SunStorms artwork to order

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

thats excellent work sunstorm
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Rumble wrote:Sunstorm, I must sound like a cassette stuck in a loop but that looks awesome!
Ditto. *Heaps more praise on you*
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Absolutely fantastic Sunstorm.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

That's awesome, Sunstorm! Very impressive :D
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: *Jaw drops on table and tounge rolls out*

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

<---speechless.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

OK, after a chat with Dinobot, we're doing it slightly differently - the plan was to have a blue/black background, but I committed a silly artists faux pas and did the figures first... if I paint up to it with the black and blue watercolours and acrylics I have, they will both streak and will be disturbed by the figures... It should have been a nice smooth colour change with the figures on top. I'm daft for not thinking of that... so, what we're doing is still doing Sunny's radiation and then adding some booster fire to JFs feet and finally filling up some of the white with the many crumbling bits of debris that are present in the original pic;

So, I've begun Sunny's radiation tonight. Just starting with a nice, flat yellow outline and have got halfway with the base yellow sparks around him. I'm going to combine metallics and UV overlays on this to add more colour and give it real life when the UV lights hit it. I've got some white UV pigment on the way too which I'll add a slight outline to JF which will be invisible without UV light, but will glow brightly with the UV.... should balance the pic out nicely and excuse the absence of a coloured background. Next time I do something like this, I'll remember BACKGROUND FIRST. :oops:

So anyway - here's where we're up to;

Jetfire is a robosexual
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

That's really great. You know, I think your decision to make Sunny smaller than he is in the original picture has really worked out well. I actually think it looks way better aesthetically than the cover. Very nice work.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

well, that and jetfire is HOOOGE... so even though seekers are big, it makes more sense. i like yours better too, sunny.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Yeah, im gonna have to concuur with the both of you. Its friggin sweet!
R.I.P. Menasor
Commander Megatron

For anyone who is considering getting Sunstorm to do a painting can I just say... What the hell are you waiting for!!!? I received mine today, an excellent picture the detail in it is unbelievable. So with that in mind can I suggest you get your orders in asap before this man is snapped up by IDW and Marvel!!! Don't delay, get your pic ordred today!!

Commander Megatron
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

Hey sunny can you do one of snarl for kath that looks like the box art from g1
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Dirge1 wrote:Hey sunny can you do one of snarl for kath that looks like the box art from g1
Absolutely! I've just dropped you a PM, Dirge :wink:

I've got some updates here on things I've been doing this week in-between the hospital visits.... I'm waiting for some white UV pigment to arrive before I can continue with Dinobot's large Jetfire and Sunny pic, so whilst I wait, I've started Rodimus and Arcee's pic, I've been painting more ponies for Mrs S, and I've been working on sketches for a "special project" for Nightshade :wink:... Having something to do helps keep me sane :roll:

So, here's the first two stages of Roddy and Arcee's pic;

original;

I'll add some pics of the rainbow pony I've been doing for Mrs S in the customising thread in toy talk, like I did last time. I'll keep this thread just for my artwork :wink:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Here's the first sketch out of the pic for Snarl;

original boxart;

my version;

I've got several projects on the go at once at the moment, but I've found this is useful as I get to saturation points on certain projects from time to time, be it because of lack of inspiration, or just a paint/colour/material I need. It's nice to have something to constantly work on, it keeps me occupied :D
Jetfire is a robosexual
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Next stage on Roddy's pic - added some colour to Arcee... almost done with her. It's coming out quite nicely this one;

Also, this is totally non-TF, but it's still some artwork. My 18 month old nephew LOVES this kids show called Roary the Racecar, so I did his favourite character for him for his bedroom wall :D

I got an e-mail telling me that my white UV pigment is on it's way, so the next time I post a pic of Dinobot's Jetfire/Sunny pic, it should be finished! Woohoo! Can't wait to reveal that one to everyone.... :D
Jetfire is a robosexual
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

That is some absolutely beautiful work you have there, Sunny! I like everyone else can't wait to see the finished product! :D

:shock: Roary?
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Roar wrote:That is some absolutely beautiful work you have there, Sunny! I like everyone else can't wait to see the finished product! :D

:shock: Roary?

lol could almost be you small and fast lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Commander Megatron

That is an excellent pic of the TF's and Roary. Congrats on a job well done.
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

great work keep it up...dang now i have to put up some more lol
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Latest update on Rodimus and Arcee's pic;

As well as this today, I'm almost done on Dinobot's pic, but I'm not posting any more progress pics until it's done now.... it's oh so close :D
Jetfire is a robosexual