gundam repair question (ball joint loose)

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Optimal Optimus
Decoy

gundam repair question (ball joint loose)

Post by Optimal Optimus »

i got the misa wing zero custom and it has ball joints to connect the main wings to the figure and they are very loose to the point that they keep falling off whenever you adjust them is there away to tighten them to a point were they don't fall off as easily?
im currently looking for any optimus primal's slash parts for '96 let me know if you have them
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Just put a scrap of tissue over the joint.
Optimal Optimus
Decoy

Post by Optimal Optimus »

Thanks I'll give it a try
im currently looking for any optimus primal's slash parts for '96 let me know if you have them
greatshot
Targetmaster

Post by greatshot »

A tip that I havent used but heard about a few times.

- in the socket of the part that snaps on the balljoint, put a little drop of super glue, spread that out smoothly. Let it dry for a few hours. If the glue is fully dry, snap the part back on.

This should provide more friction to the joint. Try at your own risk :wink:
I know a few guys who have done this on brand new ROTF toys that came with loose joints (straight out of the box).
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I've heard superglue ruins the plastic. I would use the tissue solution - I sometimes thought about using clear nail polish.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I still prefer the tissue solution. I've got almost 100 gundam models and its great for the ones with the huge wings and things.
maliya1
Noob

Re: gundam repair question (ball joint loose)

Post by maliya1 »

Hi Guys,magic 8 ball
Hey fellow Gundam enthusiasts, Dealing with a pesky loose ball joint on my Gundam model. Tried tightening, but it's still wobbly. Considering using a tiny bit of clear nail polish or super glue for a more lasting fix. Any tips or alternative solutions? Want to make sure the repair is sturdy without sacrificing articulation.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'd suggest "Kiki Fix Loose Joints Action Figure". It's a urethane compound that's safe for most toy plastics, can be scraped away if needed, and comes in a little applicator bottle. A little goes a long way, and it doesn't react or leave a crusty residue like using glues to tighten joints does.
Aditi5897
Noob

Post by Aditi5897 »

Optimal Optimus wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:37 pm i got the misa wing zero custom and it has ball joints to connect the main wings to the figure and they are very loose to the point that they keep falling off whenever you adjust them is there away to tighten them to a point were they don't fall off as easily?
Certainly, Loose ball joints can be frustrating, but there are a few methods to tighten them. One option is to apply a small amount of clear nail polish or super glue around the joint, allowing it to dry before reattaching the wings. Another method is to use a small piece of tape wrapped around the ball joint to add friction. Be cautious not to apply too much force, as it may damage the figure.