Lightsabers!!!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Lightsabers!!!

Post by Dinobot »

Ok, I know im not the only Star Wars fan here, but I think my passion for lightsabers has just about reached my passion for Transformers. I have a grand total of 19 prop replica lightsabers. Three are getting rebuilt, yes I said rebuilt, and im the one doing it. Three of them are on their way. I love these things, and now that I can make my own, electronics and all, its getting out of hand. I have one im building that is so sharp, its almost cost me an eye, and cut me twice.

The first pics are the ones that are built and working, but one of my Luke saber's batteries are dead as well as my custom orange one, but its still somewhat visible. The third picture is my three im rebuilding now. My Darth Vader is up next for conversion. Some of the leds in the blade went out and thats no beuno. Here is the list in appearance top to bottom: Darth Maul Double bladed, Count Dooku, Darth Vader, Mace Windu, Luke ROTJ, Obi Wan TPM, Anakin AOTC, The Mark 1, Luke ROTJ V2, Custom Rahm Kota Force unleashed game, custom "Justice", Custom Kyle Katarn from jedi knight 2 game, Starkiller force unleashed game, no name custom (sharp!), and the A'sharad Hett. The sharp middle one is going to have the shroud painted red, and im gonna do a leather wrap with strands coming off laced with shark's teeth. Very mean and intimidating. The three still coming (not pictured) are: Luke ESB, Qui Gon Jinn TPM, and Ahsoka Tano from the clone wars. Here are the pics:
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, that's impressive! Very cool!
For how long have you been collecting?
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

#$@!$ AWESOME!!!

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

That is awesome indeed! I love Star Wars myself in fact I prefer it over Transformers because there is much more to it and the Universe is far bigger and more interesting. Anyway Awesome Lightsabers bud, your training is now complete and your journey to becoming one with the force has begun.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

nice do i even want to know how much they cost lol.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Thanks! As far as my collecting goes, I think i started about 2005 when the lightsaber collectibles started to hit the market. I bought my Vader at best buy, and thought these are so cool. Well, since then, forums have started up that do full on custom and conversion jobs, as well as a website to buy your own parts from to make them. Its a fun hobby, I dont have as much into it as I do TFs, but the two collections are my favorite of all that I own. Its a fun hobby, and after making your first lightsaber, you're hooked.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Damn, those are awesome! 8) Lightsabers aren't cheap either. How much does it cost to build one from scratch (buying the parts) compared to retail (or resale) on the second hand market?
Blaster
Targetmaster

Post by Blaster »

Sweet!!! My girls love watching two shows with me. Transformers and Star Wars. My wife tells me I'm going to twist my children.
Awesome Collection
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

They're not cheap for sure, but not too expensive either. I have had 6 years to build that collection. A regular hasbro/master replicas lightsaber you can get for just under $100, sometimes even cheaper, depending on where you look for them. A custom piece will cost a little more depending on how crazy you feel like getting. You can build a basic custom saber for under $100. Once you want to add sound, depending on what type, thats where the real cost comes in. The one saber in the middle, the "sharp" one, total that one cost me about $140, all custom. The sharp part of it is just a sink tube cut to make the cool design.
R.I.P. Menasor
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Awesome, dude! I have the replica Luke one from Return of the Jedi. It's one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia.

What I've wanted to get my hands on for a long time are the ones you can smash together that they use when they film the movies. Admittedly, they don't glow, but smashing lightsabers together is more satisfying than watching them glow.
Red Hope
Targetmaster

Post by Red Hope »

Oh that's wicked... I like the red one! ;) I enjoyed the older SW movies, especially with my brother. To this day, those movies are amazing.

Cries and screams are music to my ears.
-Soundwave
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Dinobot wrote:Thanks! As far as my collecting goes, I think i started about 2005 when the lightsaber collectibles started to hit the market. I bought my Vader at best buy, and thought these are so cool. Well, since then, forums have started up that do full on custom and conversion jobs, as well as a website to buy your own parts from to make them. Its a fun hobby, I dont have as much into it as I do TFs, but the two collections are my favorite of all that I own. Its a fun hobby, and after making your first lightsaber, you're hooked.
Awesome collection! I had no idea they made those.
So, when you make your own, did you have to use the Force to correctly position the dilithium crystals? 8)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Dilithium crystals... LOL! :lol:
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Dilithium crsytals eh? lol
R.I.P. Menasor
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

how true steeljaw. *looks at dinobot and waves hand* you must send these out to your online friends on this forum.........

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Dinobot wrote:Dilithium crsytals eh? lol
I knew there was some type of crystal that you have to use the force to position so the thing doesn't explode, but I couldn't find (even on Wookiepedia) a name for them other than "focusing crystals". So I went with Dilithium cus it came to mind :lol:
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Why am I having the sudden urge to keep these things? Somebody is trying to use the old jedi mind trick on me but doing it wrong lol.

They are force crystals or focus crystals, not much of a name for the most needed part of a lightsaber. Dilithium would be funny, but that might start an inter-fandom war. Kinda like that movie Fanboys. Whats funny is, there are now people creating inner crystal chambers that have a little window so that you can see a lit up crystal inside the lightsaber when its on. Im working on one but its taking forever because its pretty dang difficult, but they look awesome. Here's a pic of a few (not mine):
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Good lord... That is just....

AWESOME. I guess focus crystals are typically quartz? :P
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

For use in prop replicas yes, quartz is the best. In the clone wars cartoon that cam out a few years ago. The crystals are colored, and you're drawn to your crystal. There are tons of colors, but ol George L wanted to make it boring with the few colors in the movies. There are orange, red, yellow, purple, white, green, blue, aqua, and black. Yes, I said black. Here is a black bladed saber that im working on, and a pic from teh star wars game force unleahed:
R.I.P. Menasor