BDixonarts art Folder

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

The latest looks great, tfshadowcons, but the thing you gotta love about Seeker lineart--you can repurpose it as so many different canon AND fanfic characters.

Now, when you say you were "given permission to color [this lineart] by IDW artist Alex Milne", do you mean you were given permission to color Starscream in front, Thundercracker in the upper left of the pic, and Skywarp in the upper right of the pic? or were you given permission to color it any way you liked, as often as you liked? like, maybe Starscream's one of the ones in back, and Sunstorm is the one in front! or maybe it's a picture of the Rainmakers! or a trio of generics colored like the Coneheads! The possibilities are endless!

Working backwards, i guess: Is Solidstrike based on Alternity Megatron, reimagined in the style of the live-action movies? Pretty cool.

i really like that Blackjack, especially the way the arms and shoulders look like they transform.

Drift and Blade look good, although something's bothering me about those two poses together in one pic--possibly the fact that Drift looks like he's about to do battle, and Blade's just standing there? Their body language is just so different, it's like they're reacting to different things--and yet, they're in the same place, so they should be reacting to the same thing.

Nice work on the Coneheads, and i like that background!

Is that Animated Prowl in G1 Prowl colors? Nice choice, even if i'm not crazy about the way Animated does a lot of its faces.

Optimus Prime vs. Megatron looks good.

Okay, i had a little trouble with target practice; all of the TFs pictured are looking at the weapon that's targeting them, so presumably they all see it, but some of their body language seems inappropriate for someone who realizes a weapon is being pointed at them--Starscream and Bumblebee in particular. (Bumblebee's pose makes me think, "We, who are about to die, salute you!" although i suppose it might be interpreted as something along the lines of, "Wait--do you see something up there?") Skywarp and Prowl, by contrast, have the perfect poses for this series, and Ironhide's pic isn't a bad fit if he's saying something like, "Who the heck's takin' potshots at us... There's one!"

Keep up the good work, tfshadowcons!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

transit wrote:The latest looks great, tfshadowcons, but the thing you gotta love about Seeker lineart--you can repurpose it as so many different canon AND fanfic characters.

Now, when you say you were "given permission to color [this lineart] by IDW artist Alex Milne", do you mean you were given permission to color Starscream in front, Thundercracker in the upper left of the pic, and Skywarp in the upper right of the pic? or were you given permission to color it any way you liked, as often as you liked? like, maybe Starscream's one of the ones in back, and Sunstorm is the one in front! or maybe it's a picture of the Rainmakers! or a trio of generics colored like the Coneheads! The possibilities are endless!
The permission that was given to me was that I could color it, he didn't say in any which way or anything just to make sure the credits were there and so on. I am also doing an alternate pic with the Rainmakers, and just to make it clear Sunstorm isn't a rainmaker instead i have one that is called Novastorm for the supposed yellow one :)
Working backwards, i guess: Is Solidstrike based on Alternity Megatron, reimagined in the style of the live-action movies? Pretty cool.
Thanks and no Solidstrike is not based off of any existing bot. He was one of the SHadowcons me and a friend of mine have been working on.
i really like that Blackjack, especially the way the arms and shoulders look like they transform.
Thanks that was just a little recoloring fun for Blackjack for his OC character.
Drift and Blade look good, although something's bothering me about those two poses together in one pic--possibly the fact that Drift looks like he's about to do battle, and Blade's just standing there? Their body language is just so different, it's like they're reacting to different things--and yet, they're in the same place, so they should be reacting to the same thing.
Both Blade and Drift were done at seperate times and I only did the colors for each of them. I do want to do a better one but for now that is what I got.
Nice work on the Coneheads, and i like that background!
Is that Animated Prowl in G1 Prowl colors? Nice choice, even if i'm not crazy about the way Animated does a lot of its faces.
Thanks and that isn't animated Prowl really though its kinda like him, but i was kind of going by the new TF Universe/Prime Prowl for that one
Optimus Prime vs. Megatron looks good.

Okay, i had a little trouble with target practice; all of the TFs pictured are looking at the weapon that's targeting them, so presumably they all see it, but some of their body language seems inappropriate for someone who realizes a weapon is being pointed at them--Starscream and Bumblebee in particular. (Bumblebee's pose makes me think, "We, who are about to die, salute you!" although i suppose it might be interpreted as something along the lines of, "Wait--do you see something up there?") Skywarp and Prowl, by contrast, have the perfect poses for this series, and Ironhide's pic isn't a bad fit if he's saying something like, "Who the heck's takin' potshots at us... There's one!"

Keep up the good work, tfshadowcons!
Thanks and the target practice ones were just for fun and I was practicing with making a targeting crosshair lol
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

here is some new pics I had commissioned and I colored for the Rainmakers. Line art for these were done for my by marble-V on Deviant Art.

Stormfront

Acid Storm

Novastorm

Last edited by BDixonarts on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice work! Pretty cool! 8)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

This is a coloring I done in about an hour, its probably the fastest coloring I have done.
The line art came from borosaur on Deviant Art :) :)

and here is a wallpaper I made of this
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Outstanding work! Seen this on FB and was floored! 8)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

here is a couple new color projects i have done

here is a coloring of Shockwave i done for my friend vilot11 on DA

Here is a coloring I done of Sentinel Prime for my friend Vilot11 on DA as well.

here is a bot i done for a friends fan made character. The main bot was inspired off of Armada Crosswise, and this character is called Angelic Knight

Here is a bot I done for a friend of mines fan made character Darkfyre, his body was inspired off of Armada Starscream
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice! 8) Those look great!
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

thanks bud :)

I just did this coloring of Bumblebee for my friend vilot11
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

Here is a coloring I done of Sideswipe for my friend vilot11 hope you all like:)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

Here is a coloring of Ravage and Optimus I did for my friend vilot11 :)

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

You are truly a magnificent artist!

You're a true one too, because you stray outside of simply one style, and have a firm grasp on different kinds of media too. Everything you share with us is different.

I also love the way that you can go from catroonish, fun, and whimsical in one work, and then do something downright dark, and foreboding in the next.

You also have a unique way of bringing out the personality of a character through your renderings, as such, they cease to be a simply a two dimensional drawing, instead becoming an entity of itself.

In short, you're really, really gud! :wink:
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

thanks Roar, I feel my art has come a long way since when I started and after doing these movie bots i feel i can almost do anything, but my biggest thing is I enjoy doing it and transformers mean alot to me so I will continue to perfect my art skills and hopefully go to one of the art institutes to get my art degree :)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I done these colors for Skywarp using the line art for Flyboys that Alex Milne allowed me to color, Hope you like it
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

That looks really good! 8)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I done this coloring of Thundercracker using Alex Milne's flyboy art he allowed me to color, hope you like it :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Looks good. A battled damaged version of Thundercracker! Really like the font lettering on the side too. :wink:
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

that isn't any battle damage, that is the design of the wings it is supposed to be like that :D