote:I cannot tell you what the value is, although I listed it at the minimum I guessed it was worth. Now there are things you can do try and remove the yellowing, but those steps would destroy all the decals. So if you are attached to it a macross I think you'll have to live with the yellowing.

If you're a jetfire man you might risk it, and simply repaint it after.

I recommend you just try cleaning it. use dish soap and water on a q-tip over any paint. Isopropyl alcohol on the white parts, also using a q-tip.

I don't know about spending on restoration. You could easily win a jetfire in much better condition for 30-40
Great ideas! I do wanna keep it a Macross and i do really think the grime and yellowing make it look like its been through hell n' back. (battle torn) LOL. But Ide like to find out if i could possibly find some new replacement decals. Do you know of anywhere where I could buy some?

I wouldnt even wash it, maybe whipe off the shyt stain on the leg a lil, but even that might be taking away from its character. :wink:

I would just replace any stickers that could use replacing should i find some new ones.

For me its a keeper. My first Macross <3 8)
Mr. T says... "moe den meats dee eye, FOO!"

(insert transformation sound here)