TF fan fic - Mercenary Pursuits

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

TF fan fic - Mercenary Pursuits

Post by Deszaras »

Primary character:-
Obelisk

Sub group: mercenary / oblitorator

Alt mode: peterbuilt truck cab with storage trailer. {see my customs thread page 27 for the latest WIP shots of the obelisk custom.}

Bio:
Obelisk doesn't care about the war between the factions he just cares about how much money and energon he can make out of performing tasks for each faction. Some see him as a freeloader but his loyalty to the first to pay him keeps him in pay. {He's not above taking bribes from a target before simply blasting him though.} Most of his profits are fed into buying new upgrades for himself, his weapons or his ship, alas though there is one mech he would never willingly attack, the one who provides him with his upgrades the decepticon known as Darkshock. Other than this one little nick in his credentials Obelisk remains free of being controlled by any given faction unless they have a fully paid up front contract with him. While this seems odd he has not yet failed a contract.

Weapons:-
Stationary volcano cannon platform:-
Formed from the majority of his trailer this weapon fires an incredibly concentrated heat beam that can melt just about anything in less than a second due to its 8000 degrees temperature blast. Its maximum range has not been recored but according to combat stats it is lethal at any distance of less than two miles. The trailer is composed entirely of a rare composite alloy composed of adamantium, titaniun and an unknown substance dubbed 'black rock' making it invulnerable. The weapon barrel is not made from this composite and can be damaged shutting the weapon down.

2 X five barreled high velocity seeker RPG launchers.
These weapons are either mounted on the platform weapon or they can be detacted and used as shoulder cannons by Obelisk. They fire special issue Hunter Killer missiles with mass reactive warheads. these lock onto and track down a target and are nearly impossible to evade once fired. The warheads remain solid until a few moments after impact allowing there armour peircing tips to penetrate a foes armour before detonating and cuasing maximum damage to the unfortunate target.

1 X High speed Gatling
Magazine discharge weapon mounted on his left wrist. Has built in range finders and can fire off its 100 explosive round payload in less than a nanosecond. It then automatically reloads which takes two cycles.

2 X samurai katana's
Obelisks close combat weapons, adapted to be made of the same metal as his trailer platform and with charge metal viens running throughout, they are capable of slicing through anything.

Fusion blaster [1]
Handheld rifle, a scaled down fusion cannon that retains the destructive force of its larger predessor. It can fire once every 3 cycles.

Sawn off Pulse shotgun [2]
A small weapon that fires a sonic pulse that fade rapidly once fired. At extreme close range it can shatter optics and temporarily deafen foes. {Deploys from his forearms}

Combat knife [1]
Simple short blade, Silent and deadly, it is balanced to allow short ranged throwing.

Axe and shield [1]
Made of a specail metal that has a Darkshock specail adapatation. The shield can magnetize and deflect metal blows, it is also covered in an energy shield that is extremely powerful. The axe also has a similar system but it is meerly standard charged metal tech enabled.

Abilities:-

Black rock composite armour {Passive}:-
The blackish protions of his armour are made from this rare and near indestructable composite substance, it is far more resilient to damage than any other known compound. Only a weapon delivered with powerful force {Strength 8+ minimum} could potentailly damage these parts of his armour.

Remote manipulation{active, give him three shots max with it, in a RP situation any more would be exessive, as its capable of melting a city into sludge with a single blast}:-
He can control his weapon platform remotely.

Stats
Strength : 10
Intelligence : 10
Speed : 7
Agility: : 7
Endurance : 10
Courage : 10
Firepower : 10
Accuracy : 10
Hand to hand skill : 10
Technical Skill : 5

Weaknesses:-
His joints, hands and feet are not coated in the black rock composite armour and are his only real weak spots.

Mercenary pursuits.
Part 1
Another solar cycle on the job:-

Staring out accross the landscape before him Obelisk gets his target in sight. The decepticon was performing his routine patrols as he normally did at this precise time. Flipping up his control scrren he presses a few buttons checking the time as nearby his trailer unfolds and clamps into the ground, the volcano cannon deploying in the process. The screen alters to show the viewfinder from the volcanon cannon's targeting system. A number counts down rapidly and as it hits zero Obelisk fires the weapon.

The immense blast of heat emits from the volcano cannon turning everything in its path into ash before slamming into the airborne decepticon hitting him dead center with the beam. The beam doesn't even slow and simply carry's on melting a guard post into slag before dissipating into the side of a mountian leaving a large heat crater in its wake. Scanning the area once more Obelisk confirms that his target had been dealt with.

Something moves on his scanners behind him and within a fraction of a second he had spun round combat knife and fusion blaster in hand.

"You have done exceptionally well as befits one of your reputation" Gael says walking forwards to inspect the area beyond, the autobot commander was an odd mech to look at considering his anti air gun alternate mode.

"I told you, I never fail a contract" Obelisk flatly replies as he folds his trailer away with some console commands.

"I would like you to lead an assualt on the main decepticon base" Gael adds and Obelisk stops walking towards his trailer.

"I did the job you paid me for Gael and besides I work alone." Obelisk says "I will however take down that base if you pay me double my normal fee. 6,000,000 creds and 4000 energon cubes."

"Hey, why's the price gone up?" Gael asks instantly angering.

"Second contract in a row, double normal payment." obelisk says proceeding to resume walking towards his trailer.

"Hey can't we work something out?" Gael asks

"Do you have my fee?"

"No, our entire stockpile on this world is less than your request."

"Then you should have given me the destroy the base contract instead of the 'take out the one sentry' one you paid for. If we meet again it may not be under the best of circumstances."

"And whats that supposed to mean?" Gael asks

"I am after all a mercenary. My contracts come from both sides."

"You admit to heresy?" Gael asks.

Obelisk tosses a data slate onto the ground which lands next to Gael who picks it up and reads it.

"hey what the slag, this is a contract on my spark." Gael says reaching for his weapon.

"If I had intended to kill you I would have done it by now." Obelisk says while fiddling with the sides of his trailer.

"But you never default on a contract, so why show me this?" Gael asks moving closer to Obelisk hand reaching for his weapon.

"Why would I upset one paying customer" Obelisk says before pressing a button on his forearm.

The data slate explodes sending shrapnel into Gael's joints making him immobile. Turing away from his trailer obelisk walks over and picks up Gael.

"The contract on you is to bring you in alive. My other client didn't much care for the unfortunate target of your insignificant contract when he could end the war on this world with his."

Chuckling to himself Obelisk throws Gael into the storage part of his trailer and seals the door. Transforming He moves forward before reversing and hitching up the trailer. Taking off at speed he carreens around tight bends and down steep hills until he intersects with the nearest highway. Gunning his engine which thunders in response he increases his speed.

____
Just out of sight of the decepticon citadel Obelisk pulls over and transforms walking back to his trailer and unlocking it. Taking the kicking and screaming gael out he drops the mech down and gets to work.

After removing the mechs back panel he takes an object from his trailer and lowers it into Gaels chest compartment, a common feature on autobots to allow them to carry there precious little matrix of leadership.

"Hey what are you doing to me?"

"thats top secret small fry." Obelisk replies setting a remotely activated timer on the device.

Yes 5 cycles should be enough. With his work done he resecures Gaels armour and puts him back into the trailer.

Transforming back into vehicle mode he rehitches his trailer and he heads towards the decepticons base, coming to a halt at the exterior checkpoint.

"You'll have to leave your trailer here Obelisk, boss's orders. " One of the guards says.

"Very well."Obelisk says transforming and walking to the back of the trailer. He grabs Gael and strides forwards with his prisoner over his shoulder. The guards allow him to pass and he enters the citadel of the decepticons of this world. The magnavator rises rapidly until it reaches the throne room.

Obelisk walks forward and finds the base's commander and his elite guard waiting for him.

"Here's your goods, online as requested" Obelisk says

"But he has been damaged" One of the elite guards states

"Hey nothing in the contract said you wanted him perfect, it only said you wanted him online."

"He is right. It is surprising that your work so quickly Obelisk, here we have the bane of my existence the enemy commander all for the loss of that pitiful weakling hellscream. most aggreable." The decepticon commander says

Dropping Gael down Obelisk turns to leave and finds an elite guardmech in his path, the same one who had spoken up before.

"And where do you think you are going?" He asks

"My work here is done and I am sure there are more contracts for me to perform elsewhere." Obelisk replies

"We have another contract for you Obelisk." The decepticon commander says

"I'll need 10,000,000 creds and 5000 energon cubes, double my usual pay for the second successive contract" Obelisk says

"We do not have that much here, will you be here in a solar cycles time?"

"Negative, I will be leaving this system in four megacycles time. Farewell" Obelisk steps past the elite guard and the magnavator accelerates downwards.

"Are you just going to let him go commander?"

"There is little else we can do, you know of the stories about his combat abilities, it would be wise not to see if they are true, beside we already have our prize. Get our best interogation specailists up here now to work on our wounded foe. And a medic to keep him alive while they work."

"At once commander"

Walking back to his trailer Obelisk presses a few buttons on his forearm mounted console. The timer of the dark matter bomb he planted in Gael activates. After linking up with his trailer Obelisk stops 40 miles awy from the citadel.

5,4,3,2,1...RUMMMMBBBLLLLEEEE

The citadel folds in on itself as Obelisk watches crushing those unfortunate enough to be inside as the walls, floors and cielings are forced together. 10 nanoclicks pass as the building continues to collapse in on itself before the dark matter reaches critical mass and detonates creating a crater that spreads out to 39.99 miles of the center of the explosion.

Obelisk stands there as very small fragments of the base clatter harmlessly off his armour. Tapping a few key buttons on his forearm console he brings up his days earnings. Noting down the cost of the dark matter bomb and the energy expendeture he finds that he is plus 12,000,000 creds and 5500 energon cubes. Yep just another solar cycle on the job, albeit a prosperous one. Why would anyone choose a side when you could make this much profit in less than a solar cycle? Obelisk niether knew nor cared and was already dissecting his new funds as to what he wanted to upgrade.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

A very thorough bio and an interesting fic.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Mercenary pursuits part 2
Small print

Obelisk stood on the metal circle as Darkshock wanders around the area randomly pressing buttons on the nearby consoles.

"A tad simple for an upgrade don't you think Obelisk" He says

"But a costly one my dear Darkshock and one that is beneficial."

"Yeah, yeah I know. the OS upgrade for your systems will enable independant weapon targeting enabling you to fire upon up to fourteen different opponents at once."

Obelisk nods as the data upload begins. Darkshock seems to get distracted and starts fiddling with some random parts that seemed to be scattered around the area. As he watches Obelisk wonders just what Darkshock was doing moments before the other decepticon pust the parts together before the device in his hands fires an energy pulse at the nearest door melting it into sludge. Shrugging Darkshock tosses the weapon aside the parts scattering once more.

"Still not perfected putting that thing together yet. Oh well maybe next time, first I'll need a better and stronger door." Darkshock mutters

Darkshock flips down the keypad on a swindle brand ATM. Tapping a code swindles voice sounds from the machines speakers.

"Ah the MK IX shielded door, perfect for your secret lairs, base construction or as a gift. Its the perfect product and it can be yours for just 300,000 creds per unit. Item is covered by the swindle brand warrantee. Warantee does not cover sabotage, theft, criminal damage, Villager attacks, James bond, escimoes or 'we can do it' speech tapes."

Darkshock taps in a few more codes and the speakers chime.

"Order logged instant space bridge delivery in 2 nanoclicks."

Darkshock steps back as the door materialises in front of the ATM.

"Thank you for using swindle tech enterprises. We hope you enjoy your purchases and will buy from us again."

Obelisk chekcs his systems and finds that the systems upgrade was complete. Stepping outside the metal circle on the floor multiple crosshairs play around on his HUD before fading from view. His trailer cam in the top right of his HUD remains scrambled due to it being in transit mode.

"Systems upgrade has been completed. I trust the upgrades I requested on my craft have been completed by now."

"I can't tell you that Obelisk" Darkshock says as he installs the new door. "You'll have to ask Firestorm I put him in charge of that task."

Obelisk nods before walking out of the lab and leaving the decepticon scientist to his work.
Upon entering the hangar Obelisk looks at his ship. A small interceptor class frigate, a gift from his first employer, since then it had been extensively modified with black rock composite armour plates, Stealth shielding, crystal spine energy absorbtion system, radar jammer, all range scanner/sonar system, sub aquatic manuaverment systems, extreme range all channels radio suite amoungst exotic weapon refits and high yeild refractor shields. All that was missing was a remote control system for the craft, Of course the already cramped space inside the ship was becoming ever more cluttered due to the presense of so much cutting edge tech.

Firestorm was not hard to find, He was as always hanging out with a very small mech, Frostbite he was called and a mech who was always glowing, Tiberian, Between them they held the secrets to the black rock armour plates that had enhanced Obelisk to his current state.

"Firestorm, Has the remote autopilot been installed?"

"Yeah, installed to spec. Frostbite has linked it into your radio suite. You can manually set up the access codes and frequency yourself right?" Firestorm replies.

"Yes, that is not the most trying task." Obelisk says turning away from the three mechs and walking over to his craft.

Walking up the ramp he eases himself into the chair next to the radio suite and looks through the time period that had elapsed. Ah there seems to be a contract, in the Daaorus sub sector.

Moving swiftly he dails in the radio frequency. "Daaorus installation 003, this is Obelisk I have recieved your communication so what is the contract you have for me?"

"Protection." Comes the reply as the static on the screen clears to show a bright green mech. "We need you to protect something for 40 megacycles."

"That can be arranged for a price."

"I know you don't work for free so I have prepared double your normal fee. Be here shortly, you'll get paid once you sign the contract."

The radio message cuts off and Obelisk shrugs. Standing up he walks to the pilots seat and flicks some switches to bring the ship online as well as the hailing frequency of Darkshock.

"Thank you once agin for these upgrades, I will inform you of there usefulness when I return to you for my next upgrade." Obelisk says shutting off the com when he is finished.

Obelisk's craft sets down close to the installation on Daaorus III and is greeted by the bright green mech as he walks down the ramp of his craft. Transforming into his alternate mode Obelisk follows the green mech back to the installation his craft scanning and mimicing the evironment around it to remain hidden while the extra specail internal safeguards present in the craft activate.

The installation was a simple pre fabricated structure, typical autobot workmanship small but functional. Obelisk stops just inside the entrance and transforms, having to stoop to avoid hitting his head on the ceiling. His trailer following him closely with its electrically powered wheels keeping it moving.

The green autobot passes through a door and Obelisk follows finding that he is able to stand in the room beyond without giving himself a headache. His trailer stops just inside the doorway, four more autobots are in the room and they look up as the green mech approaches before locking there gaze on Obelisk before turning there gaze back to the green mech.

"Fallingstar is this your idea of a joke, we asked you to get a defender, not a decepticon."

"Beg your pardon, I am not a decepticon. I work freelance, you pay my fee and I'll do your contract for you. thats how I work."

"He is the only one to answer my contract request"

"Very well, we have the contract written all you need to do is validate it, then we will give you the full brief."

Obelisk walks over and looks at the contract on the data slate lying on the table the autobots seemed to be standing around. Down the very bottom of the contract was a few lines of insanely small text that he could not read.

"Whats the small print for."

"It meerly states that should any damage befall the sensative object you will be guarding you will pay for the damage."

Muttering too himself Obelisk validates the contract.

"Now, pay me for my job and I'll do it for you." Obelisk states

"No" the mech says

"Then I shall not fulfill your contract and take my fee out of your sorry chassis." Obelisk says his katana's appearing in his hands.

The mech shakes his head and zooms in on the small print of the contract.

I undertsnad that I will only be paid upon completion of the job. Any damage on the object under my care will void my payment.

"You validated it, deny performing the contract and kill us, and thus will be instantly broadcast on all frequencies and will reach every outpots in this sector and before long you will not be able to get a contract anywhere in the galaxy because you failed this one."

"You are playing a very dangerous game, old mech." Obelisk says sheathing his Katana's "For now I shall play along, but give me one excuse and I will personally void your contract"

The room was small and in its center there was a figure held in stasis. Surrounded by a deep green liquid the figure was suspended within the reinforced tank. Obelisk had been left in the room and was to guard the contents of the room. Pressing a button on his forearm his trailer folds outwards, he presses another button and a rack slids out from the side of the platform. On the rack is three automated sentry weapons. Obelisk picks up the first and begins to deploy the weaponry to cover the rooms enterances.

It took little more than 4 cycles to deploy the six sentry weapons held in the trailer. He had activated the sensor net and gun controller on the trailer which lacked the normal volcano armament seeing as it was specialised for the point defence nature of the weapon loadout present in it. Obelisk runs through his normal weapon checks. His katana's were in his sheaths ready to be used, his high speed gatling was loaded, his sawn off pulse shotguns had a full charge and so did his fusion blaster. Making sure no one was watching he checks the hidden compartment in his lower leg to make sure his combat knife was present.

Taking an electrical disrupter from the trailer he walks around the room knocking out the security cameras in the area.

With the area soundproofed beyond doubt Obelisk activates his com system patching into his ship he alters the frequency so that Autobot tech would be unable to detect it. A face appears on his forearm console.

"What do you want now Obelisk?" Captain Agra says.

"Oh, nothing just wanted to give you a heads up. Theres an autobot research facility on Daaorus III."

"and why should I care?"

"I want it destroyed and all of the mechs within it killed but they have me under a restrictive contract. Be here in 40 megacycles time"

"understood"

Shutting off the com Obelisk leans back against the tank and goes into a half sleep state, his systems would arouse him from his semi slumber if something approached the defensive turrets.He shuts off his optics and rests.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Mercenary pursuits part 3
The Kantus Project

Something strange had happened during his stasis nap. Obelisk tried again to activate his optics but he got no response. The few sensors he could detect showed that he was penned in on all sides by something.

"So you know your first objective?" the voice of Fallingstar says muffled for some reason. Obelisk finds that he could make out the outline of the mech in the darkness when he spoke.

"Yes, masters we must leave at once." His voice said and the outline of himself appears in the dark field.

Panicing slightly Obelisk wonders what the slag was going on, then he remembered the stasis fluid tank and the figure within it. Suddenly it all made sense. They had never intened to pay him only to steal his body and ship for there own purposes and then leaving him defenceless on the planet and with the arrival of Agra he would then be no more. Turning his sensors inwards he build up a picture of the body he found himself trapped in.

It was mostly standard fare but had many functions disabled.

His attention is grabbed once more as the thing with his body finishes loading up the sentry turrets and the five residents of the base follow it out of the room towards he knew his craft which they would use to escape this world.

Settling down and calming himself Obelisk starts to activate the dormant functions of the body he now found himself in possession of to see if he could find a way to escape. Something odd happens as he enables the final function. He could feel that around the frame of the mech small objects moving and with a swift test he found he had control over them.

In his mind he sees a sword in his hand and the small objects swift along his frame and form a blade in his hand. Sensing no mobility in the limb he wills the sword to strike and free him from the prison.

As they walk into Obelisks ship the autobot talk.

"And you are sure there is no way for him to escape that tank?"

"You worry too much, that thing... Kantus...Has no mobility of its own and all of the tests we ran with it failed when it was created. It is useless to my plans." Fallingstar says

"YOUR PLANS! Explain yourself"

Fallingstar dives aside as his Obelisk fires the volcano cannon at his brethren. He walks over after the beams fades and kicks the fused remnants of the other bots off the ramp.

"Yes my plans. Besides theres only room for one passenger anyway and thats me." He says before walking up into the craft and sitting down.

His Obelisk activates the ship and they rise above the ground before flying off into space.

The tank shttered and the fluid flowed outwards fliing the room up to ankle hieght before it drained away. Obelisk crashed to the ground and found that his body wouldn't respond to his commands. He the directs his thoughts to the small robots that seemed to exist to serve his every whim. In response they flowed downwards and solidifed around his legs. He also made them reinforce his arms and slowly he pulled himself to his feet.

It was very hard to get used to at first. Obelisk however continued to work at it until he had a reasonable grasp of how his new body worked. It was then that the whole base shook.

Moving without grace he shifted himself to the door and found it sealed. Deciding to fake being injured he sent a mental command to the small robots making them form themselves into the shape of a known MIA decepticon. Slumping to the ground next to the ruptured fluid tank he waited.

One of the doors was blasted inwards and Obelisk could make out Agra's outline.

"It would seem as if Obelisk found a way to void his employers contract" He said. "Concussion, take this decepticon to the infirmary of our battleship. The rest of you conduct a full search of this facility for data and sensative materials. Also look for energy. Return to the landing craft once you have completed the sweep."

Obelisk felt his now body being picked up and the small robots held there shape against the mechs strength.

Obelisk watched as the outline of the decepticon medic scratched his chin.

"Well, what is the problem?" Agra asks.

"It's um... complicated." the medic replies

"Explain"

"Well he seems to have been experimented on and lacks optics and speech systems."

"But he is online?"

"Indeed, but he has no motorvation systems"

Obelisk then made his arm move. The medic jumped back.

"Then how do you explain that."

Obelisk made his body sit up. Forcing it to maintain its masquerade. He used the small robots to perfrom decepticon hand signals communicating that he could hear every word said and would be able to chat if they handed him a transciever.

Agra nods to the medic who produces the required transciever. Obelisk presses his hand onto the object and uses the small robots to link himself tothe device.

"Captain Agra" the transciever says with Obelisks voice.

"What in the name of the cloud nebula?" Agra says

"Just be silent and listen. I was lured onto my last job so that my body could be stolen from me by a group of cowardly autbots. They trapped me in this body and I used its base abilities to fool you into not destroying me." Obelisk allows his other arm to warp shape so that Agra can see the small robots moving. "You are going to help me get even with my enimies and then we shall be even"

"But we cannot hope to beat your old body, even if we used the whole decepticon army to fight against it."

"I never said that I wanted you to fight it." Obelisk calmly communicates. "I need to return to Darkshock's laboratory, immediately. Don't worry I have the access codes and the location in my memory"

Agra nods and Obelisk sees the movement of his outline. "Come to the bridge and we can plot a course from there."

Obelisk stood next to Agra as Darkshock's laboratory came into view on the main screen. As they approached Obelisk transmitted the required approach codes and Agra's vessel docked with the lab with ease.

Firestorm scratched his head as he looked at the battleship that had docked with the lab using Obelisks identity code. Something wasn't right and so along with Tiberian and Frostbite they stood aiming weapons at the access tunnel. Obelisk and Agra had stopped at the inner hatch and he pressed his other hand against the intercom.

"Darkshock, I have encountered a problem and I need to you make the three stooges stand down" Obelisks voice sound over the intercom.

Darkshock muttered to himself as he made his way to the access tunnel, finding Firestorm, Tiberian and Frostbite aiming weapons at the door.

"Stand down you three" Darkshock says and the mechs do as they are told. Darkshock then opens the hatch.

"Well greetings Captain Agra" Darkshock says

"General Darkshock, got a little something going on the side eh. Well nevermind that I won't rat out a superior officer."

"Enough of these formailities" Obelisk says using the transciever to speak. "Darkshock, I need the fail safe object."

"and how pray tell are you going to pay for that?" Darkshock says

Obelisk warps the structure of his body using the small robots that were meshed to it. "This body will be sufficient as payment."

"Working nano tech robots." Darkshock says as he thinks "The only known success of those things was the autobots Kantus project which was discontinued. There worth is beyond measure so yes they will be sufficent."

Darkshock gestures for Obelisk and his three minions to follow. "No offense Captain Agra but it is best that you stay here, my lab contains many dangerous peices of equipment."

Agra nods. "yes I will wait as I have a deal with Obelisk to fulfill."
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Mercenary pursuits part 4
Avenging angel

Firestorm, Tiberian and Frostbite worked below in the operating theatre each playing there part in the fabrication of the black rock composite armour. Obelisk or the thing that held his mind at least was sat ina transferance chair in the observation room along with him.

Turning away from the viewport he picks up a box and flips open the lid. He lays a railgun, a large calibre minigun, a sword and a high speed gatling out before him. Taking a vail of nano tech robots he places them inside the reloading chamber of the railgun. Pulling out a small object he calibrates and reprograms the robots to regenerate the weapons ammunition.

Picking up the weapon and mounting it on a nearby tripod stand he points it at a target made from the black rock composite and he fires the weapon. Instantly a projectile is fired reacing the speed of light before it leaves the weapons barrel. The shot slams into the target and stops. The nano bots rebuild the projectile in seconds and the firing light turn green.

"What are you doing?" Obelisk asks from nearby

"You need weapons and I am currently unable to replace those you used to possess so you will have to make do with a hand held railgun, a high calibre minigun, a high speed gatling and a sword. I am enhancing the high calibre minigun and railgun to feature regenerating aumminition." Darkshock says calmly.

"Understood" Obelisk replies.

Only a few megacycles had passed but his minions had been busy. Down below in the operating theatre a perfect recreation of Obelisk's normal body lay dormant and ready for use. Firestorm gives Darkshock a thumbs up and the observation room lowers down to the same level as the operating theatre the roof and front wall had been left behind and Darkshock simply wheeled the transferance chair into the larger chamber. Hooking up a few wires to both the chair and the operating slab Darkshock activated the sequence.

Obelisk felt pain breifly before his spark and memories were transferred to his new body.

Turning on his optics he noticed the cieling above him and sensed Firestorm making a few alterations to his motor functions. He clenched his right fist as Darkshock attached the high speed gatling to his left wrist. Sitting up Obelisk tested his new form.

"We made some improvements." Firestorm says "By alloying some black rock composite into the underlying frame we made it slightly stronger than it was before, could make all the difference"

"Yes, as I will probably have to fight myself eventually." Obelisk replies. Standing up he stretches his limbs before leaning forwards and picking up the weapons Darkshock had prepared for him. He started with the sword testing its wieght and balance before testing the charged metal activation system.

Satisfied he deactivates the energy field and sheathes the weapon on his back. He then proceeds to pick up the railgun in one hand and the high calibre minigun in the other.

"I thank you for the service you have done." Obelisk says before walking off.

Captain Agra shrank back as Obelisk who had returned only moments before took command of his ship and his forces with comparitive ease.

Why, if he had such skills is he allowed to remain a freelance. I shall have to ask him when the time is right. Agra thought to himself as Obelisk stared down the navigation officer until the mech did what he wished.

Planet Krayilis, until two solar cycles ago it had been a hotbed of open warfare between the two factions. He had arrived and aided the autobots. Agra's craft cruised downinto low orbit of the decepticon base lay shattered along with the few unsalvagable parts of the warriors who had tried to fight.

A shuttle glides down to the site and lands with a burst of retroes. Obelisk steps out along with Agra and a surveyor team.

"What makes you think this was the work of your doppleganger." Agra asks

Obelisk points at a crater caused by an immense heat blast. "Volcano cannon impact crater." He says

"Data is consistent with Obeliks weapon data" the serveyor says

"Now what do we do?" Agra asks

"Get some answers of course. I'll be back shortly" Obelisk says transforming and driving off.

All was quiet now and Valkyrie enjoyed the quiet. It was so odd how it had happened though. A few paniced reports from the cons and then the commander had sent the recon team. There report was odd and mentioned only a small craft speeding off and a scene of devastation.

She was shaken from her thoughst by the sound of an engine. A black semi truck had appeared. Flame decals were present on its flanks and bonnet, otherwise it was completely black. Without thinking she hit the alarm.

Obelisk transformed and skidded to a halt. The autobot base was now on alert as the sentry had activated the alarm. Railgun in hand he fires at the autobot throwing her backwards a few hundred meters with the kinetic impact the weapon generated. Something audiably cracks as the autobot slams into something solid and falls to the ground dormant.

Taking his high calibre minigun He starts cutting through the main entry portal. Picking off any autobot energy signatures his sensors detected through the walls. The entry portal crashes inwards moments later and Obelisk enters the base Gunning autobots down left, right and center with his weapons. All the time scanning for the energy signature of the base's commander.

Ryza sat in his office listening to the screams and shouts coming from the com system. Something had broken into the base and was now heading in his direction. Nothing it seemed could stop this thing and so he gave the order for his forces to stand down and let the intruder come to him. He would teach the stupid interloper a lesson he wouldn't soon forget.

Obelisk noted that the autobots had started to pull back from his advance. He still picked them off with his railgun anyway when he detected them. The base's structure did nothing to prevent this from happening. Turning left he proceeds down the empty hallway before finding the door to the base commanders chambers.

He kicks the door in and looks around. A blast of plasma slams into him and before he knows what is happening he is falling and he reaches out managing to graps something that holds. Resubspacing his ranged weapons as his vision clears he starts climbing back towards the hole that had been created when he had been forced out of the base.

Ryza had moved cuatiously from his office and out into the hallway. His plasma cannon was still white hot and hw was not going to be using it again for quite a while. Drawing his staff he moves to the ragged hole in the bases side and leans out. Obelisks hand reaches up and grasps his throat.

Obelisk pulls himself up into the hallway having gotten a good grip on the autobot commander. The mech tried to harm him with some machine guns which were inneffective against his armour. The mech struggled in his grip and tried to beat him off with a staff. With a backhand blow Obelisk removes the staff from Ryza's grip.

"Autobot, if you wish to save your wretched little life, you will tell me if any odd craft were seen when your opponents base was destroyed." Obelisk says pulling Ryza in close.

Obelisk walked away from the autrobots base that now looked like a stampeeding herd of robocreatures had slammed into it. Ryza had provided the required information after being given the right amount of persuasion. He had now acquired the heading of his targets craft. He informed Agra of this data as the shuttle returned to the battle cruiser.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Mercenary pursuits part 5
Endgame

Fallingstar along with his Obelisk had paused when they reached the Ezion System. They had sought shelter with a decepticon known as Asacaros seeing as they had picked up the traces of someone following them and Asacaros had the latest in fun house defensive systems protecting his base.

Fallingstar sat calmly in one of the chairs present inside the control center which was buried deep within the planets surface, the entire structure above them all devoted to the fun house defensive system. His Obelisk stood nearby not moving while Asacaros fiddled with the energy source Fallingstar had used to bribe him.

"He will be here soon"

"No need to worry about that now. The defenses are set to the maximum setting so that nothing could get through them all. There are after all fifty different rooms in the lastest fun house system. It is proof against any attacker" Asacaros says excitedly

Agra looked at the planet before him and then to Obelisk.

"You can go once I leave your ship Captain Agra." Obelisk says as he turns and walks away. A few nano clicks later a drop pod streaks away from the craft.

"Navigation lets get back to our designated patrol zone."

The ship turns lazily before accelerating away.

The drop pod glowed white hot around him as it streaked down through the atmosphere. A solid impact shattered the pod but left Obelisk unscathed such was the pod's design specifics. Before him was a large structure essentially a dome shape.

Taking his charged metal sword to the side of the structure he cuts himself an entryway. Alarms sound as he walks forwards.

The alarm sound in the control room and Asacaros glances at the screen. "Ah ha our intruder is now in the minotaur maze which means he will not last very long."He states matter of factly.

Obelisk ran through the maze and essentially straight into the minotaur drone. Its weapon came out of the darkness before him and left a nasty score marke across the upper right hand side of his chest. Snarling with rage Obelisk proceeded to reduce the drone to scrap by unleashing the high speed gatling on his left wrist.

Charging forwards he careens through another solid wall and finds himself in a circular chamber with mutliple blue lights disguised to look like flames. As he stepped forwards the tiles under his feet turned black and a serpentine dragon drone risies from the darkness. It slithered up behind Obelisk who's arm lances backwards, charged metal sword blade in hand using the dragon drones own momentum to effectively slice it in half down its center.

He smashes through another wall with his fists and enters a wide arena. Walking forwards he tuts as a large grate slides open opposite him. A very large walking terror that must have been as large as trypticon but a lot more ugly as it had been made from mismatching components. Obelisk just stands there as it approaches him. The thing roared at him exposing its weak point and immediately a railgun round had been put though it. The cobbled together thing detonates throwing debris everywhere, some of which slices narrow channels into Obelisks armour. The floor underneath him shakes as three more grates open and more of the mismatched drones emerge. Obelisk reprims his railgun and chuckles.

"How can he still be alive?" Fallingstar says as he observes the data readout following the swift defeat of three of the room sof the supposed 'ultimate defensive measure'

"Don't know, lets take a gander at some live video footage" Asacaros says calmly. Flipping a switch a screen hums into life and flickers before forming an image. Obelisk walks away from the bruing wreckage of the lizard guardian drones. His armour smoked where minor damage had been inflicted. His armour was marked with four grooves running up the right hand side of his torso. The rest of his armour was covered in shallow channels cut by the debris from the lizard drones.

"Snap." Asacaros says "We have a duplicate on our hands. Why do you have another Obelisk chasing you."

"That one is a mimic. I hired the real Obelisk here to help me root out and take down this fake."

"Looks pretty real to me. Oh well guess I should be taking some notes to give those fun house instalation guys some end user feedback" Asacaros says switching his attention elsewhere.

Obelisk was not in the best of moods when a vat of acid had been poured on him. The substance had failed to harm his viatls but it had blistered his paintjob and scorched his armour in a few places. Stomping accross the narrow pathway to the otherside of the room he notcied the acid puddle below him bubbling. As it shifted and a tentacle extended itself from the depths He had fired a series of railgun slugs at the corners of the area. With a horrible slurping sound the acid drained through the holes immediately metling anything in the rooms below and revealing the squid styled drone that resided in the acid. Not thinking twice Obelisk shot its eyes out and carried on. Forcing a panel off the far wall and steppping through.

As he entered the next area he detected the zero grav units on the surfaces ahead of him. Activating his adhere systems he carried on walking. the spikes that lanced from the walls and floor leaving peck marks on his armour plates before snapping due to the strain. Slicing himself an exit Obelisk drops down a floor landing in a room that had had its contents melted into an unidentifiable sludge. An odd series of ruined holoprojectors and retroform matter duplicators were set into the recesses. Obelisk ignored them and proceeded forwards.

Asacaros clapped and laughed to himself as Obelisk twarted the fun house rooms one after another with relative ease. "I am definately going to get a full refund after this is over and done with" He said casually.

He glances at the screen as the contracting crusher chamber buckles as it touches its victim before being rended open. "Remarkable" He adds chuckling to himself.

The inverter field was present in the rest of the rooms between him and his target and so Obelisk paused for a breif moment after detecting it to realign his systems as he entered the first of the rooms. It was a simple thing with a semi circular area littered with moving spherical boulders. Obelisk merely kicked the first into the second and it created a chain reaction that ceased the boulders movement. He walks casually through them. He picks up the last boulder and hurls it through the nearest wall to create himself a doorway.

Pulling himself through the hole he finds himself in aroom bathed in extreme temperatures. Some of his paint flaked off as he traversed the room but his armour could easily withstand the temperature. Even if the metal boulder which he had used to create an entrance had simply melted.

The next room was out of the inverter field and was easily accessed whne Obelisk decided to simply ignore a wall and smash through.

"And now we reach the penultimate event." A speaker system announces.

High speed transforming drones emerge from chutes all over the room. Each is a perfect sphere combined with deadly charged metals blades. Obelisk starts raking the area with his high calibur minigun, all the while getting more cuts and rents in his armour as the weight of numbers against him starts to show but not for long.

The minigun clicks empty as the last drone collapses. Holstering the weapon so that the nano clip could regenerate its ammunition he proceeds to walk forwards now carrying a slight limp in his right let after a lucky blow from one of the drones had bitten into some internal circuitry and caused some damage.

Hobbling with his injury Obelisk enteres the final room this time however through the provided door. He was down to his railgun and charged metal sword but he would previal and destroy the mech who had stolen his visage and also the mimic that possessed his old body if he could be bothered.

Asacaros looks blankly at the screen as the unfortunate and now wounded intruder enters the deadliest of the 'fun house' rooms. Unfortunately the room was designed as a last ditch defense against such irrtations. Concentrated cutting lasers started lancing randomly in all directions as a singularity was generated in the center of the chamber. In addition to these the room dispensed more roller drones as well as inverting the enmeis movement controls while also generating a null gravity field. The room was to all intents and purposes unpassable.

"Now your annoying little follower will cease to exist. Or so the reps who sold me this thing claimed but then they did spout a load of hexagonal nuts." Asacaros says

Fallingstar glanced at the tunnel that led to the hidden hangar bay. If he needed to he would run away with his puppet and find a way to acheive a fast track version of his plans. His mimic Obelisk nodded as if it knew what he would expect of it.

Obelisk was now very annoyed but remained calm despite the chaos around him. Cutting lasers bisected roller drones before they could reach him and the singlarity was sucking up the remains. Taking careful aim with his railgun while using the magnteic clamps in his feet and the sensor settings he had adpated before he fires one shot which takes out one of the singularity regulators present in the room.

The moment he does this the singularity in the center of the chamber goes out of control. It starts sucking in everything around and near it. Poorly secured panels on the walls floor and cieling rip off shutting off the lasers and pulling the roller drones to an untimely end. Obelisk continues to stand perfectly still on a peice of well secured metal reinforced by his own magnetic adherant systems amidst the chaos counting the nano clicks until the systems auto shut off would kick in.

Asacaros was stunned by what he was seeing some of the control consoles had started to explode showing the room in sparks and electrical components. Warning messages flashed up on every screen except for the video feed which showed Obelisk standing still as the room disintegrated around him.

"Slag, he's slagged the whole system. The emergency safety cut off will be active in moments and then he will have a direct route down to this very room!" Asacaros shouts now almost hysterical. Fallingstar was already moving towards the exit. The mimic already moving to follow.

Obelisk crashed down into the central command center as the entire complex goes into emergency safety mode. Ignoring Asacaros and without much though he had fired his railgun, the round slams through Fallingstar's right shoulder. The autobot collapses forwards and the mimic scoops him up. Obelisk continues to fire his railgun but the weapon proved ineffective against the armour of the mimic. A blast door slams down blcoking his path and by the time he had cut through the object a ship can be seen flying away into the sky.

Obelisk turns round his joints still functioned but his armour was marked and it looked like he had fought off an industrial rending machine. Grabbing Asacaros he slams the decepticon into the closest wall.

"Where are they going. Answer me" Obelisk growls evily.

"I don't know, I swear." Asacaros says

Obelisk drops him to the ground and walks towards the hangar. "I am taking your spare shuttle"

"Who the frag are you anyway?"

"Obelisk."

"How in the name of the inferno. That other mech claimed to be Obelisk as well"

"Do you think that the real Obelisk would hide from any foe or be seen under the employ of a weakling autobot such as that."

Asacaros thinks about it for a moment before nodding. "From your actions alone it would seem that you fit your namesake's methods better."

Obelisk merely nods before walking away. A shard of metal dropping from his knee joint which frees it up and enables him to walk normally.

Epilouge 01

Darkshock looks up as Obelisk's ship glides into his lab.

"Darkshock, the mimic still exists" Obelisk says walking from the craft, his armour spotless. "During the fight I manged to damage him quite badly and our weapons got muddled up so that he ended up with my railgun and high calibur minigun. I don't have any specific upgrade requests at the current moment. I will get back to you once I complete a few more contracts. Destroy the mimic if he approaches you"

With his part said Obelisk and his ship exit the lab.

Darkshock scratches his chin after the mech had left. Very odd behaviour for Obelisk to display. I will have to get the archetects of Obelisks second body to decide whether or not that was the real or the mimic obelisk.

Epilouge 02

Obelisk hadn't bopthered to try and repair the damage he had suffered during the fun house escapade as he did not possess the materials or the expertise to perform the repairs. He had been hunting for clues of his mimic for a few solar cycles when he had recieved a new contract. Accepting the job Obelisk aims his craft towards the site of the job request.

He would need more funds if he was to hunt down his doppelganger and there was no better way to acquire these funds than via performing his mercenary pursuits and contracts. The mimic would make a mistake eventually and he would be hot on its trail and would hunt down and make sure that the doublecrossing autobot Fallingstar got his comuppance and was removed from existance.

End.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Very cool, man. I really like your Obelisk character.