g i Joe rubber bands?

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

g i Joe rubber bands?

Post by Silverbolt »

Where do I buy proper repair bands? I have a couple grocery bags of Joes and parts. And thanks to season 3 of G1 and Capt. Fairborne I got an itch to open it up and see what I need to get some of them out and about. Last time I looked I recall a lot of dry rotted bands.
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

There's a billion places to buy them. Heck, you can even find them in hardware stores.

You're looking for "o-rings". The inside diameter should be 7/16", outside diameter 5/8", cross section 3/32", or thereabouts. In a hardware store, you can often find them as "Plumber's O-rings". You'll be looking for size 8, 9 or 10. (This is a matter of personal preference, really. There was a slight variation in sizes over the years. Newer 0-ringed Joes use a smaller band than the vintage ones.)

They're pretty cheap. The easiest thing to do is google for "Joe o-rings" and pick a seller.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

I would have just googled it but I am having problems with my computer. All my searches are redirecting to apartment ads and other things I wouldn't dream of searching for. I may have found the adware and booted it last night but i'm not sure yet. And now I know I can just hit up home depot tomorrow. And knowing is half the battle
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

They are on Ebay too.
PETER IS GOD!Image
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

my cousins used to repair their broken joes with the cheaper action figures. the "knock off" gi joes. i'd recommend that as they can be found very cheap at flea markets and stuff like that.
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)