LEGO

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

LEGO

Post by Sideways »

Along with Transformers, I am a collector of LEGO. My latest buy is set #76239, a mini-fig scaled version of the Tumbler Batmobile from Batman Begins. It's a much smaller set then it's 2008 counterpart 7888, The Tumbler, Joker's Ice Cream Surprise.

The new set looks much more screen accurate then 7888 did, and the interior actually has come controls and displays. I will link an imgur post later to give you some pictures.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: LEGO

Post by Time Traveller »

Classic Space, and the early '90s space themes are my jam. Blacktron I and II, Space Police I, Unitron, M-Tron, and Spyrius. I'm not super active though, my last buy was 6989 Mega Core Magnetizer. I already collect too many other toys, so I'll probably finish off these series and call it a day. I'll have to post pix next time I have a bunch of them out. What other categories are you into, Sideways?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Star Wars, Speed Champions, Lego Batman mainly. some older stuff I had when I was growing up. I'll need a bigger room to put it all in LOL.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Oh boy. Now we're talking.

My latest purchase of note was 75308. The R2D2 set that stands roughly 15".

My favorite build was the Voltron from a couple of years ago (what? Transforming robots you don't have to disassemble to transform?).

My den is basically decorated in Lego (and Mega and MacFarlane building blocks). I have a passion project that is using the Mac FNAF sets to recreate the entire restaurant from FNAF 1 to scale. It takes up about three feet square. Every time they release a new set that is supposed to be part of the restaurant, it must be incorporated.

I'll get some pics of my shelves as soon as I figure out how to fit the new section of hogwarts on the Potter shelf.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Have you tried any of the Mega Construx MOTU? Minerva had little interest in them, I have too many other collections, but I thought they LOOKED pretty cool.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I have the entire collection of Mega MotU save for the convention exclusive Battle Bones (where is my mass market recolor with a better figure selection than Faker in pink and three overproduced heroes?) and Scuba attack Zodac (have not found him on a shelf yet). I was bummed that they cancelled the advent calendar, though the only mold that has not been released thus far from the set would have been Orko (even then they replaced his emblem with a wreath). The entire line has been impressive for Mega. Far superior to the TMNT stuff (though I love my technodrome the thing is fragile as hell).

Of everything from the MotU megas, the only part replacement I would recommend is the hinges on the fold out of Castle grey skull. I having issue finding the official Lego parts in that color, though (what I would call "Yoda Green.)"

I am saddened they are cancelling the "Heroes line" (carded single figures), but am happy they are expanding the line with more playsets. My understanding is that the Heroes line is a "high shrinkage" item. They better start packing actual heroes figure stands with the playsets is my only requested concession.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I have not tried any of the Megablox construction sets. I remember having one as a kid and the instructions were fairly difficult to understand (for me at that time) compared to Lego.

My biggest set probably so far has to be 76138 1989 Batmobile. I'm hoping to get the Batwing soon..
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

The instructions new MEGA are far better than LEGO these days. As opposed to the LEGO ones that show the new pieces already in place slightly highlighted, they hover the pieces above where they are supposed to go, and then off color each tab that is supposed to connect to the each of the new pieces. For instance, if the surface is black, the tabs on which the new pieces connect will be painted yellow for the 2x3, blue for the 4x6, red for the 2x1, and green for the other 2x1. It takes out a lot of the squinting and tab counting. They also try to make sure the "camera angles" have better placement. MEGA still has an issue with needing more pressure to put into place, so your fingers are sore at the end of the build, when compared to LEGO which slide into place more easily, but the instructions have come a long way.

I will also try to snap some pics of that when I uplaod.

The NCC-1701 three foot long monstrosity was my first foray into modern Mega, and the instructions made it a freaking breeze due to this technique. I did have to use a rubber mallet to get the neck that supports the saucer section compressed enough to fit in the slot properly (that needing more pressure issue), but that was one hell of a build. The saucer is solid and not hollow in the manner LEGO does these days. If MEGA did the Harry Potter chess set, it would be solid layers on a single plate on the under side as opposed to a series of support pieces every 12 tabs with a lot of empty space.