My Custom Minerva.

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

SOUNDBLASTER
Targetmaster

My Custom Minerva.

Post by SOUNDBLASTER »

Unfortunatly I dont have a spare headmaster to go with her but I'm not as fond of the robot mode as much as the alt mode so im happy to keep her in alt mode for all of time . lol

Hope u like :)

Just waiting for some red stickers to make the emergency crosses and the spoiler sticker and i have plenty of autobot stickers waiting to go overtop of the crosses :)

Will put up more pics as soon as its finished..
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Looks awesome Soundblaster! Great painting. I tried my hand at repaint a Nightbeat into a custom Minerva. I hand painted everything, the windows blue and the red trim. But my red trim fails in comparison to yours! How did you get it so precisely done??? Share your painting secrets! :D Here's a pic of my attempt. It's not all that good, after all it was my first attempt at custom figure painting!

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Lotsa masking is my guess, maybe an airbrush?

Sentinel, if you ever want to give her a retry now that you've honed your skills on projects since, a good soak in castrol Super Clean (automotive aisle, purple jug) will probably bring your plastic right back to basics for a second try. If you get something that has crappy paint from years ago, 91% isopropyl alcohol (health and beauty section) will soften it the rest of the way.
SOUNDBLASTER
Targetmaster

Post by SOUNDBLASTER »

I took the whole toy apart and painted the green parts white and the yellow parts red with a simple can of dulux spray paint.. I didnt want to mess up what i had achieved by trying to paint the windows on her so i just used stickers that i cut out myself... Hope this helps...

1. take toy apart
2. paint white and red parts
3. DRY THOUROUGHLY
4. Put back together
5. STICKERS FOR WINDOWS...

8)