gi joe id help

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Kings Toys
Targetmaster

gi joe id help

Post by Kings Toys »

Ok I bought this today at the flea market its dated 1982 and looks like Cover Girl but the color is different not sure how to upload a pic but her pants and jacket are black and shirt is red with tan boots
Kings Toys
Targetmaster

Post by Kings Toys »

http://m315.photobucket.com/albumview/a ... g.html?o=0 this is a link to it on photobucket
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Interesting!
As far as I know there are no recolors of Cover Girl. Could it be a knock-off or perhaps a custom repaint?
Does she have the stamps/markings?
Kings Toys
Targetmaster

Post by Kings Toys »

Hasbro 1982 on her rear so not a.knock off and she has paint ware in places and I dont see another layer of paint under this one. did they do joes like transformers and make them in different colors in different countrys perhaps?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I'm sure you already know this, but most GI Joe figures have been recolored at least once, and then released as a different version of said figure. There are also variations from countries like Brazil and Argentina, but I don't remember seeing this particular repaint anywhere... sorry.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Could have been a test run (prototype) figure at the time, with it being dated 1982 and all. Covergirl didn't come out until 1983 with the Wolverine if I'm not mistaken. And I haven't seen that variant anywhere either, sorry.
Kings Toys
Targetmaster

Post by Kings Toys »

I paid $2 for it so I think I did good lol