Time Traveller's Custom thread

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey all. Last time I was home, I finally got a complete pretender Bludgeon. The first thing I had to deal with was the fact that he has no sword, just a gun. Totally un-comic-like. So I dug through my bags of junk parts from primus-knows-what toys to look for a suitable donor. I found the remnants of a DBZ card game sword meter (like the black one here)
Image, without its sheath. it is covered from one end of the blade to the other in numbers, and the sheath has a viewing hole to show which you're at. So, after a little sanding, i had a numberless sword that still didn't fit in his hand. I razored the end of the hilt off, sanded that down, but who's ever heard of a straight katana? Not I. a little boiling water did the trick, and i managed to put a nice curve in it:
and here is Bludgeon wielding his distinctly-not-bludgeoning weapon:

I have one question for you all, however. I am debating either painting the blade metallic silver, but it would definitely not look stock to the toy. The other option is to paint the whole sword the same off-white that his (and all small pretenders) guns are cast in:
which do you think i should do?
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

TT, the sword is looking good. As far as paint goes I would be inclined to go with the off-white, or failing that maybe try and match the grey colour on his shell?

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun