Transformers: Hellbound (FINISHED)

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

The best one yet! Nice job!

So far Jazz and Prowl are my favorites, and funny what you did with BB's Radio. And the whole "Crack the shell, crack the nuts inside" thing :lol:

Keep going man, this is getting really good.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I thought you'd like that! I'm really glad you liked the chapter, I was somewhat unsatisfied with it, but couldn't figure out quite why.
The Dark is Coming
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice work! Looking forward to the next chapter!
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

PrimeDirective wrote:I thought you'd like that! I'm really glad you liked the chapter, I was somewhat unsatisfied with it, but couldn't figure out quite why.
Next you have to try and add in the whole "Nobody calls Shockwave "Un-krozzo-mattic!"
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Soundwave, you mean? Yeah, something like that will probably happen eventually.
The Dark is Coming
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

PrimeDirective wrote:Soundwave, you mean? Yeah, something like that will probably happen eventually.

Oh, yeah, I meant Soundwave.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Chapter 12
Tendrils slithered, writhing from the deep holes bored in the satellite. Identical to Laserbeak in all but name and black and yellow coloration, Buzzsaw perched on the shoulder of Soundwave as the Decepticon detached itself from the human machine. Slowly, Soundwave relinquished his hold on the satellite, retracting the controlling tendrils back into his body. At last, the Decepticon Communications Master parted from the infected vessel. Buzzsaw obediently leapt from his master's shoulder onto the machine, taking control in Soundwave's stead.

Up here, Soundwave possessed control over the entirety of human civilization. He could direct it subtly, allowing his comrades to take advantage of the confusion, or he could spark outright nuclear warfare. But now it was his turn to contribute to the recovery of Megatron.

He descended slowly at first, gazing coldly at the blue planet beneath him. As he continued downward, he gained momentum and velocity, falling faster and faster, bracing himself for the impact as he fell.

Any other Decepticon would have had to worry about local defenses, but not Soundwave. With Buzzsaw firmly in control of Earth's communications networks, there would be no defensive counterattack aside that from the Autobots, and there were only six to his knowledge.

He could see it now, their battlefield. Soundwave smashed into the ground, tossing up columns of dirt and mud, and revealed himself. Soundwave stood just under thirty feet tall. Much of his body was dark blue, which blended in almost perfectly with the darkness of the upper atmosphere. A white mouthplate covered the entirety of his face aside from a glowing red visor that served as his optical sensor. The Decepticon insignia was displayed prominently on the hinged plate over the compartment in which his minions stayed until called. Three clawed toes dug into the ground. Five slender fingers, skilled at probing machinery, hung from his hands.

Soundwave scanned the battlefield in the light early-morning sun. Trees lay splintered, scattered haphazardly. The wreckage of multiple vehicles sat tossed about like a child's toys. On the road lay the damaged bodies of Ratbat and Laserbeak. Soundwave approached them and picked them up tenderly, almost as a father would.

Laserbeak squawked weakly as Soundwave placed him inside his chest compartment. Ratbat made no sound.

The Decepticon continued in the direction of the passed chase, discovering Frenzy lying against the trunk of a tree. One foot was crushed. Soundwave grabbed him with both hands, sliding each digit gingerly beneath the red Decepticon's body. Frenzy groaned as Soundwave calmly placed him inside the compartment.

Several meters further along lied Rumble, battered and bruised and dented. "Soundwave! You came to get us!" he rasped.

"Megatron leaves no loyal Decepticon behind; neither does Soundwave," Soundwave replied, placing Rumble inside the compartment with his brethren.

Ravage tentatively peeked out from a bush, and then, spotting his master, rushed down the road almost joyfully. He leapt into Soundwave's arms, purring happily. Soundwave grasped the feline Decepticon with one hand and held out his open palm. Ravage obediently released the stolen laptop.

"Ravage, you have done well," Soundwave said, opening his chest compartment a final time. Ravage eagerly converted into a storage mode, compressing himself to occupy as little space as possible, and was placed inside.

Soundwave cautiously pointed his index finger at an access point on the side of the computer. A tendril slithered out, scanning the port and adjusting its shape to match. Soundwave grunted as the download began, by his standards only a small amount of information could be contained on such a primitive machine, but it was not the quantity Soundwave was interested in- it was the value.

A purple glow emanated from Soundwave's internal circuitry, leaking out from crevices in his exoskeletal armor, and the tendril began to integrate with the laptop's circuitry, assimilating it into Soundwave's own systems. The computer immediately began to shift shape, folding, rotating, and submitting to Soundwave's will, as all unsentient machines one day would. The individual pieces of the computer separated, integrating into Soundwave's arm and disappearing.

Satisfied, Soundwave looked eastward. Though the sky was beautiful shades of light blue and pink and yellow, the entire view appeared in grayscale to the Decepticon. He leapt into the air, changing shape into his mobile spy satellite form, and blasting eastward, toward Starscream.

G. B. Blackrock downed a mug of coffee and wiped his mouth on the sleeve of his black suit. "We have a lot of work to do today, Mr. Korosky," he said. "It's only 7:30, but that truck will be here in a few hours, and the Decepticons with it. We'll need air support, we'll need ground troops, and we'll need artillery units before noon."

"I'll contact Edwards AFB and Fort MacArthur. They're the closest military installations," Korosky replied. "Actually, I've already sent contacts there. It's simply a matter of signaling them."

"And how are you going to signal them?"

Korosky simply smiled.

"You found something that works? Of course! Why didn't I think of that last night? What is it?"

"Short-wave radio is unaffected by the communications blackout," Korosky said.

"Excellent, excellent. We need only now to get people to cover," Blackrock said. "But we can't cause a panic until it is necessary. I'll see if the mayor will have the bomb sirens activated before the truck gets here."

"Let's do it," Korosky said. Blackrock turned to leave, but Korosky grabbed his arm and Blackrock stopped.

"Sir, it's been an honor working with you." Blackrock nodded in reply, and hurried out the door.

Harsh, hot wind tore at the ground, sending streams of sand undulating through the air, smothering all plant life in its oppressive heat. The green LED digits on Bumblebee's radio read "9:55".

Optimus Prime slowed at the head of his convoy, coming to a rest before turning onto a side road leading to a white building shining like a mirror in the desert-like conditions. The Autobots respectfully followed, and each let its passengers disembark and transformed upon arrival.

"You can't defeat me, Prime!" Megatron's final works echoed through Optimus's mind.

"What's wrong, Optimus?" Bumblebee asked.

Optimus sighed sadly, letting his head fall to his chest. "We are not far from facing the Decepticons," Prime said.

Spike yawned and rubbed his eyes, tired. "So?"

"We cannot allow Earth to suffer the same fate as Cybertron. This would be the Decepticons' ultimate victory, and our greatest loss," Optimus said.

"Then we won't let them win," Carly said, taking a step forward.

"You honor us with your bravery and determination. All of you," Optimus said.

"Look, I don't know what's wrong, but I can assure you, you have the military's support. You have my support," White said.

"And look at what Mr. Police Officer did to those little guys back there. He thoroughly trashed them," Sparkplug said.

"Prowl is a great warrior," Optimus agreed, "but the larger Decepticons are much more formidable, and Starscream would have only brought his best warriors."

"But no Decepticon could ever stand up to you, Optimus," Bumblebee said. Ironhide, Jazz, Ratchet, and Warpath nodded in agreement.

"Optimus, we all know how the 'Bots roll," Jazz said. "We can and will protect the humans."

Optimus smiled at Jazz. "Jazz, I named you as my successor long ago. If I am unable to defeat Megatron, I want you to retreat, and strike back when the time is right."

"Listen, OP, I know what Megatron told you, but he kicked the bucket. There's no way he's still alive," Jazz replied.

"And with the support of the humans, the Autobots will not be defeated," Ironhide said.

"That's, BANG, right! There's no way any, BLAST, Decepticons can, WOMP, stand against that alliance," said Warpath.

"I'm beginning to doubt that is true," Optimus said.

"They possess the technology, whether they know it or not, to mortally wound our kind," Ratchet said.

"That is not the only thing pressing on my mind. Megatron was my greatest friend before he was my greatest foe. We were like brothers. I fear that, when the time comes, I might not be able to finish him."

"No, Optimus," Spike said, "Megatron wasn't your best friend. Megatron was Optimus Prime's enemy. He was Orion Pax's best friend."

Optimus stood in silence for almost a minute, pondering the human's thought. Finally, his body lifted and he said, "Thank you, Spike Witwicky. You are wise beyond your years, and whether you acknowledge it or not. I envision you as becoming a great leader one day."

Sparkplug patted his son on the back. "You're welcome, Optimus," Spike said. "And thank you."

Roller simply smiled, standing on the trailer's ramp.

Optimus nodded. "Autobots, whatever happens, it has been an honor serving with you all. It pains me to think that the faces I see before me now may, at the end of this day, disappear."

Prowl stepped forward. "It is a necessary sacrifice, to protect this world and its inhabitants from our war." The other Autobots nodded and voiced their agreements.

"Autobots and our new human allies, no, our new human friends," Optimus said, "our time of reckoning is come. The Battle of Los Angeles begins in but a few hours. Both of our species may suffer loss, but our fates are now intertwined. I feel the words of each of my predecessors within the Matrix of Leadership inside my chest, that this is the single most important day in the Great War. I thank each and every one of you for offering your best, and for allowing me to lead you all. At last, I feel, our twenty-five-thousand year-long War is ending. Autobots, transform, and roll out."

"We roll," Jazz said, vaulting over his comrades and landing lightly in his alternate form. Bumblebee attempted to mimic him, jumping over Prowl, but his foot caught beneath Prowl's chest, and the two collapsed to the ground.

"Slag, Bumblebee!" Prowl scolded. "Why are you wasting time playing around when we need to get to Los Angeles?!"

"Sorry, Prowl," Bumblebee said, transforming into his vehicular form and allowing his human passengers to climb inside. The other Autobots followed suit, White climbing inside Ironhide.

Prowl raced to the front of the convoy, activating his sirens and flashing lights. As the Autobots pulled onto the highway, passing cars pulled over and stopped. As he thought about it, the hair on the back of Spike's neck stood on end in his anxiety.

The Autobots continued down the highway toward Los Angeles, shining golden in the reflection of the sunlight, like the gods of old pulling with them the sun, and with that, life itself.

Deep inside the mind of Optimus Prime, it still echoed: "You can't defeat me, Prime!"

The sun rose higher over the tense air. Thunder rumbled over the plains from far in the distance. Starscream could feel the coming battle. A dry, hot wind brushed against the half-dead and dying bushes and trees and tall grasses, which undulated like the ocean beneath the wind. Soundwave approached quickly in his alternate mode, bearing down on Starscream's position.

Soundwave transformed, alighting gently on the mountainside. Starscream grimaced, analyzing him. "Data: obtained," Soundwave said. Starscream couldn't help but flash a toothy grin.

"And Lockdown terminated."

Starscream grinned even wider. "Really? How did it go?"

"Ravage totally bit the dude's face in half!" Rumble shouted from within Soundwave's compartment.

"Minions: repaired," Soundwave noted.

"Now, I shall mobilize the Decepticons, once you hand over the coordinates," Starscream said.

Soundwave nodded. "Transmitting now."

Data flashed before Starscream's very eyes, scrolling upwards and out of view, multitudes of symbols translated into Cybertronian. Starscream smiled evilly as he picked the data apart, finding the necessary coordinates.

"So, Megatron will be in North Los Angeles in a few hours? Good thing I positioned Blitzwing and Triggerhappy at the human Air Force installation nearby. Wreckage and Ransack should be at the Army installation, as well, but there's no telling where Ransack would've gone. This will be a piece of cake."

"Decepticons will return to Cybertron with Megatron. Decepticons will be victorious!" Soundwave declared.

"Or we will return to Cybertron with Megatron's corpse," Starscream suggested.

"Megatron lives. Soundwave knows it," Soundwave said, transforming.

"You keep telling yourself that," Starscream said, as Soundwave lifted off, firing into the clouds above.

"You scammed me!" shouted a gruff voice from behind. Starscream turned, but a heavy weight knocked him to the ground.

"What?" Starscream said.

Lockdown gazed angrily into Starscream's optics. "I said, 'You scammed me.'"

"And you failed!" Starscream retorted, kicking the bounty hunter away. "I see Soundwave's too incompetent to deal with you. Well, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.

"You 'Cons took an eye. Your little cat buddy. Well, I want yours," Lockdown growled, pointing at an empty eye socket with his remaining hand.

"So Ravage did get to you? Oh well, he wasn't good enough!" Starscream taunted.

Frustrated, Lockdown growled and charged, tackling Starscream again. The two tumbled down the mountainside several meters before Starscream knocked Lockdown away and regained his footing.

Lockdown stumbled to his feet as Starscream's hand converted into a launcher, loaded with six missiles. Lockdown leapt, dodging the blast from the first. The second erupted directly under Lockdown, and the third caught him in the chest, damaging his armor and sending him flying backwards.

Lockdown grunted as he skidded to a stop and clambered back to his feet. He immediately dropped to his stomach, hiding himself amongst the shrubs and trees. He could hear the muted thumping of Starscream's footsteps, could hear the cogs meshing, the gears whirring, within the former Decepticon Air Commander.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Starscream taunted.

Lockdown produced his severed hook from a compartment on his leg, and let out a cry, lunging at Starscream.

Starscream turned in time to see Lockdown plunge the hook into his shoulder. Starscream cried out in pain, swatting the smaller Cybertronian away.

Lockdown landed hard on his back. He groaned, picking himself up.

"How DARE you?" Starscream shouted.

"Like this," Lockdown said, summoning the last of his energy. In one smooth motion, he launched himself into the air, one foot ahead of the other.

Starscream's missile launcher spun, reloading, and an explosion blasted through Lockdown's chest. The dead weight of Lockdown's body smashed into Starscream's body, and the two collapsed to the ground again.

Starscream pushed the bounty hunter off of him. "Well I must say, I'm impressed you survived that long. It must be a new record," he sneered, as the light faded from Lockdown's optics. Starscream aimed one last missile at Lockdown's head, and fired, blasting it into scrap.

The launcher reverted into Starscream's hand, and he worked his fingers individually. He reached up and, wincing, wrenched the hook from his shoulder.

Tapping a panel on his wrist, he activated his communicator. He transformed, accelerating high into the sky, soaring far above the plains below, transmitted the coordinates and gave his command. "This is Starscream; ALL Decepticons, mobilize."

A light-brown and purple jet immediately launched from Edwards Air Force Base, followed by a gunmetal helicopter. The two vehicles smashed through a hangar door. Scrambled pilots dove for cover, dodging shrapnel.

"Blitzwing en-route," the jet answered.

"Triggerhappy... in-flight," the helicopter echoed.

A desert-camouflaged tank smashed down a fence, leaving behind Fort MacArthur. Machine gun fire erupted behind it, bouncing off the armor with no effect. "Wreckage rolling," it announced.

A tan mine-protected vehicle's tires squealed as it followed at top speed, swerving and avoiding the humans' fire. "Ransack reporting!"

Reconnecting with the communications satellite miles above Earth, Soundwave listened coldly, yet almost with a perverse giddiness, as each Decepticon made its presence known and acknowledged Starscream's order. Buzzsaw obediently transformed into his storage mode and took his place inside Soundwave's storage compartment.

"All hail Megatron," Soundwave said in his cold, computerized voice.

The citizens of Los Angeles crowded sidewalks and clogged arteries of traffic, going about their business as usual. Occasionally, they looked up in passing curiosity at the squadron of F-22s roaring overhead, high above the tallest skyscrapers of the city. It was normal, though. Probably just an exercise out of Edwards AFB.

Across the city, people took mild interest in the tanks rumbling into the city, separated by jeeps packed with soldiers. No one really wondered what was going on; they all had more important issues at hand, like their haircut that they were already five minutes late for. There was simply no time to think about why the military would be on an exercise within the city. It just didn't matter.
The Dark is Coming
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Great job! Can't wait for the huge battle!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Great chapter! Keep up the good work!
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Aw! It's like he's their daddy!

(to quote a certain videogame...)
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

That's what I was going for.
The Dark is Coming
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Chapter 13
Starscream could feel the tension in the air high above the city of Los Angeles as he circled high above the city, far higher than any normal Raptor could manage. The Autobots were coming; he knew it. Thunder growled lowly from nearby clouds tugged toward the city by the strengthening winds, heralding the coming battle. He chuckled to himself in satisfaction.

“Ransack, are you and Triggerhappy in position?” he hissed.

Ransack gasped over the communication link. "Ye- yes. Triggerhappy's having a much harder time with staying there than I am, though."

"Keep him in line!" Starscream shouted. "If you let Optimus Prime through, and he doesn't terminate you, I will."

"Yes, sir, Lord Starscream," Ransack replied.

"Excellent. Starscream out."

Starscream flew on in silence for a few moments before contacting Wreckage: "Wreckage, this is Starscream. Is the search going well?"

There was static over the line, then, "-ope. Goin- -try evad- -litary. Hot on Blitz- -my tail."

"Wreckage, do not engage until I command such. Continue your search, and report findings to me immediately. Do you understand?"

"-es."

"Good. Over and out."

Starscream chuckled to himself again, then continued into a full cackle.

Countless lanes of traffic swarmed through the highways outside of Los Angeles, parting like the Red Sea before the Autobots, although mainly Prowl. Spike gulped, and looked at the digital readout of Bumblebee's clock. The green digits read: "11:48". It was almost noon.

He turned to see Carly staring upwards out the window. Then Spike heard it, too. Barely audible over the rumble of thunder, beat the blades of a helicopter.

"Prime." It was Roller.

"Yes, Roller? What is the problem?"

"Teletraan-1 has detected two Decepticon spark signatures in the immediate area. They are designated as Ransack and Triggerhappy," Roller said.

"Autobots," Prime said, "stay vigilant."

"Will do, OP," Jazz replied.

"Want me to, BANG, waste 'em?" Warpath asked.

"No," Optimus responded promptly. "I want to get through this with as few casualties as possible, Autobot, human, or otherwise."

"I don't think that will be possible," Prowl said. "Triggerhappy's a maniac with too many guns for Perceptor to count, and Ransack will do whatever it takes to make sure he gets whatever prize he wants."

"If anything, Ratchet can knock 'em out," Ironhide said.

"Ironhide, you are incorrect. My electro-magnetic pulse generator isn't powerful enough to down either of them."

The roar of Bumblebee's tires grew louder as the Autobots passed onto a high overpass. The helicopter swung low suddenly. The Autobots swerved, tires screeching, as a missile exploded directly in front of them, shattering a large chunk of the pavement and concrete, the shards of which rained on the bridge below.

"GO!" shouted Ironhide.

Bumblebee lurched forward, around the hole, and gunned his engine. Ratchet activated his sirens and moved directly behind Prowl.

Spike turned in his seat to look at the Autobots behind him, but found himself horrified, staring aghast as a mine-protected vehicle behind them began to shift its shape, into a form that seemed to suffer from malnutrition, thin in some parts but thick in others. This Decepticon retracted its clawed toes to rest on its lower leg, and raced forward on wheeled feet, knocking vehicles aside carelessly.

Optimus Prime slowed, detaching from his trailer, which continued on after the other Autobots as if it were being towed by an invisible driver. Once clear of the other Autobots, Prime transformed quickly and spun, delivering a punch to the side of Ransack's face.

Ransack roared as he spun past the Autobot Commander, and one foot slipped out from beneath him and he smashed hard into the pavement. He quickly leapt back to his feet and glanced around, rubbing his hands together and flexing his fingers. Seeing his comrade approaching, Ransack charged, tackling Optimus Prime, and the two tumbled from the overpass, taking a small section of the concrete siding with them.

The two combatants slammed into the next level. Traffic screeched to a halt, and the thudding of vehicles colliding produced a mechanical cacophony that drowned out most other sound.

Both were immediately on their feet. Ransack danced around nervously, never staying in one spot for too long. The two halves of his vehicle-mode fork resembled claws on both of the Decepticon's wrists.

Ransack shrieked and launched himself forward. Optimus dodged to the right, barely avoiding the Decepticon's claws.

The beating of helicopter blades from behind drew Prime's attention as Triggerhappy transformed and landed to assist his comrade. The mad Decepticon twitched endlessly, as his rotor split and was reconfigured into two triple-bladed hacksaws. Missile and rocket launchers, machine guns, and countless other weapons all clinked as Triggerhappy approached the Autobot leader.

“You don't have to do this," Optimus said. "You can give yourselves up, and you will both be spared any further injury."

A rocket fired from a launcher attached to Triggerhappy's shoulder. Optimus ducked beneath it and rolled away from the blast. Ransack dove for cover as shrapnel shot through the air.

"Triggerhappy! Be more careful!" the smaller Decepticon scolded.

Triggerhappy only grunted in reply, eyes wide with madness and fixated on Optimus Prime.

The Autobots slowed, directed into a defensive formation by a military officer, before stopping. Captain White disembarked from Ironhide, and greeted the man.

Spike gazed through Bumblebee's windows as soldiers passed by, hastily tossing together tripod mounts for machine guns and directing civilians away from the area and placing orange and white-striped signs warning away traffic. Jeeps passed by, patrolling the city in groups of three. High above the city, a squadron of F-22s roared through the descending clouds.

"Looks like something big's about to go down," Jazz said over the radio.

"Something big is about to go down," Ironhide replied. "And it's about time. I ain't busted any Deceptichops in a long time."

"You're about to get your chance, Ironhide," Bumblebee said.

Spike and Carly climbed out of Bumblebee, as a Raptor that had broken off from the main group descended toward them. Sparkplug walked up beside them, gazing at it. "What weird colors," he said.

As curious bystanders watched, Optimus Prime's trailer gave off a puff of steam, and split down the middle. The two sides folded outwards, and came to rest on the ground. Roller tapped Teletraan-1's keys rapidly, raising the mysterious teardrop-shaped object on its steel beams.

Ironhide transformed. "Oh no. Everyone, get back!" He shooed both soldiers and civilians back with his hands. Many civilians turned and ran away, screaming hysterically in fear at the monster than had taken shape before their very eyes.

Immediately, Jazz, Bumblebee, and Prowl transformed, bracing themselves. Chip climbed out of Ratchet's rear medical bay with help from a group of soldiers and wheeled his chair up the trailer's ramp and toward Roller.

The F-22, the soldiers now saw, had red and blue trim, and bore the Decepticon logo on the top and bottom of both wings.

"It's Starscream!" Ironhide shouted.

White jerked his head around, watching the soldiers scatter for cover before seeing the approaching fighter and diving beneath the trailer.

Starscream pulled up, and Spike let out a sigh of relief, before Ironhide tossed a car, which was obliterated as two missiles exploded against it.

White climbed out from beneath the trailer, brushing dust off of his uniform. He scanned the area for the officer who'd greeted him mere moments earlier, hoping he'd be able to relay commands to the rest of the soldiers. All he saw was a jumble of urban camouflage in continuous movement, their bustling banter rising just above the sound of the fighters roaring overhead.

Then he realized it. He could hear! This revelation came just in time for him to hear the chilling command: "Decepticons, attack!"

Immediately, two nearby tanks transformed, firing several shots into the group. Everybody scattered as Blitzwing and Wreckage charged with every gun blazing.

Blitzwing was sent hurtling backwards by a blow from a red limb from within the thick cloud of dust. Ironhide rushed at the Decepticon triple-changer, landing several glancing blows with both fists.

Prowl leapt elegantly from the cloud, bringing a foot down hard on the back of Wreckage's head.

Beneath a shield of cold plasma, Roller hurriedly entered data into Teletraan's system. From within the teardrop shape fired a red beam of hot plasma, which tore into the ground before lifting up toward Wreckage, who immediately transformed and rolled in the opposite direction at a speed impossible for any normal tank, and disappeared around the corner of a building.

"Bumblebee, Prowl, you two go find Megatron. We got a handle on the situation here, dig?" Jazz commanded, leaping effortlessly over Blitzwing's head and landing several blows to the massive Decepticon's back.

"Wait wait wait," White called. "Little yellow guy, sorry I don't know your name, but I need you to protect the kid." White ran up and put a hand on Spike's shoulder. He turned to Spike and held out a small metal device with a glowing green LED. "Listen, I can't leave these guys here without an expert, and they don't trust these guys. I need you to take this to take out Mega-man or whoever. If he gets out, it's game over. That much I understand. This is a homing beacon. Press the button on the side next to the green light to activate it. It'll turn red, and when it does, you better get the hell out of the way. Those fighters up above the city will tear whatever you put it on apart."

Spike tentatively took the device, and placed it gently in his pocket. He nodded. "Okay."

"Awesome. Great," White said. He turned to Carly and Sparkplug, grabbing them by the arm. "You two need to get out of the battlezone. Just run. Get as far away as you can."

Carly twisted away from White's grip. "No. I'm not going anywhere without Spike. Where he goes, I go."

White sighed. "I don't have time for this. As long as the yellow guy can take care of you, fine."

"You really wanna go because of me?" Spike asked. "You don't want to stay here and... observe or something?"

Carly smiled. "Spike, I didn't come along with some alien monsters to help fight their war just so I could watch them. Spike, our world is in serious trouble, and you're the only one who can save it right now. And I'm the only one who can save you and Bumblebee."

Spike smiled back, as the two leaned in, closer, ever closer, until their lips met for one short, passionate moment.

Sparkplug took a step toward his son, unable to contain himself. "Spike..." He held one arm out, fingers extended.

Spike took Sparkplug's hand and shook it. "Dad," he said.

Sparkplug pulled his son in and wrapped his arms around him, squeezing tightly. "Son, whatever happens... I'm proud of you. I'm the proudest father in the world." The two separated. Spike said nothing, only nodded back, before turning to climb back into Bumblebee's driver seat. Carly slid in next to him gracefully, and Sparkplug turned and just started running.

Bumblebee and Prowl screeched off, leaving a cloud of dust behind them.

Starscream growled as he roared after the formation of Raptors ahead. Slowly, the distance between them decreased, and Starscream entered the V-formation, chuckling to himself.

"F-22 pilot, please identify," the lead pilot commanded over the radio.

Suddenly the pilot directly adjacent to the Decepticon chimed in, "That thing has no pilot!"

"No pilot?" cackled Starscream. "I'll show you the pilot!" Immediately, Starscream began to transform, flipping and smashing the adjacent fighter's wing, sending it into a fatal tailspin. The fighter began to descend toward a massive skyscraper, before exploding in midair.

The rest of the squadron scattered, avoiding the Decepticon's swiping claws.

A missile fired from one of the Raptors, bearing down on Starscream as the boosters on his back roared at full speed. The Decepticon Air Commander nimbly rolled around the missile, before landing a single blast with the thin barrel attached to his arm. The pulse of energy rocked through the shell, knocking the guidance system offline. Unguided, the missile continued in a straight path before it was intercepted by another.

Starscream turned in a wide arc above the city, aiming with the barrels on both arms this time, and fired at the Raptor that had shot at him. Electricity arced through the fighter. Its engines fluttered and died, and the entire jet began to fall from the sky. Starscream followed up with his own missile, and the F-22 exploded violently.

Scoffing condescendingly, Starscream converted back into his vehicular form, chasing the rest of the Raptors away from battle.

A booming thud accompanied a shock wave from Triggerhappy's single footstep. He grinned maliciously at the comparatively small Autobot.

Optimus Prime turned just in time to catch Ransack charging at him. He grabbed the Decepticon, redirecting his momentum minutely, sending him crashing into his comrade, and both clattered to the ground.

"Please, you do not have to do this," Prime pleaded.

Ignoring Optimus's pleas, Ransack hopped to his feet and butted Optimus in the torso with his head. Optimus grunted, falling backwards, and knocked the Decepticon away. Ransack stumbled into a massive concrete support pillar headfirst.

Optimus was instantly on his feet, diving around the fire of Triggerhappy, grabbing the mountainous Decepticon's lower leg and pulling as hard as his arms would allow. Triggerhappy waved his hands in the air, trying to maintain his balance, but fell.

Ransack leapt over his comrade, brandishing his blades. Optimus ducked around the slashing claws, landing an elbow to Ransack's side. Ransack roared in fury, turning and charging again as Triggerhappy picked himself up.

Optimus jumped, placing his foot firmly on Ransack's face and used it to leap higher, soaring over the larger Triggerhappy, who launched another volley of missiles.

Optimus dove behind a support pillar, unholstering the ion rifle on his back, and fired a round into each missile, exploding them in the air before they could bring down the overpasses above. He sighed, considering his options.

Finally, he rolled out from behind the pillar, just ahead of Triggerhappy's rain of bullets. The Decepticon stopped, the guns on his arms spinning and reloading, and Optimus jumped high into the air and landed on the massive Decepticon's back just before it began another rain of fire. Triggerhappy teetered, almost falling backward, but continuing to fire multiple, continuous streams of bullets.

Prime reached forward from his perch in Triggerhappy's back, taking a firm hold of the monster's right arm with his free hand, and directed the stream of bullets at Ransack.

The smaller Decepticon howled in pain, tumbling backwards and blindly lashing out with his claws. Triggerhappy let out a high-pitched whine as his barrage tore into his only friend before his very eyes, but he was unable to end it.

Prime turned away as the smaller Decepticon's armor wore away under the endless hailfire. Triggerhappy grunted pleadingly, but was unable to stop himself. The rattle of the bullets tearing away at the now helpless Decepticon drowned out all other sound, and, finally, the barrage ended as Triggerhappy's ammunition emptied.

Prime looked back grimly, seeing the Decepticon lying there, still. No light issued from its optics. He sighed. "We could've helped you."

He looked back down at the hissing of Triggerhappy's weapons, which continued to fire blanks. Optimus looked up toward the sky and placed the end of the barrel of his weapon against Triggerhappy's head and fired a single shot.

Optimus stepped down, letting the Decepticon fall. He gazed down at the two fallen enemies, reholstered his rifle, and drug the body of the smaller Decepticon next to his fallen companion. He knelt down next to their blackened and holed heads, tenderly closing their eyes. He placed his index and middle fingers on Triggerhappy's forehead, closed the plates around his eyes, and uttered a silent prayer, then repeated the ritual for Ransack.

He stood, feeling a heavy weight on his chest, his head hanging low. He sighed again. "You are with Primus now. Both of you."

Blitzwing roared, transforming into his tank form.

"BANG, watch out!" Warpath called, stepping into cover behind a building.

Jazz lunged forward, converting into his alternate form. His engine revved and he shot forward, racing around upturned chunks of pavement and soldiers diving for cover.

Blitzwing fired a shell, blowing out part of the outer wall of a building and sending rubble cascading to the ground. Jazz swerved and transformed, coming up on Blitzwing's side, and leapt nimbly to the top of his turret, jerking the cannon upward just as the Decepticon fired another shot, which sailed high into the air, where Ratchet fired a shot that destroyed it.

Blitzwing transformed back into his true form, grabbing Jazz by the ankle and tossing him into a brick wall. Jazz groaned, collapsing to the ground.

Blitzwing laughed deeply, taking a step toward Jazz. And another. Another.

An explosion silenced all other sound for a split second, and Blitzwing staggered sideways, gasping his side. Sparks sizzled, raining down on the charred pavement below.

“KABLAM! Pick on someone your own size, Decepticreep!” Warpath called.

Blitzwing turned to the intruder, hunched forward and hands hanging down to his sides. "Like you?" he growled deeply.

"Why not?" Warpath smirked.

Blitzwing stamped his feet and charged forward, barreling toward Warpath like an enraged bull.

Ironhide fell to his hands and knees and converted into his vehicular form. As Blitzwing rushed toward his ally, he gunned his engine and lurched forward. Blitzwing didn't hear the revving of Ironhide's engine, only his own snarls and the cocky mocking grunts of the Autobot in front of him.

Ironhide rammed into the back of Blitzwing's legs and skidded to a stop, throwing the Decepticon to the ground. Blitzwing kicked his legs hard, bringing his body back into an upright position.

Ratchet ducked around the brawl, quietly padding towards the downed Jazz. He knelt over his comrade. "How are you functioning?"

"I'm fine," Jazz said, sitting up. A cloud of sparks issued from his back. He groaned.

"Let me take a look," Ratchet said, reaching around to the damaged circuits.

"No, I'm okay..." Jazz protested.

"I believe the expression is, 'Better safe than sorry.'" Ratchet pointed a finger, which converted into a tiny cylindrical tube. A stream of a silvery substance that appeared to be liquid, but was in fact a multitude of tiny non-sentient nanobots, poured over the wound.

Jazz gasped, the wound stinging as the tiny robots sterilized and began to repair it.

"These nanobots are repairing the damage," Ratchet explained, returning his finger to its normal form. "Now, rest, my friend."

"Rest my rear fender!" Jazz declared, jumping up and bounding off toward the battle.

Ratchet reached after him in vain. He sighed, shaking his head. "They never want to stay out of action for long." Ratchet stood and ran after Jazz.

Jazz slid nimbly under the mighty Blitzwing, firing several shots into the Decepticon's exoskeleton. Blitzwing snarled, swiping at the small, agile Autobot. Jazz rolled, dodging the Decepticon's blows, and swung himself up onto its shoulders.

Blitzwing reached up for Jazz, clawing at air as Jazz avoided the Decepticon's grasping claws.

Ratchet leapt agilely above the Decepticon, his hand folding away and revealing a hacksaw. He slice at Blitzwing, slashing through one of the smaller cannons angled up over his shoulders. The severed part clanked to the ground.

Blitzwing roared, knocking Ratchet away. The Autobot medic stumbled forward, but quickly regained his balance.

Ironhide clenched both fists and lunged forward, punching Blitzwing in the chest. Blitzwing growled and grabbed Ironhide with one hand, tossing him away. Ironhide rolled a few times before he stopped and climbed back onto his feet. He spat oil and grunted, rolling his shoulders a few times.

Warpath stepped forward, the tank treads on his legs and feet shifting a few times. A shell fired from the cannon on his chest, knocking Blitzwing backwards. The massive Decepticon tripped and fell backwards, shards of his armor clinking to the ground.

“We're breakin' his shell! Keep at him!” Ironhide shouted.

Atop the transformed trailer, Chip patted incessantly on the back of Roller's seat. “Come on, come on, do something! Fire that thing!”

“It needs to charge,” Roller said without looking up. He continued to tap the buttons on the keyboard rapidly. “Once it does, the plasma should severely weaken his armor, if not sever a limb.”

Chip's eyes widened at this information. “It shoots plasma?”

“Yes,” Roller said, still not looking up.

Down the street, Ironhide produced a shotgun converted from his lower arm. Jazz whipped around Blitzwing's feet as he stood again, distracting the Decepticon. Ratchet waved back the human soldiers, who retreated slowly.

Ironhide jerked the shotgun up, then down, and the weapon clicked, cocked. He lifted the gun, locking his elbow to brace his arm, locked his target, and fired. Blitzwing flailed back, waving his arms wildly, and tumbled to the ground. A gaping hole appeared in his armor, shooting showers of sparks into the air, where they died before returning to the blackened and charred pavement.

Yet the monster refused to die, climbing back to his feet another time. A missile launcher on his arm extended forward and out. The missile inside immediately fired, exploding on the ground, sending chunks of concrete and steel rising into the air and knocking the Autobots down.

Blitzwing laughed to himself. “I'll finish you off with my bare hands. And your jelly-bag friends are next!”

Blitzwing charged and loaded every weapon on his body. The main cannon angled upwards rotated ninety-degrees to his side, and then swung forward, under his arm.

“Come on, Roller!” Chip shouted.

“Almost there...” Roller replied under his breath.

Several shots rang out from the group of human soldiers, ricocheting off of Blitzwing's armor harmlessly. Captain White stepped forward from the group, holding a machine gun at shoulder-height, aiming up toward the Decepticon's head.

Blitzwing didn't notice; if he did, he didn't care. He was fixated on the Autobots slowly pulling themselves back together.

White ended the stream of bullets, lowering the gun. He raised his hand to his chin, thinking hard. “They have to have a weak point,” he though aloud.

He could see it. He saw the tall, thin green one approaching ominously. He saw the ammunition bouncing off of its armor like mere pebbles. Then he saw it recoil, ever so slightly, as a shot bounced off of its shoulder joint.

His hand dropped back to his side. He looked up, and almost smiled. “Aim for the joints!” he commanded, raising the gun. Immediately, a rain of fire concentrated on the Decepticon's various joints stung at him. He felt it in his elbows, in his shoulders, in his knees and ankles.

He growled, turning toward them.

White took a step back, letting the gun fall to the ground. “Fall back!”

Several weak missiles tore through the group, sending clouds of dust and round clumps of concrete into the air. Soldiers unfortunate enough to be caught in the blast zones flailed to the ground, skin scorched.

Blitzwing raised his arm to let out one of his more powerful missiles. He smirked. “Change of plans.”

Suddenly, a red beam tore into his shoulder. Blitzwing screamed- he didn't roar, he screamed! Chip threw his arms up in joy as the beam seared through the Decepticon's armor. Even Roller smiled, if only for a split-second.

The beam dissipated. The metal in Blitzwing's right shoulder glowed bright red, distorted and melting. Blitzwing snarled again, turning his sights on the trailer, as the cold plasma shield raised again.

Ratchet lunged forward, saw spinning rapidly, and sliced through the remnants of the shoulder. With a clunk, Blitzwing's entire arm fell to the ground. The Decepticon howled in pain, grabbing his shoulder as sparks showered out of the severed circuitry.

Ironhide raised an arm above his head, cheering. From the launchers on his arm, he fired three missiles, which each converged on the Decepticon's body, knocking away more armor. Warpath stood and fired a shell from his cannon, striking the Decepticon in the back.

Jazz leapt forward, performing a back-hand spring and landed nimbly in front of the Decepticon. “You're time's come, Deceptichump!” he taunted, firing a shot into the shotgun wound.

Blitzwing swiped feebly at Jazz, who easily dodged.

Ratchet whipped out a pistol from a compartment on his hip, firing into the wound. Blitzwing howled again, as the wound was engulfed in blood-red fire.

Another volley of missiles from Ironhide tore away at the armor on the Decepticon's back. Ratchet could now see light pouring through the Decepticon's body from the holes.

Jazz flipped and landed, balancing on his hands. He spread his legs to either side, parallel to the ground, and spun at the waist, smacking the Decepticon's torso with his feet.

Warpath fired another shell from up the street. Blitzwing wobbled, his remaining arm flailing. Jazz transformed and positioned himself directly under the Decepticon's raised foot, and when Blitzwing regained his balance, lurched forward, sending the Decepticon back to the ground.

Crimson flames licked at his face as he pushed himself back up with his single arm. He roared, in pain, in fear, but most of all, in anger.

Jazz transformed back into his true form and leapt into the air, spinning, and brought his elbow down onto the Decepticon's exposed back.

Ratchet bounded away from the Decepticon and gestured for Jazz to do the same. The smaller Autobot complied, and several missiles tore into him from above as Raptors circled in the sky, diving around fire from Starscream.

Blitzwing groaned weakly, barely managing to push himself back to his feet. He turned back toward Warpath and Ironhide, raising his arm and charging his launcher.

Ironhide seemed faster than lightning, lunging forward and butting the Decepticon in the chest. Stunned, Blitzwing stumbled backwards. Ironhide raised both of his arms, firing a volley of missiles at the Decepticon, each one tearing away at his armor, until nothing remained but the raw exoskeleton. The rapidly-pulsing spark inside was now visible.

Blitzwing lowered his arm, shocked. The world went black for a moment as Ironhide landed an uppercut to his visor, shattering it and revealing the optics beneath.

Blitzwing furiously batted the Autobot away. Ironhide stumbled backwards, tripping over an upended and charred vehicle.

Raising his arm one final time, Blitzwing approached the downed Autobot.

Jazz launched himself forward, leaping gracefully over the Decepticon and firing a single shot into his spark, shattering it.

The massive Decepticon faltered, freezing. The light faded from his optics, and he collapsed to the ground, dead.

Ironhide stomped on the beast's head, crushing it.

“That was a little far, doncha think, Ironhide?” Jazz said.

Ironhide grunted. “Just making sure.”

The group of soldiers converged slowly on the Autobots, joined by a few civilians, cheering, clapping, and whistling.

“Let's go help out 'bee and Prowl,” Jazz said, as the crowd parted in front of them.

Ironhide turned to the small human captain, squatting down in front of him. “Stay here and coordinate the fighters. Starscream has to be taken out.”

White nodded, acknowledging Ironhide's advice.

“Let's roll,” Jazz commanded, transforming into his vehicular form. The other Autobots followed, and continued in line down the road that Bumblebee and Prowl had taken earlier.
The Dark is Coming
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Great job! Prime was ruthless and Jazz and co. were brutal! Keep going!
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I wouldn't say Prime was ruthless... He did try to get them to stop.

If he really was, I might need to tone him down a bit... That's not what I was going for.
The Dark is Coming
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

"We don't have to fight, we can-" -gunfire, explosion-"RAWGH!" Uses Decepticons own weapon to kill other Decepticon buddy- "NOW IM GONNA POP THIS ION BLASTER IN YOUR MOUTH AND MAKE A' ENERGON SLUSHIE!" -Kills other Decepticon-

No, no, I kid. By ruthless I meant B.A. :) IMO theres ne need to tone him down.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Oh, lol. Thanks.
The Dark is Coming
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Another good chapter!
I agree with Jazz, you don't need to tone Optimus Prime down. You seem to have achieved what you'd intended regarding his character.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Okay, thanks. I'd wanted a good mixture of G1 and Movie Prime, so he'd be more effective than his G1 counterpart was in the TV series, but not be more "Give me your face!" than "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Thanks for your support, guys. Only a few more chapters are left, and then I may give you all a little sneak preview of what I have up next.
The Dark is Coming
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

PrimeDirective wrote: Suddenly the pilot directly adjacent to the Decepticon chimed in, "That thing has no pilot!"

"No pilot?" cackled Starscream. "I'll show you the pilot!" Immediately, Starscream began to transform, flipping and smashing the adjacent fighter's wing, sending it into a fatal tailspin. The fighter began to descend toward a massive skyscraper, before exploding in midair.

Been watching a little NGSMOOV, have we?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

PrimeDirective wrote:Only a few more chapters are left, and then I may give you all a little sneak preview of what I have up next.
Looking forward to that! :)