Tips on painting and repairs from the customizers

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

I believe that sheet styrene is a name of a type of plastic sheeting that is available in different thicknesses and can be cut. As for the epoxy, if you have any model shops nearby I would imagine that they would stock some kind.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Cool mods. Do you use styrene sheets to make parts or just fill the gaps with epoxy?
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

LD2062 wrote:Cool mods. Do you use styrene sheets to make parts or just fill the gaps with epoxy?
Depends on the size of the gap. Small gaps are normally done with moddeling putty {Rather than epoxy}, medium sized flat surface gaps are done with styrene sheets cut into shape. Large or complex gaps are done with a combination of both.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

My son has a project due on the 13th that required liberal amounts of modeling clay.

As it is drying, it is also cracking, which is okay as it will help his map look like it has rivers in it, but after he paints it, I am afraid that it will fall apart during transport.

Is there a good substance to use for sealing this stuff?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I have NO IDEA how it would work for that application but I have been advised to use modge podge to seal my craft projects.