Custom exhaust tips for ROTF Sideswipe and Swerve

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Custom exhaust tips for ROTF Sideswipe and Swerve

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Looking at the ROTF Deluxe Class figures of SideSwipe and Swerve I am pretty happy with the looks of the alt mode, Especially being a huge Corvette fan. The only thing that really bothers me with it is the exhaust tips. The could have at least hollowed them out . So I finally took a few minutes to make some new ones out of aluminum tubing. This was very simple. The first step was to remove the old tips. Next I had to use a jewelers file to make the holes in the figure a little larger. Now that my tubing fits the holes I cut four pieces, all 3/8" long. Due to the fact that I had to enlarge the holes I was able to make them snug enough that no glue is needed. All in all its nothing that noticeable but I think it looks good and only took about 10 minutes to do. Next onto Swerve.

Here are a couple of pics to compare the before and after.

172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

So I have good news about Swerve and slightly bad news about Sideswipe. Since I build model cars I started thinking more about the exhaust tips in some of the newer kits by Revell-Monogram and remembered they come with turned aluminum tips made just for this. Well as luck has it I have 2 kits that have 2 in each and they fit the holes in Swerve perfectly. The bad news for Sideswipe is I dont have four more of them. He is going to have to keep the tips I made for him. They look good but not as good as the new ones I used on Swerve. Anyway here are the pics of robot and alt mode for them both. BTW I also switched their arms and legs with each other. I think it makes them a little more interesting in robot mode while not being see in alt mode unless you look at the bottom of the car,

Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Looks very good - nice job!
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Thanks Minerva. I plan on also adding some other details today. I will post more pics later.