customizing question

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

customizing question

Post by captainamerica »

Does anyone know of an easy way to strip paint off of recent Transformers? I've got a spare Classics Jetfire and Universe Treadbolt that I'd like to repaint in Macross colors , but I'd like to strip them to their base colors first without damaging the plastic.

Oh yeah, my intention is for Treadbolt to become Max's valkyrie. Jetfire might become Miriya's, Rick's Skull Leader , or RoyFokker's Skull Leader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My heart is die-cast.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Super Clean (originally castrol super clean), which comes in a big purple bottle and can take 20 year old permanent marker out of rubber pretender monster shells...

Or, depending on the paint, 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. available next to the 70% rubbing alcohol in the pharmacy.

Either way, give it a day to soak in the pond, (use a lid so it doesn't all evaporate off), and then scrub it off. if it doesn't come right off, try another day.

Also, save your pond afterward, because (especially super clean) can be reused quite a lot.
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Thanks trance!

I was thinking 91% alcohol might work, but I wanted some input before I tried it. I keep some on hand to clean a glass item I own >ahem< :wink: :wink:
My heart is die-cast.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I might need to try that - my first attempt at painting Treadbolt didn't go as planned - I'm gonna strip the paint and spray paint the pieces - it seems to work better then a brush - the paint seemed to jam up the figure and it won't transform as well as it used to.