Mechanical Chain Bases

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Mechanical Chain Bases

Post by Countdown »

Hello all,

I am planning on ordering some mechanical chain bases soon from ebay. I was wondering if anyone knew a better place to pick them up so I get more bang for my buck?

And, for those of you who have them now, did you decide to paint them? And, how did they turn out?

Thanks!!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I got my setup from Ebay (China Seller) for $9.99 each (free shipping) back in April. I bought 12 sets total. Mechanical Chain Base #01 x2, #02 x2, #03 x2, #04 x2, #05 x2 and #06 x2.

That same seller has some more for sale here. I can personally recommend that this is an honest seller, has good communication and will get your order processed fast.

For around $120 I have a decent base that is tall enough for even my TFC Hercules to stay in scale and not tower over the top of it. I have 3 floor panels that are still unused, but all 12 side panels got used. I find the 12 side x 9 floor panel mix to be the best look.

I painted mine also. All the extra bits (some of which have to be assembled) got painted bright yellow. And I even ordered a construction themed decal set off Ebay for $1.99 that I used to give it more of a "construction" type feel to the hangar.

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Thanks for the reply RB. How well does it hold up/connect/plug into each other? I assume its nothing like the Ark from iGear right?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

It holds together really well. I don't the iGear Computer Control Center so I really can't compare the two, but this set has a tongue/groove interlocking system (on 2/4 sides) for the floor panels and wall sections. I've bumped into mine several times and nothing comes out of place.

It's great for dioramas or just for taking pictures in general. Everything on mine that's been painted can be removed (same for the stickers) to go back to the "neutral grey" stock look, too, if I prefer one day.

Can't recommend this set enough and looks great with any action figure collection. Transformers and 3 3/4" G.I. Joes look awesome in it.