Gobots! Mighty what?

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote:yeah, but gobots had "Pumper" and "Dumper". 'Nuff said.
And transformers got 'erector'. [and some other odd names. Looks at micromasters]

Is it me or has haslow acquired some of the gobot names. becuase there a minicon called leader 1, a decepticon in the games of decepticon boxset called bugbite.

Maybe next well get a scooter to join wheelie on the big pile o death :twisted:
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Poor Scooter........he's fun to ride until your friends see you doing it.

Actually I like Scooter he's the first representation of a transforming "liquorcycle" :twisted:

At least Hoyt Curtin composed the music for beginning credits and some of the incidental music in Go-Bots. It was worth tuning in for the theme song and the awkward admission of Crusher that she had a crush on Leader-One.

That's some heady stuff for a kids show. :roll:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

You know.... if "they" ever release a DVD box set of Gobots cartoons....
I'd buy it.
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Maybe next well get a scooter to join wheelie on the big pile o death
Such a great thought! DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Yes, somehow Hasbro (through a series of mergers) acquired the Go-Bots. In the late 90's they made an honest to goodness Fischer-Price line called "Transformers: Go-bots" with Leader 1 as the primary figure.

Somehow, Hasbro held on to most of the Go-bot names, but lost a ton of the TF ones.... go fig.
Blitzwing
Powermaster

Post by Blitzwing »

i got one go bot its spoons and i have to say its pretty fun little guy i like it so much im getting the puzzler
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

The lame cartoon went a long way to killing them off. And that BASE thing that looked like a really lame AT-AT rip-off... yeah, just plain goofy.

But so as to not focus on the negative...

I think one HUGE advantage the TF's had in marketing was the idea of the TECH SPEC's. It was cool to have a backstory, and a bit of a personality to go with the figure. Plus (don't forget - this came of the tail-end of the Dungeon's and Dragon's craze) the STATS gave playing with transofrmers kind of an RPG - type feel. They had functions (Spy, Medic, Engineer, Warrior) and special abilities and limitations to their power. As cheap an idea as it was (cost wise, I mean) it gave TF's a sense of depth. A sense that they were part of a larger story & world and not just another toy.

"A poor man's Prime."
- Leader 1's epitath. :lol:
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Commander Megatron wrote:Had to be the crap cartoon, it was awful. the Gobots didn't have any exciting guns and the personalities of the characters were either Good guy or bad guy. There was no different personalities or anything like that. At least not from what I can remember.
Ultra Magnus wrote:My take on go-bots.

It was the crappy cartoon that killed my collection.
No the Go-bot cartoon sucked [no offence to those that liked it] but I always wondered if they had went with dubbing some of the Japanese versions of Machine Robo [Gobots] if the line would have done better outside of Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAbP2VfpDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dzmjYEGivQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXEZfUGZ524
Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Links didn't work for me, but I typed in 'Machine Robo Gobots' and a cartoon came up. Not sure if it's what you intended to show us, but it seemed much more interesting than the Gobots cartoon.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

*Looks at Ramjet* surprised you havnt posted in here lol

I have gotten the supergobot warpath (apachie helocopter)<(Im sure its a typoe there somewhere) and have a few others that i like and getting more soon the toys are great cartoon did suck but was fond memories from childhood.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Trailbreaker wrote:Links didn't work for me, but I typed in 'Machine Robo Gobots' and a cartoon came up. Not sure if it's what you intended to show us, but it seemed much more interesting than the Gobots cartoon.
I fixed the links but the search you did was how I found the vids in the first place so you should have gotten some of what I was trying to show you guys and gals.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

"Apache", and "typo" ;)

Seriously, though, that's a sweet toy, GB. Do you have his rotors? mine is lacking, and it makes me sad.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

i have one with one set of blades,

they look greath to me i've got a zero, f16 , that cosmos gimmick thing, and some of the cars
The past is the greatest teacher
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Time Traveller wrote:"Apache", and "typo" ;)

Seriously, though, that's a sweet toy, GB. Do you have his rotors? mine is lacking, and it makes me sad.
yeap got it the box with the styrophome (Typo <<look spelt it correctly this time lmao) and used sticker sheet for like 25 shipped off that other site a month ago lol been looking for one for almost a year.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
SoundWave
City Commander

hvv

Post by SoundWave »

It was a very crappy cartoon!!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey all!
In light of the TFL North store carrying lots of GoBots, and of me being more interested in completing my GoBots collection, I was thinking of doing some reviews of GoBots figures at some point this winter. Granted, I don't know that I'll have time to get many up before the holidays, but I'd first like to know if anybody would be honestly interested in seeing them, especially if you are considering collecting GoBots or just haven't much experience with them, but find the toys intriguing. Any takers?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I've been doing some heavy thinking about collecting Gobots again. I used to have a good number of them. But I traded them all in for a G1 Devastator at a local toy store. As of now, I only have Zeemon with no hatch and a SUPER-SIZE Space-C with missing wing.

I found a killer site that shows all the Gobots.
http://toyarchive.com/Gobots/Go-Bots.html
It also has pages dedicated to other classics toys
http://www.toyarchive.com/

i keep going to this website. I really like it a lot.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

hey, why is tonka zod listed on that site you mentioned, Galvy...is he considered a gobot or what?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Zod is a GoBot, but he's not designed by Bandai for Machine Robo like most of the rest. He's an in-house Tonka design, so he looks very different.
Don't forget, we have a GoBots archive, too! :P It's not complete, but getting there. It's under "non TF lines" in the archive sidebar.

http://www.transformerland.com/toysbyca ... genid=1003
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

I have a soft spot for Gobots and very little knowledge to go with it, so yes I am very interested in reviews.