Lego Kingdom Sets

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Lego Kingdom Sets

Post by Countdown »

Hi all,

I am big into the nostalgia factor that Transformers bring. I grew up with them in the 80's and early 90's. That is why I will be a G1er for life.

---

On that note, I also grew up with Lego sets. I probably had more Lego sets than I did Transformers. I think a few of you on the forums here collect them as well. I am thinking of collecting the Kingdoms sets and possibly later on the Pirates sets.

I have a few questions for those of you who collect Lego sets.

What is fair prices for complete sets.

Where can you get them online (ebay I know of)?

What do you think of your sets?

Where do you display them?

I think I just need to make the leap and get my first set and be happy with it, but since I traditionally only collect Transformers I am concerned about paying too much.

Of course I would be happy to hear any thoughts on Lego in general. I am very interested in hearing any replies.

Thanks!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I love legos, but i dont have anymore of them. For online places, lego.com might be one, but target, Toys R us, and Walmart have all the new stuff. If you want older sets though for example the Death Star II which im looking for, ebay is the only way and people charge ridiculous amounts for them. Be prepared to spend more on Legos than G1 stuff.
R.I.P. Menasor
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

There is a wonderful site out there where you can pretty much find anything you are looking for. It has sets from all ranges like Bionicle to Star Wars to City/Town/Fire, you name it, they probably have it. They sell individual pieces as well as mini figures and sets. I've used it before in the past and I plan to use it soon to reacquire my Bionicle Collection- I need to get the six Toa Nuva, Takutanuva, Makuta, and an exosuit.

This site is called Bricklink.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah, its really surprising how much legos sell for. I always buy legos when I find them at garage sales. But thats almost always loose parts. Once I found the ninja emperors castle at a garage sale, still had the box and instructions so I posted it on ebay. Sold for $95, and that was hardly the highest listed one.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Bricklink is one of the better sources. It's a collection of fixed-price sellers. Some set can be had cheaper on Ebay, if you are willing to wait for the right price. If you just want to get it and get it over with, OR if you're completing a few missing pieces from a set (or making your own creation and need that one part that you don't have), BRICKLINK!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

I have just as much (if not more) lego than TFs I have have had lego since I was a kid and started collecting again 3 years ago mainly Star Wars lego but I have alot of other sets too :D Bricklink is awesome as long as U get the right seller What are U after speciffically I ll let U know If I can help :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Thank you to everyone for all the friendly advice. It is much appreciated.

@ Cliffjumper: I don't know. Mainly Kingdoms sets. I think the entire medieval sets look awesome. I kind of want them all. :(

I was thinking of starting with the Kindoms sets since they are current.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

ok cool I have some older ones around somewhere If U would like them :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".