Any gundam experts here?

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Any gundam experts here?

Post by Dinobot »

I know several of you are somewhat into Gundam stuff. I am wanting to get a few sets of Gundam for some customizing/kitbashing. Im not sure if any of you remember the game Battleclash for the superscope 6 on super nintendo. Im wanting to make a fw of those robots out of gundam vehicles. I will try and get as many pictures of them on here as I can tonight. Any help would be awesome on those who closely resemble them.
R.I.P. Menasor
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I loved those games. And I'm very familiar with gundam models. I have over 100.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Well it took me longer than expected to post these, but I finally got the pictures of all the bad guys in the photobucket album listed below. Im still having trouble finding a picture of the main vehicle you're in, but im sure ill find it. Any help would be awesome!
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x40/ ... ttleclash/

Here's a pic of the ST Falcon which is the ship you fight in:
R.I.P. Menasor
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

The good new is most all gundam models use the same basic layout. So it should be fairly easy to swap arms or legs from one model to another. Just make sure you get the same scale and grade. So stick with say 1/144 HG for all your parts. That is a good scale to because they are nicely detailed models, with lots of poseability but run like $20 or less. 1/100 MG run around $50.

If you try and use the 1/144 that don't say HG, the ones that run like $6, you will have to do a LOT more customizing. Those $6 are like 20 piece models and basically the arms might be moveable at the shoulder. They don't really have much more articulation than that. The exception being perhaps to buy them for accessories.

Well for the mech you fight in Kampfer from the 0080 series might make a good base. or perhaps a zaku, there are tons of versions of zaku. some have leg jets. Zaku can provide the waist tubes and things. The zaku arms would be closer too. There is one of $6 models that has a similar backpack. M1 Astray from gundam seed destiny.

The enemy ones are harder. Mainly you want to look at the zeon suits. They often used the spiked or horned shoulders. And are basically the only ones that don't have a boxy or angular look. There is not much to work with for the fat ones.

For the tall ones with thin limbs look at the gundam 00 series. The mechas from the Union or AEU factions. but thats a newer series, and those are the enemy suits. so there simply won't be many models out yet to choose from.

The master gundam from gundam G might be a good start for an enemy too.

For that blue enemy the torso and shoulders from 0080 hygogg might be useful.

A couple links for you:

This is a very extensive database of mecha info. And is very comprehensive about gundams. But its not about gundam MODELS. So if you find a gundam that would be useful, you'd then have to google if there is a model of it. They have some info about gundam models, but its not thorough.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htm

Next is a store I've bought from. They have pictures of LOTS of gundam models, and their prices are reasonable, or even cheap on some. But they are out of stock on many things, actually you've find most gundam model stores in the US don't carry tons of inventory. Its simply not a huge seller here.

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundam.html
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Thank you very much LD, I am defiantely looking into these! I would really love to have these guys as close to the game as possible.
R.I.P. Menasor