bootleg k.o transformers ?

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
80stoyshop
Decoy

bootleg k.o transformers ?

Post by 80stoyshop »

any help tips and advice on these

ive never seen these before and cant find anything on them

any history price guide much appriciated... sorry for blurry pics i dont have a great camera

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

hahah that dinosaur guy is just a KO Jumpstarter with a removable head LOL!!!!

Looks like some stuff from the 80's when everybody was trying to make a transforming robot toy.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Are you trying to sell it on ebay or something? I don't deal a lot with g1 stuff, and really rarely with boxed items. But I have had a few ko jumpstarters.

In general KO jumpstarters are more valuable than genuine ones. Using Buy Now rather than auctions, about $10-$15 depending on how nice and complete it is. Now yours have boxes, I think you have a shot at $20 for the red if you have that gray gun, but $25 -$30 seems reasonable for the dino one just because its so unique (add dinobot to the title when listing it). Maybe more depending on how long you're willing to wait for it to sell. If you price things high they might sell, but waiting 6+ months is not unusual.

I don't know how you'd do with an auction. Usually you'd get less than a buy now. But given how unusual these are and that you have the boxes they might do unusually well. But I wouldn't count on it.

The blue one isn't based on any transformer I know off. I doubt its got real value. I'd guess usually almost nothing, but maybe up to $10 since its in the box.

Also be aware that selling KOs is technically not permitted on ebay, not that that seems to stop the thousands of overseas sellers. So there is a possibility that someone would tag your listing and ebay would pull it. But these are not really direct copies of the original figures, even the red one has extra parts to make the vehicle different. Just make sure you mention in the listing its not a takara product, that it just looks like a jumpstarter.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I've actually owned all these KO's at some point, though not in that kind of shape. I know there are people who are interested in these vintage wannabes, so best of luck.

LD- I'll also point out that the KO Jumpstarters are HUGE compared to originals. close to twice the size!

The car was co-released with a spaceship thing that Jose identified as being from a anime called Xabungle... though i'm not sure the car was designed for the same.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

LD- I'll also point out that the KO Jumpstarters are HUGE compared to originals. close to twice the size!
Hmm, I think my last red one was the same size as the original.

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq24 ... twintwist/
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I had that "Ironcar" robot. I can't relate it to anything, so maybe TT is confusing me with someone else. But, please let me know if you want to part with it, as just for fun I would like to have it.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

What i meant, was that the KO Ironcar was released by teh same KOer that did Xabungle. I thought it was you that id'd the Xabungle stuff anyway...
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:What i meant, was that the KO Ironcar was released by teh same KOer that did Xabungle. I thought it was you that id'd the Xabungle stuff anyway...
Yes, I got that. But I didn't identify Xabungle. Actually, I have just learned about it because of your post.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

well, SOMEONE spotted it, who knows about old japanese stuff and/or anime. Sorry for the mis-accusation, Jose.
80stoyshop
Decoy

Post by 80stoyshop »

hi thanks guys... yes will be looking to sell on greedebay.. will be on ebay.co.uk so keep a look out if interested

or folks can ovbiously pm me here too lol

thanks for that made for some interesting reading
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I think that was me that knew about Xabungle stuff. As it relates to these knockoffs, there was Ironcar X (the blue one), which is a knockoff of the Blue Gale Xabungle. Then there was Ironcar Y, which was a knockoff of Irongear. As you may have guessed, "Ironcar" was a bad mistranslation of Irongear, or possibly an intentional attempt to avoid copyright.

As far as I know, these knockoffs were the only actual Xabungle toys sold in the U.S.

Also, 80stoyshop, please PM me with asking prices for this stuff. I'm especially interested in the Jumpstarter knock-offs.