Lightsabers!!!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm guessing saber color kind of fell under the purview of things GL didn't think were going to be "that important" when he was making the original trilogy. I saw the black bladed saber when I was on Wookiepedia looking up the crystal name. Your replica looks cool! how are you doing the lighted halo?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I basically take a clear polyc tube like we use for the lightsabers already, and paint the inside of it. I use 1/8th" wide painters tape and make 3 stripes down it not quite opposing each side. Still working out the tip issue though.
R.I.P. Menasor
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, those lightsabers look great and the crystals really add a nice touch to them! I wouldn't exactly call myself a Star Wars fan, but they are pretty darn cool!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I find it odd how Darth Maul kinda opened the floodgates to atypical lightsaber configurations, and after that point it seems like there are more wild variations than there are "normal" lightsabers... only later (in-continuity) do people seem to go back to a standard style.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i would have done the staff style saber too its just too bad @ss

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Steeljaw wrote:All my lightsabers are plastic. I wish I could afford a masterpiece lightsaber or build some like yours Dinobot but I like dueling with them so that might not work. :lol:
All the lightsabers I own with the exception of maybe one, are duelable. The ones i've built, are all duelable, the parts are made for it.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Deulable? explain
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crankshaft
Targetmaster

Post by Crankshaft »

Yeah, I had a lightsabre that came with my Darth Vader Halloween costume when I was a kid. :)
Optimus: Transfuhm und uttuhk!!

Bumblebee: What did you say?

Optimus: *takes down faceplate* I said transform and attack!!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Well I have made two more sabers since ive been offline for a bit. When master replicas started making lightsabers, people were inevitably going to duel with them so the first versions were merely display pieces, but the newer non-el versions could be dueled with but lightly. Then the little leds that they changed over to from el started to go out, and you get a tiger stripe blade lol. The ones I buy/convert/make, have one super bright led in the hilt of the lightsaber, and the blade is hollow. The blades are also thicker and can stand up to just about anything.

My buddy's bday in march put all my sabers to the test. Each one was outside during our epic lightsaber battle. The only casualty was one of the blade tips came unglued and went missing. It still worked. I learned also to tape the battery pack so the hits wouldnt jar the batteries loose which happened a few times. I even dueled with one of my "display" pieces. I used it cause I know how to take it easy, and it never had an issue.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

My son (12) is into Star Wars pretty heavily. I encourage this by getting him figures, vehicles, video games (he has 15 or so Star Wars titles for PS1-PS3), exc... His favorite character is Darth Maul and he's wanting a dual-bladed master replica lightsaber pretty bad. He already has plenty of the $19.99 electronic lightsabers you get at Wal-Mart but he's wanting to upgrade...lol. I know he'll be "dueling" with it or "striking" objects on the regular even though I've explained to him that these should be for display only but it sounds like you've perfected these items for sparring or role-play use. So, for someone that knows more about these than I do...how much would one run constructed from scratch (by you + labor costs) vs. retail?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

PM roadbuster.
R.I.P. Menasor