Custom painted Supreme Class Devastator

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Custom painted Supreme Class Devastator

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Seeing the customs you guys and gals post on here has got me on the bandwagon. Now for a little background on me. I have been building model cars for about 20 years now. Since seeing all of the customs on here I have decided to start some customs of my own starting with the baddest of the bad, Supreme Class Devastator. I have finished Hightower so far. As you will see in the pics I am not going overboard with it, but just enough to bring out the details and give them the used look. BTW the details were just what I thought would look good. Its not really movie accurate. The only thing I plan on painting movie accurate is the face. Does anyone know where I can find nice detailed movie shots of his face?

Well here is Hightower. Tell me what you think for my first try.

Here is some before and after pics of Hightower.

172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I'd maybe give it a little bit more detail than just adding the dirt, although that is a very nice touch.

And for pics... I'd check TFWiki, Teletraan-1, or Yahoo!Images.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Thanks PrimeDetective. Actually it has more than just dirt its just a little hard to see it in the pics. I have dry brushed a dull silver color to represent scratches in the paint. Also if you notice I have painted the spools for the cables black with silver ends, some sort of airfilter next to those is now silver with black detail. Along with those few thing I also did the hydraulics on the scoops for his hand. Anyway any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks for looking.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Oh, I see that now.