Roar's Customs

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Here's what I got in the mail a while ago; my very own custom made Minerva! All credit goes to Roar! -Great job and thanks again! :D

More pics:
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll19 ... ustom6.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll19 ... ustom2.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll19 ... ustom3.jpg
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Wow, thats really cool Minverva! Thats awesome of Roar to make that for you!
R.I.P. Menasor
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Minerva wrote:All credit goes to Roar! -Great job and thanks again! :D
Wow, that's incredible. Excellent job, Roar. Even the box looks great! :lol:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Ramjet wrote:Image That's insane! I don't know my movie toys, who was that originally?

Thanks, Everyone, for your kind comments.

The Minerva toy is based on the '08 Camaro All Spark Power Cliffjumper (Bumblebee Re-Color). I didn't change its colors because of our Swedish connection's career but just added silver highlights.

The head was sanded flatish in front and I made a visor and goggles for it out of plumber's epoxy. I couldn't find but one photo of Minerva but it was very small and not well detailed so I had to kind of improvise how it looked.

I got the numbers and other decals at my local hobby shop. (No way I could have painted all that stuff by hand)

They come on a plastic sheet and they rub off onto the surface that you want them to go on with a pencil or other bluntish type object. The decals are made for pine cars but stick on the Transformers plastic just fine! If you do use them however you need to paint some Acryl clear acrylic topcoat on them so they won't rub off.

For the packaging I just made copies of the face of Arcee from her "spotlight" book, colored some glossy white paper, and clipped out copies of letters from other packaging. When I was making the lettering I just cobbled together and glued the individual letters into the cut out space I made in the interior card spelling the name "Minerva" you know....like a hold-up notice you'd give a bank teller listing your demands.

I really enjoyed making my first Transformer custom and I hope to make more soon!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

That's pretty darn cool, 'Slaught! 8) Wonderful job! You know you're going to have to make the rest now! :wink:

@Galvatron: This is what that Krylon "chrome" paint looks like cured and on a surface. I'm sorry I don't have a Transformer with it on it but I don't have my Laserbeak thrusters anymore.

The paint is on Snow Meow's saddle tack spikes (The bluish cat) and the claws on the Lion-O Claw Shield. Not too shabby looking but its not shiny reflective chromy chrome.

I also thought everyone would enjoy a pic of you at the SilverHawks rodeo! YEEEEEE HAWWWW!!:wink: :lol:

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

and that studly looking bot in the back looks like a hunk! :twisted:

i've come to a conclusion that i'm going to clean off the old chrome and just paint a light grey. That will still look nice. Plus it's cheap.