What other robots do you collect?

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

What other robots do you collect?

Post by Time Traveller »

While we're on the topic of counterfeits and non-Transformers, what other transforming (or not!) robots do you collect? I've seen a few Macross items in some of your collections, the occasional Gundam, what else?

As you all know, I'm a huge GoBots fan. I've just always loved the toys, with their realistic alt modes (usually) and high construction quality. Over the years, it has led me to collect everything GoBots, mostly because it's inexpensive and kitschy.
Some of you may also remember my dear relationship with MC Toys/ Zee Toys Moto-Bots, which started my transforming robot frenzy.
Some other hangers-on around here include:
Takara Kronoform (poor man's Diaclone)
Marchon RoadBots
Bandai Machine Robo & Robo Machine
Takara Robotech Robolinks (AKA Takara Blockmen)
King Dam (Browning and Dia-Battles)
Bandai Voltron
Playmates Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
Bandai Power Rangers (Just 3 select Megazords from my youth)
Galoob Z-Bots Combiners
... and that's about it?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I'm a huge Gundam fan. I've built over a hundred models and I've got a bin full of their figures too. Also a fan of Macross. I've got a cool model of the macross frontier valkyrie. But I've love a transforming action figure of it. The model is a bit delicate to keep handling. Armored core too. I got some cool figures, never had one of their models though. A few random individual figures like robocop, ironman, a couple power rangers megazords and other sentai combiners.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Sadly, I don't have any non-transforming/transforming robots that aren't Transformers. Had a small Go-Bots collection I actually found in an attic of an old house, but those went to Galvatron in a trade. I've got some B.A.T's from G.I. Joe but I don't think those count. :lol: Probably the closest thing I have (they're not robots....but "sort of" transform) is my M.A.S.K collection.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I like all 70s/early 80s Japanese robots, and if the price is ok, I go for it. I simply love them. I have a few GoBots, which I like especially because of the size and detail. Small and nice fits perfect in my collection.

I also have a few Macross Valkyries, the SDF 1, 4 Mospeada Cyclone bikes - 1 big and 3 small ones -, and 2 small Alpha figthers. They are sort of crude, but I love them. And the pride of my collection, the Arrow Emblem Todoroki Special, from the Popy /Popinica series. You can disassemble it to change the spoilers and recreate another version of the car.

One of my dream figures, but it's too expensive, is the Tetsujin/Ironman 28 DX robot. I've seen it twice on eBay (in 10+ years) and cracked, and missing accesories, going for usD 800+- Oh boy...
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

My non-transformers collections consist mostly of non-robot toys.
I do like vintage Japanese robots though, such as Godaikin/Chogokin. Unfortunately they're usually quite pricy, so I haven't gotten there yet.
I did recently acquire a Soul of Chogokin GX-33 Leopaldon and Spiderman set, which I really like. However, one figure doesn't make a collection, so I have to work on that. :P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I think this thread needs some pix!

RB: T-Bob is a robot, right? :roll:

Jose: I've seen some Tetsujins on eBay sell for $8,000-10,00. Those were complete/boxed stuff though. What's the Arrow Emblem thingie?

LD: I didn't know you were a modeler. Pix! Do you display them?
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

I have some Godaikin's, Go-bots, Italian Diaclone (GiG) and some other brands I can't seem to remember :(

Some of them I've had since I was a boy.
PETER IS GOD!Image
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

LD: I didn't know you were a modeler. Pix! Do you display them?
I had them up at my last house but when I moved I no longer had shelves available for everything, so they are stored. THe photos of them I lost even before that. They went with a computer that died 2 laptops ago.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Oh yeah, pictures...

I'm missing the driver, but can't complain... It's totally badass if you ask me.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:I think this thread needs some pix!

RB: T-Bob is a robot, right? :roll:
Yeah, but I don't own T-Bob. :lol: One day. Him and Scott Trakker won't cost me an arm-and-a-leg so it might happen.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

So, a Ferrari 312 T8, and the offspring of a Tyrell P34 and a Ferrari T6... are those re-combinable or something? Why are they in pieces in the box?
Jose

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:So, a Ferrari 312 T8, and the offspring of a Tyrell P34 and a Ferrari T6... are those re-combinable or something? Why are they in pieces in the box?
You shuffle the spoilers and rear drive train. With that you can recreate all versions of the car which show in the Anime (which is an extremely cool anime, by the way!). The one I have boxed is too tight and I won't force it. However the other which is assembled with the red spoiler is very loose and parts come out very easy. Nevertheless, to use the yellow spoilers I need the simple rear drive train, which doesn't come out of the other one...
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The joys of ancient plastic, eh Jose?

Hey, does anyone do Macross or Robotech? Minerva and I just watched a fan subtitle of the original series, and now I want to see some pix of a nice collection so I don't have to buy my own :)

I had a HUGE collection of Matchbox Robotech come through here when TFL-North first started, but I didn't see any of the cool Bandai Japanese stuff, just the Harmony gold figures and ported non-transforming vehicles.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:The joys of ancient plastic, eh Jose?

Hey, does anyone do Macross or Robotech? Minerva and I just watched a fan subtitle of the original series, and now I want to see some pix of a nice collection so I don't have to buy my own :)

I had a HUGE collection of Matchbox Robotech come through here when TFL-North first started, but I didn't see any of the cool Bandai Japanese stuff, just the Harmony gold figures and ported non-transforming vehicles.
Ancient Die Cast metal, mate! At least the main body.

I have the Bandai SDF 1 and three Valkyryes, some of the best designed toys ever... No pictures at the moment, sorry.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I've got a parts SDF-1 matchbox version, missing the arms and some other bits.

A skull 1 valkyrie, no longer which version of it it is, about the same size as g1 jetfire. A big action figure of it too. And I might still have a small version too.

A couple sd valkyries.

A bunch of the Convertors macross knock offs. And several of the exosquad reissue of the macross mechs.

My only really cool thing is the model of the valkyrie from the macross frontier series. Its the only thing I still have photos of at the moment.

ImageImage
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Ooo, VF-21 right? I like it, very detailed. Typical Bandai. 8)
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

VF-25F messiah valkyrie alto custom.

I love the detail, so nice that it came with 2 sets of stickers so I could apply some now and still have a sheet if I ever paint it. So cool that it transforms. But the transformation is delicate. And I think there should be some more locking pegs.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Time Traveller wrote:Hey, does anyone do Macross or Robotech? Minerva and I just watched a fan subtitle of the original series, and now I want to see some pix of a nice collection so I don't have to buy my own :)
I am two pieces shy of my Macross collection being complete, in my mind.

The two I remain in need of are Rick's/Ichijo's VF-1J with the god armor (similar to super armor with chest pieces as well) and the Elintseeker (the spy plane). As I try to stay with the 80's 1/55 mold (g1 jetfire), these have to be original pieces, not anniversary remakes.

I will probably continue to pick up some Joon's Korean KO's for more variety.

Everything in the pictures linked are anniversary reproduction (2002 for everyone but Max's Skull squad which is 2008) except for Jetfire. Thanks again for that piece, Matt.

That being said, enjoy the following:

Please click for fully annotated album.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

UM; Wow, that's a really awesome looking collection, thanks for sharing! I hope you'll be able to find the missing pieces. :)
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Sweet Macross collection
PETER IS GOD!Image