Razorclaw's Workshop

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Razorclaw's Workshop

Post by Ramjet »

Admin edit: To avoid confusion, Razorclaw used to post under the name Abominus

I'm posting this stuff for Abominus because he's having trouble looging on from home. I'll do half, let him explain them, then do the other half.

Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

OK, I'll try to explain this the best I can since Abominus may not be able to for awhile. He used some GI Joe
weapon sprue material to make Gnaw's arm and tail. He lucked out and found something for the spikey ball.
His Hound was missing the rear tire, so he found a tire that was a little too big and cut it down to make
it fit. You wouldn't even know by looking at it!
Skywarp re-issues launcher. He clipped off the bomb end, shortened the shaft, and re-glued it. Now it looks normal!
Genius. I will be doing this to mine as well, cause those stupid long bombs just look ridiculous.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

'With my long bombs I'll levle this city' - blitzwing.

Yeds you are right those extra long things just look daft.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

What a great idea!!!!
I hate those long missiles.
I am going to try that with all my commemoritvie series bots.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Actually, that custom spare tire looks much better than the original, it's an ACTUAL wheel!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Thanks for posting these Ramjet,i'll take it from here.

I was missing parts for Gnaw which are not only expensive but also rare,so i tried to make some out myself.The transparent plastic was a G.I.Joe weapon tree.The i wanted the arms to be able to move so,i used a screw to hold the plastic "shoulder" into place.The more observants will notice that the "shoulder" part comes from a slag.The tail was created from a common plastic sphere.I used some plastic to make the spikes and glued them into place.

Hound..The tire was an easy task,i removed the wheel from a simple toy car and made the hole bigger to fit to Hound...nothing too difficult here.

Those bombs were really annoying...and for those you didn't know there is a mold difference between the g1 and the reissue launchers/bombs so you can't just buy the bombs.I had some spare Starscream bombs from CM (thanks :D ).I cut the bomb head,shortened the plastic and glued the bomb head back.For those who want to create them too,i used the machine gun plastic as a guide for the bomb length (which btw should be a bit shorter).
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Well, here he is.This was my first attempt and probably the last for something like this.It took me 2 full days and 4 junkers to create him.I've built some joints from scratch and cut the plastic piece by piece with a modeling knife.I've melted a lot of plastic as well.He doesn't transform perfectly but i guess he is not bad overall and i'm satisfied. No paint job for now,maybe later...
Last edited by Razorclaw on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

nice job, i bet it took awhile though, really is great work i dont have the paitence for that
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Thanks.After that i lost the patience too!!! :P
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

i bet it looks aggrivating, but it has its rewards as well
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Looks great for a first shot!
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

looks pretty good.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

@Roar and Galvy:GREAT work :D
@.Onslaught.: Can't wait to see pics :D
Paint job done!I ran out of reprolabels so i decided to paint the 'con insignias freehandedly.I've also added a little detail to the car mode.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

I had expected it to turn out better but the specific paint is not the best for this kind of work and i also ran out, thus some spots need to be repainted.That is the last genuine,non-defective TF i brutalize,it pains me to do this even for cheap ones like the classics.Anyway,here it is:
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

The second project is to make a more articulated Bruticus.i used a KO this time.This is the progress so far:i made Onslaught able to turn around at the waist and head (the KO had the head as part of the body) and made the waist,the head and seperately moving legs for Vortex.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

I like what I see, Razorclaw!

Is that 'Golden Yellow' on Sunny?

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Man poseable g1s are so cool looking. Keep up the good work razorclaw!
R.I.P. Menasor
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Razorclaw, I actually like the Sunstorm. It looks rustic!

Great job on the articulation! Awesome seeing originals that way.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Thanks guys.
@Rumble:You have a keen eye! :P
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Great stuff, razor!

I really like your panel-lining (something I am painfully bad at, even after building Gundams for 20+ yrs).

My favorite detail is the white points on the wing sensors. I might add those to mine :wink:

The articulated combaticons are great. I can't wait to see the final team.
My heart is die-cast.