The Corps!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

The Corps!

Post by The Last Autobot »

Who else collects these? They're basically just a poor man's GI Joe, but they are neat. I found the six I used to have as we were moving today and got back into them. Also, anybody know of a reputable place to buy them?
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Re: The Corps!

Post by captainamerica »

The Last Autobot wrote:Who else collects these? They're basically just a poor man's GI Joe, but they are neat. I found the six I used to have as we were moving today and got back into them. Also, anybody know of a reputable place to buy them?
I love em. Especially the Star Force, Emergency/Rescue, and Police sets. I have a fire truck that's one of my favorite 3.75" scale vehicles. I bet I have a hundred figures, and I'm not even working on a complete set. Here's some older pics of my collection:

A commemorative 10-figure set was released through WalMart earlier this year featuring some of the classic characters, a couple in new colors.

I'm sure I have some extra loose figures, and a couple boxed vehicles, and maybe a couple carded emergency rescue sets if you're interested.

Here's the firetruck:
My heart is die-cast.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Not bad, thanks for sharing!

I have a few junkers, spare figures and accessories. PM me if you're interested.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I loved the little commandos! I had like 20-30 figures, an ambulance, attack truck with canvas, military boat, jet-ski, those motor bikes they came with, and my favorite, the one man-on machine gun "command-copter". Oh memories......

Right now im in the process of looking for all mine after 5 years....
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

I only ever had four. Large Sarge, Bengala, John Eagle, and Boomerang Billie. I currently am looking for some weapons. Specifically the sniper rifle looking guns they carried. I have Large Sarge's bazooka type thing, Justin Case's machine gun and some random pistol (both donated to me by Jazz) and a crossbow. PM me if you're willing to sell any of your weapons.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

PM sent.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Gracias!
henrygrik
Noob

Re: The Corps!

Post by henrygrik »

Hi captain america
You have done a great job. You are having a great collection of different cops in different dress code.If you have a some other such picture than please post out all here.
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

thank you very much. There's one other cop that tops my want list, the Canadian Mountie:

The one pictured belongs to a friend. His collection is 5-6 times the size of mine.
My heart is die-cast.
henrygrik
Noob

The Corps!

Post by henrygrik »

Hi,
Can i know the name of your friends, who is having such a huge collection of corps. Is he available in these forum. I just love these. Please tell your friend to post his collection's photos.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Sarge and the boys.

Their tricked out ride.

Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

not sure I understand collecting these...

but I guess it's like Gobots... huh?

I had one of the three packs of these as a kid... I had them test the parachutes and rocket cars I made for the joes... lol
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

What's to understand? They're action figures, with multiple series released over a period of many years.

For me, they're a great mix of two of my childhood favorites: the posabilty of GI Joes with characters like you'd find in the Fisher Price Adventure People.

Also, obscure lines like these are fun and challenging to collect. There's seldom any comprehensive references like TFs, SW, and Joes have; they're a lot less plentiful; much less expensive, and there's always another variation to track down.
My heart is die-cast.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice Collections! I seem to recall having a few of these myself though I haven't a clue as to what happened to them.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

you warped them into the sun remember now? :lol:

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

captainamerica wrote:What's to understand? They're action figures, with multiple series released over a period of many years.

For me, they're a great mix of two of my childhood favorites: the posabilty of GI Joes with characters like you'd find in the Fisher Price Adventure People.

Also, obscure lines like these are fun and challenging to collect. There's seldom any comprehensive references like TFs, SW, and Joes have; they're a lot less plentiful; much less expensive, and there's always another variation to track down.
just my opinion mind you. but I always thought they looked off. and GI joe was always sitting there looking well thought out proportioned and eash one with his own style.... just not sure how anybody ever bought the first one.

the three I had were a present so I acted really happy about them... lol
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
The Last Autobot
City Commander

A Corps! motorcycle.

The same motorcycle but with Ocho riding it.

captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Silverbolt wrote:and GI joe was always sitting there looking well thought out proportioned and eash one with his own style....
I think you might have forgotten about virtually all the Joes after 89:
Sonic Fighters
Super Sonic Fighters
Eco-Warriors
Talking Battle Commanders
Air Commandos
DEF
Ninja Force
Mega Marines <these still bug me today!>
Star Brigade
Street Fighter 2
Shadow Ninjas:
Battle Corps! -which included Ice Cream Soldier, more corps-ish than most corps figures!

Each of the above sub-lines suffered from hideous colors, most had goofy gimmicks, and all had some figures that were, and are, just crap.

And that's not to say that everything from 82-89 was gold either. Crystal Ball, Raptor, and Psyche-Out come to mind as clunkers that never should have seen the light out of day outside Rhode Island.
My heart is die-cast.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

captainamerica wrote:
I think you might have forgotten about virtually all the Joes after 89 [snip}

Each of the above sub-lines suffered from hideous colors, most had goofy gimmicks, and all had some figures that were, and are, just crap.
Of course, you have to remember that these all came from the same era that brought us Zubiez! :roll:
The Last Autobot
City Commander

captainamerica wrote:
Silverbolt wrote:and GI joe was always sitting there looking well thought out proportioned and eash one with his own style....
I think you might have forgotten about virtually all the Joes after 89:
Sonic Fighters
Super Sonic Fighters
Eco-Warriors
Talking Battle Commanders
Air Commandos
DEF
Ninja Force
Mega Marines <these still bug me today!>
Star Brigade
Street Fighter 2
Shadow Ninjas:
Battle Corps! -which included Ice Cream Soldier, more corps-ish than most corps figures!

And that's not to say that everything from 82-89 was gold either. Crystal Ball, Raptor, and Psyche-Out come to mind as clunkers that never should have seen the light out of day outside Rhode Island.
Check out Lars Lazer. Basically the same toy (differently colored) as Ice Cream Solder.