SentinelPrime's Customs

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Well I've started on my next custom figure...Nightbeat turned into Minerva. Here's the original Nightbeat:

Here's the first round of priming it:

Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday I will have my custom complete to post final result pics.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Looking forward to seeing it Sentinel.
R.I.P. Menasor
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

you could always disassemble it with a "punch" , bit i'm curious i was planning something similar
The past is the greatest teacher
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Well...it's FINALLY DONE!!!! I have completed my second attempt at a custom repaint project. I converted a G1 Nightbeat into my own G1 Minerva. This was one of the most frustrating paint jobs I've done yet! My repaint Metrotitan figure wasn't this much hassle!

I had problems with the primer paint not taking, then the white gloss spray paint wouldn't go on even to suit me. Then everytime I would finish the red paint ares and let it dry, I'd get the white lap over the red sections and vise versa and I'd have to do another several touch-ups!

It is still a little rough in places and I'm waiting for some Nightbeat reprolabels. Most of his stickers are the same Minerva's. They don't make Minerva stickers yet.

NOTE: Not great...but I did free hand paint the red crosses and the red racing stripes. Did the best I could. SO here's the pics, tell how I did!

Started with a G1 Nightbeat:

Here it is Primed:

Here's the completed project:

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Thats a great job sentinel! I think its awesome. Do you ever think about disassembly before painting? Its just my opinion, but I think its easier to take them apart so no overspray happens. It is always the customizers choice though.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Well done SentinelPrime! That looks really cool, you can see that you put alot of effort into it. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your next project.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

Yeah, everyone, AWESOME CUSTOMIZING! And better for your pocket 'cause the original Minerva is expensive to acquire, :(
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Great job, SentinelPrime! :D
Maybe I should try to make one too? :)
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Customizing is a lot harder than it looks! Don't really know what to do for my next project! I'll have to think about it!
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Great Customs everyone! I don't dare try to tackle any big projects, I'm just not that great of painter. Maybe its the lack of patience too! (LOL)

BUT....I think I might can handle this small repainting project. I bought a cheap KO repaint of G1 Defensor. He's basically already repainted in most of the figure. I wanted to have a Guard City Combiner from the Japanese Series:" Operation: Combination." The real one cost well over $1200 bucks! Noticed just now that the arms and legs figures are on the wrong sides. But..really is there ANY major Transformers law stating which side they HAVE to be on? :wink:

SO>>>>>With just alittle repainting I can have one very close to the real one!

Here's what the real one looks like:

And here's the KO one I purchased:

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

It doesn't look like you have much to do with it Sentinel Prime. Bit of paint here and there and you will be flying. I'm 100% certain you will do an excellent job my friend. :wink:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hey guys I need some advice on a small custom project I'm currently working on. I am converting a headless Star Wars Transformer figure into a one of a kind G1 Centurion Droid Robot that protects Vector Sigma. It's based on the figure in the G1 series episode "The Key to Vector Sigma."

Where I need the help is coming up with the shoulder wings. I don't know what to make them out of. I've thought of cutting them out of either pvc pipe or the small basal wood and then painting them to hopefully match.
Anyone have any other ideas of how I can go about making the shoulder wings?

Also I need help as to what the color looks like to you in the episode link I have attached. Does it look to you guys that the head and the fist and feet are a lime-greenish color?

***Advance to 2 minutes point in the video, that's where the centurion robots first appear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxdJgA6f4Ng

**Here's my ongoing project pics and the link to the episode that shows these robots. Appreciate any advice you guys can give me!

**Here's pics of his main repaint color:

**Here's a pic of his possible dome shaped head. It isn't painted yet and I think once the shoulders are in place it will balance out the dome head.

Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Looking good so far SP! To offer a bit of help, I would say that the hands and head of the Guardian are defiantly a lighter shade of green then the rest of the body.
As for the dome that you are thinking of using it looks ok, but maybe (depending on how easy it is to cut) you could trim off a bit of the base so that the 'sides' are not quite so long. I think even by adding the shoulders it might look too tall.
For the shoulders, have you looked at modelling epoxy as an idea? It can be a bit tricky if you haven’t used it before, but it would allow you to sculpt the shape that you are after. You could possibly use the PVC pipe as a base and then epoxy over the top to pack it out a bit.

Hope this helps you SP, and I would like to hear if anyone else has any different ideas on this as it’s always interesting to gain different perspectives.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here's the next phase of my Vector Sigma Guardian Droid. I took the advice and cut down the size of the dome shaped head and it looks much better. Now the fun part6 begins as I try to work on the Shoulder wings! Wish Me Luck!!! :shock:

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Okay Guys! I'm officially unveiling my one of a kind G1 Vector Sigma Centurion Guardian Droid! :D It is not as good as I had hoped, but it's the best I can do with my limited skills!

The shoulder wings could have been better, but it was a real pain trying to get them to stay put! The wings are borrowed from the prototype Starscream from the Live Action Movie series and fused with alittle Styrene plastic. I couldn't get the molding clay to work right.

Without further delay, I hope you like the finished product:

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Now are you making him up to order. When can I get mine? hehehe.. j/k.

I like him! It looks like it was manufactured by hasbro! (I mean that in a good way!)
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Nothing wrong with that Sentinel, its agood job. Anyone who has watched the cartoon will look at it and now what it is. :wink:
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Looking gooood. :D
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks everyone! I'm going tp try my hand at another repaint project now. I recently purchased a stripped down Fortress Maximus and I am going to make my own Grand Maxiumus out of him! :D
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Well..it's finally done! I did alot of blue paint taping and spraying sections with the Krylon Spray paint for plastic! It works really well! I took alot of the parts off the figure to spray them individually.

I got it as close to the real one as possible, based on pictures. Only problem was that all the pictures looked different that I used for reference, due to different lighting and type of cameras used. I now have all three Maximus figures!

Introducing my repaint of Fortress Maximus into a Custom Grand Maximus:

Last edited by SentinelPrime on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.