captain power

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

captain power

Post by Silverbolt »

So in my big bag of G.I Joe stuff I found captain power's forearm. I had completely forgotten about this series and toys but I had a bunch of this stuff as a kid but all I have left is that forearm. Anybody here got any of this stuff? I'd love to see it if you do!
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I still don't really understand why Captain Power didn't take off bigger than it did. It was a pretty cool concept, and decent toys.

That said, I never bought any of it. It was all about the TFs for me as a kid.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Captain Power, thats the ships that shoot at the video on tv?

I never had any myself, but a one of my friends did. Cool stuff.

$350 on ebay will get you a nice set.

Moderator question: I know links to ebay are not allowed, but can an item number alone be posted?
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

I have a PM box...
lol
I really liked that show as a kid... and I remember being really bummed when it quit coming on....

funny the hero ship was called the XT 7 now I drive a car called an XT...
wacky coincidence...
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Thanks for the PM! I watched the first episode of this on youtube last night. Man they have everything on there. If I can find a decent set of figures at a good price I will likely pick them up. Even setting the nostalgia goggles aside it's an awesome mix of live action and cgi for 1987. Haha.
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

beware when buying the figures that all the accessories are VERY BRITTLE. Sauron's wings & Blastarr's gun are probably the worst of the bunch for breakage, but they can all be fragile.

With some hunting, you should be able to get most of the figures carded for $10-15 each, some of the accessories/playsets are very hard to come by, the interactive sets fall inbetween the figs and playsets as far as rarity & price.
My heart is die-cast.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

I found his gun in my bag too!

haha now I have an arm and a gun..hahaha
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I have all of the figures including a few doubles. I loved captain power's show. So much in fact that I now own every episode on dvd! Its a really great series when you get to watch them all. Im actually missing one figure now that I think of it. Stingray Johnson, the underwater guy. My buddy has the bases, power command posts, and I think all the vehicles. Im almost done digging through my stuff, and then i'll post pictures.
R.I.P. Menasor
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Cool! Looking forward to those pics!
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Indeed! Love to see the pix!

You have a Tritor and Cpl Pilot Chase? very cool indeed!
My heart is die-cast.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Well here are the pics of my buddy's collection. Pilot and Dread are on the other side of the black base on the very right side. I forgot to get a wider shot.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jakalair
Minispy

Post by Jakalair »

I am actually in the process of backing up my remaining VHS tapes and stumbled across one of the VHS tapes. Sad that most of them will probably be lost forever when the VHS dies since there will be no legal way to buy/sell them once that happens.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

One word, Jakalair:

eBay.
The Dark is Coming
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Jakalair wrote:I am actually in the process of backing up my remaining VHS tapes and stumbled across one of the VHS tapes. Sad that most of them will probably be lost forever when the VHS dies since there will be no legal way to buy/sell them once that happens.
The FAR more difficult thing will be finding a working CRT Television, since none of this stuff works with modern LCD/Plasma. (Not sure if it works with LED TVs, but my gut reaction to the idea is "No, it won't").
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I have the entire tv series on dvd. The hard part is, the little lights dont work for lcds. I still have a crt tv in my toy room, just because I like using my snes super scope still.
R.I.P. Menasor
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Well I can't seem to find them on DVD and youtube seems to stop at ep4. Oh well. It was fun to watch for a minute anyway. And it's not like it's got more than one season anyway.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Go to http://captainpower.com/ and you can find the dvds there. Thats how I got them.
R.I.P. Menasor
80stoyshop
Decoy

Post by 80stoyshop »

i have captain power action figures mint on card for sale in my vintage toy store

mint in sealed box of 12x mattel 1986

corporal pilot chase

i also have 12x lord dread moc

:D pm me if anyone want to discuss
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
Jakalair wrote:I am actually in the process of backing up my remaining VHS tapes and stumbled across one of the VHS tapes. Sad that most of them will probably be lost forever when the VHS dies since there will be no legal way to buy/sell them once that happens.
The FAR more difficult thing will be finding a working CRT Television, since none of this stuff works with modern LCD/Plasma. (Not sure if it works with LED TVs, but my gut reaction to the idea is "No, it won't").
It should work with a LCD TV, but the picture quality will be horrible.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I think the reason that kind of stuff doesn't work with lcd's is because the light beam from the device needs to reflect off of something. Since crt's are glass, the beam bounces off and reflects back to the sensor. I tried every way possible to use the super scope on my LCD with no luck since the screen is basically a matte finish with little reflection.
R.I.P. Menasor