SACRED BEAST LEGEND BIOROID - TRIANFORCE - INSECTS

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
RoboSynergy
Throttlebot

SACRED BEAST LEGEND BIOROID - TRIANFORCE - INSECTS

Post by RoboSynergy »

Sacred Beast Legend Bioroid
by

Mutant - Les Mutants Transformables (The Mutants Transformables)
Image (Insect of Combat)
by

Hello & welcome everyone,

I am happy to announce with great joy that I have finally found a gift set of the Trianforce, Insects by HERO, MARK, and SELECT or also known as the Mutant, Insecte De Combat (lnsect Of Combat) by Lansay.
The version I have is by a french toy company Lansay. Each toy member had trademarks of either MARK or SELECT and the toys saying made in Japan and Taiwan in 1986-87.
To my understanding the toy company HERO from Japan that originally released the 5 Trianforce, cats and the 5 Deltaforce, reptiles in the Bioroid series, did not release the 8 insects due to the company filing bankruptcy and importing the toy molds to Lansay for only European release. I have yet not seen any other versions of these insects. If anyone knows more information about them, please let me know!

Toy packaging:

Image Image Image Image

I'm pretty sure these were also released on individual card backs.

The toys:

QUEEN-BEE / ABEILLE (BEE)
Role: Attack
Weapon: Rim Shooter

KRATIS / SAUTERELLE (GRASSHOPPER)
Role: Reconnaissance
Weapon: Hyper Saber

DOOLA / LIBELLULE (DRAGONFLY)
Role: Reconnaissance
Weapon: Aero Saber

BATTLE-QUEEN / PAPILLON (BUTTERFLY)
Role: Information
Weapon: Apical Spiker

TRIANFORCE / INSECT DE COMBAT

INSECT MODES
ROBOT MODES

Artwork

Comparisons
Left: Originals / Right: Later releases known as the Fighting Insects

INSECT DE COMBAT & INSECT ENVAHISSEUR

MY THOUGHTS & REVIEW
Having the complete 8 Mutant insects with everything is surreal! I didn't expect to find them because I think they're very uncommon oddities of this toy line. The quality of the toys are perhaps even more sensitive and fragile than the ZERO-SEEDER versions and international releases. On some of the parts on the toys the plastic can break easily if you don't take extra care when transforming them from both modes. The stickers are good but some of the parts aren't as good quality, they tend to peel off very easily if you knock them around so that's another part to be wary of. The design and colours of them are just fascinating, the choices they made really work in contrast between each team. I like how they chose cohesive colours to distinguish the teams apart. With the Insects of Combat, they added green eyes for the Mutant modes and green eyes for the insect mode eyes, although however Sauterelle/Kratos is the unique exception with his insect mode eyes are red, I think they did this to not make it blend in his green insect mode and I like it as it gives him a unique characteristic. I just love the route that Lansay went with designing their toy packaging for the Mutant insects, they went with see through plastic windows to show what the Mutant toys look like in Mutant modes instead of vice versa with the insect modes. I love the beautiful toy artwork of the insect modes, they look like they could exist in a cartoon/anime or comic/manga, the amount of detailing is really impressive enough if it were to be so. I noticed one thing when I searched to find these toys that I think they resemble a little like another toy line called SECTAURS. The head designs/sculpts have a resemblance to that toy line just with the combination of half humanoid and half insect features, I think they could fit in side by side with a Sectaurs collection.
I also like the background designs of the box, it feels like scenes where they toys would inhabit in. The text of the titles, insect names or insect mode names are stand out like it was written in a more olden day aesthetics. Another cool feature is the toys come on styrofoam insert, which is very 80s for toys, especially for transforming robot toys and great to secure the toys safely with their accessories and instructions.
If had HERO released these toys in their own packaging and marketing it would of been so good to imagine and foresee how they could of been like their other Bioroid toys that were done amazingly too but I'm glad they found a alternate way to release them in another profitable capacity and I fore one am grateful they did it still.
I'm also proud to own these wonderful and innovative toys, the overall thought and creation behind them really shows in so many ways and I love them a lot!!!

A special thank you out to redstarrobot.com for helping me discover and obtain these beautiful gift sets!
I hope you enjoyed viewing and if you have any questions or feedback, feel welcome to comment or PM me!

Kind regards,
Robo-Synergy